Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan Leaf BUSTed for drugs, burglary

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...1727/?chargers

Yes it's true. Have a great time in prison Ryan, hope you've got a lot of fans there! :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Don't talk to me alright! Knock it off!"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wrong Super Bowl Ryan.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he just busted a move.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 05:21 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why the annual comparisons of every top QB prospect to Ryan Leaf are invalid. Ryan Leaf is a headcase on a level few QBs could ever reach. The fact that he was a colossal bust goes way beyond lack of skills or talent.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:28 AM    (permalink
parrish_lemar24DBSkins
Veteran

parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.parrish_lemar24DBSkins hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It sounds like he's going to do some time, but he's only being accused of burglary, not that he was actually caught breaking in the player's apartment.

Maybe more evidence will come out in the grand jury.

Everytime I read about this guy, I get a knot in the pit of my stomach.

I would have chosen him 10 times out of 10 over Petyon during their draft year, yet a guy with that big a hole in his psychological makeup should have been nowhere near the top of the draft.

I just wonder if there were any clues that could have been picked up during the draft evaluation process that in hindsight would have prevented SD from picking him, or having him rated so highly a prospect.

Unlike a guy like RB Laurence Phillips, who had several red flags at Nebraska, did Leaf have "issues" while he was at Washington State?
parrish_lemar24DBSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i think the reason the Colts picked Peyton Manning over Leaf was after an interview. at least thats what i heard.

Apparently the Colts staff asked both what they would do if they were picked #1 overall. Manning said he would ask for the playbook and start studying whereas Leaf said he would take some friends to Vegas and go party.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
well i think the reason the Colts picked Peyton Manning over Leaf was after an interview. at least thats what i heard.

Apparently the Colts staff asked both what they would do if they were picked #1 overall. Manning said he would ask for the playbook and start studying whereas Leaf said he would take some friends to Vegas and go party.
i heard this too

anyway, maybe ryan leaf can resume is football career this way... in pick-up games in prison

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i know its a joke that is used over and over again, but maybe he is gonna have more success at the Receiver position

Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. Where is RyanLeaf#1 when you need him.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope he saved some pills, because he's going need some in prison. everybody wants a piece of a celebrity.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i know its a joke that is used over and over again, but maybe he is gonna have more success at the Receiver position
damnit GOW, you took my idea.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
This is the first thing that came to mind.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Hi I'm Ryan your new cellmate"
- "Hi"
"I'll take the low bunk, if that's ok"
- "sure, why you here?"
"Drugs and burglary, you?"
- "murder two"
"wow... how did that happen"
- "I killed someone out of frustration after that Charger idiot Ryan Leaf screwed up again"
"oh... yeah funny story"
- "What?"
*guard walks in* LEAF WHY ARE YOU MAKING SMALL TALK?!
"sorry..."
- "YOU'RE RYAN LEAF?!"
"...yes :("

and whatever happens next, gentlemen, is all a blur. But do remember 'fist' can be a verb.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
"Don't talk to me alright! Knock it off!"

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
you know... for the longest time i thought this was after a year or 2, but this was after his 3rd game and 1st lost...guy was selfish and full of himself from the start...

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's still got some potential. Yeah he's had his share of issues but the guy had all the talent in the world and many thought he was better than Peyton Manning. Maybe he can get on the right track in prison.

Hopefully the Packers will take a look at him. I'm weary of Brohm and they could use some insurance if Rodgers goes down. A veteran presents like Leaf's could do the team some good. He's still only 33.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
I think he's still got some potential. Yeah he's had his share of issues but the guy had all the talent in the world and many thought he was better than Peyton Manning. Maybe he can get on the right track in prison.

Hopefully the Packers will take a look at him. I'm weary of Brohm and they could use some insurance if Rodgers goes down. A veteran presents like Leaf's could do the team some good. He's still only 33.
Errr...he is never stepping foot in the NFL again.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhhh...the ryan leaf days. Some of my fondest memories growing up.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Errr...he is never stepping foot in the NFL again.
Or is he.......?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Or is he.......?
No, he is not. He was a QB coach at West Texas A&M. That is a far cry from the NFL.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

I didn't think anyone would take my post seriously. But someone bit...;)

Old 05-23-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oxy Contin is a killer drug.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4250326

Quote:
Ryan Leaf is a wanted man in Texas -- and not on the football field.

A warrant was issued for Leaf's arrest on May 20 in Randall County after he failed to turn himself in on drug and burglary charges, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported. On the same day, a county grand jury issued nine charges against him in connection with hydrocodone, a prescription painkiller.

"At one point he said he was going to turn himself in. He hasn't turned himself in yet, and if he gets picked up he's going to be arrested," county prosecutor Lacy Miller said, according to the report. "If he gets picked up out of our jurisdiction, then we will extradite him or use whatever means we have to get him back. Right now he is a wanted individual."

Leaf, 33, had been undergoing drug treatment in British Columbia, Canada, according to the Randall County district attorney's office.

The indictment charged the former San Diego Chargers quarterback and former West Texas A&M quarterbacks coach with one count of burglary to a habitation, seven counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a simulated controlled substance.

The indictment alleged Leaf presented an incomplete medical history to several physicians between January 2008 and September 2008 to get or try to get hydrocodone.

Canyon (Texas) police Lt. Dale Davis said Leaf is suspected of breaking into an apartment in Canyon on Oct. 30 and stealing hydrocodone, which had been prescribed to an injured football player.

Leaf could not be reached for comment, and a message left for him at his parents' home was not returned, the Union-Tribune reported.

Leaf, the second overall pick in the 1998 NFL draft, played for the Chargers from 1998 to 2000 and also played for the Dallas Cowboys in 2001. He threw for 3,666 yards and 14 touchdowns in his career.
Continue the spiral downfall, Ryan.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote