Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 06-12-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Overall Improvement

very nice article that gives us all hope from espn
http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...vin_johns.html

Thinking about it we may have a very solid defense this year. Depending on Avril our pass rush could be scary with him and Julian Peterson. The only week spot is DT and CB where the issue is that we are thin but I feel as if Schwartz has always been thin at CB and has never had that shut down guy. DT will be interesting to watch with 3 guys all being big question marks.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did that article actually mention StorminNorman?

also: don't get your hopes up, just wait and see. That's my tactic.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
did that article actually mention StorminNorman?

also: don't get your hopes up, just wait and see. That's my tactic.
Just do what I do. Hope for the 10 win Kitna special but then ask your fiance to give you a BJ after every Lions loss. 0-16 wasn't that bad last year.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahah Stormin Normin nice!

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

going along with overall improvement, delmas has found the cure for cancer and probably has an innate immunity to rookie hazing.
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf..._that_lou.html

Quote:
Even the scouting department would love to say they knew Delmas was going to be this impressive this early, but they can't.

The reason? What nobody knew - or could know - before the draft is how good his football instincts really were and how they would translate so smoothly to the NFL level. They couldn't know how seamlessly he would fit the locker room chemistry and the energy he brings to the football field and the workout room every single day. They couldn't know how rapidly he would pick up the defense and understand the concepts of what they're doing and why. They couldn't know his true maturity level as a ballplayer until they spent days, not hours, around him.

Even several of the Lions veteran players, who normally have great disdain for rookies until they've actually proven something during the regular season, are greatly encouraged by what they've seen so far from Delmas. Again, the final analysis is yet to be written but the Lions' horrendous streak of second-round disasters may have come to a stunning halt.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Just do what I do. Hope for the 10 win Kitna special but then ask your fiance to give you a BJ after every Lions loss. 0-16 wasn't that bad last year.
haha... still I hope that wasn't the only occasion for BJ's... otherwise you need to become a baseball fan.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-15-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha... still I hope that wasn't the only occasion for BJ's... otherwise you need to become a baseball fan.
Haha no they are not a rare occasion still thank goodness. But these are no questions asked no effort of romance necessary lol. Haha Saints game I got it at half time lol. Titans game I probably would have too at half time, but can't be getting one with the family over eating Turkey lol. That would be one awkward Thanksgiving.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha no they are not a rare occasion still thank goodness. But these are no questions asked no effort of romance necessary lol. Haha Saints game I got it at half time lol. Titans game I probably would have too at half time, but can't be getting one with the family over eating Turkey lol. That would be one awkward Thanksgiving.
well, yes. that would definately take the attention away from the turkey.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-15-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad I'm not hearing idiots moaning about how we passed up pile jumper and Maualuga for this guy.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I'm glad I'm not hearing idiots moaning about how we passed up pile jumper and Maualuga for this guy.
who?

I liked the Delmas pick, although I would probably have preferred Butler there.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
who?

I liked the Delmas pick, although I would probably have preferred Butler there.
Laurinitis.

I'd much rather have Delmas, Foote, Levy instead of Rey or Nitis and no Delmas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Laurinitis.

I'd much rather have Delmas, Foote, Levy instead of Rey or Nitis and no Delmas.
Agreed. Delmas is going to be good and he's yet another solid tackler on the team. And then when I think about Dwight Smith/Pearson, I'm so happy we got Delmas. Bullocks and Alexander are both in the last year of their contracts. Good pick.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Agreed. Delmas is going to be good and he's yet another solid tackler on the team. And then when I think about Dwight Smith/Pearson, I'm so happy we got Delmas. Bullocks and Alexander are both in the last year of their contracts. Good pick.
one thing is for sure, we coulda picked a lot worse than Delmas. Bad picks would have included Rey and Laur-ican'tspellhisname-is.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit that I did want Maualuga and I still wish we picked him.. But I'm satisfied with the Delmas pick and hopefully he develops into something real good for us. I've heard nothing but good about him so far.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Delmas is in the mold of Bob Sanders
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
IMO Delmas is in the mold of Bob Sanders
completely agree
Old 06-18-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i used to like laurinaitis, until i realized that it was leonidas in 300.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoa ... let's do the wait and see on Delmas before we throw out Bob Sanders comparisons. The man has yet to even go through a training camp let alone a full pad NFL practice or game action. As most defensive coaches will say the more talent up front the more it helps cover guys and allows LB's to make plays. I am not happy with the DT position as we sit now. Hill is a project, Fluellen/Cohen play light at like 285-90 and Jackson/Darby are in their twilight (Jackson may not even play until week 5 if suspended for the substance abuse thing) so let's wait and see on the field not judge it on paper.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Whoa ... let's do the wait and see on Delmas before we throw out Bob Sanders comparisons. The man has yet to even go through a training camp let alone a full pad NFL practice or game action. As most defensive coaches will say the more talent up front the more it helps cover guys and allows LB's to make plays. I am not happy with the DT position as we sit now. Hill is a project, Fluellen/Cohen play light at like 285-90 and Jackson/Darby are in their twilight (Jackson may not even play until week 5 if suspended for the substance abuse thing) so let's wait and see on the field not judge it on paper.
I like Delmas's potential but right now that is all it is, 'potential', he hasn't done a thing yet to suggest he can even be a starter in the NFL nevermind a Sanders copycat.
Your right about the DT position and the DE position isn't far behind. We gave up the second most yardage in NFL history last year and even if we are improved which has yet to be demonmstrated, I'm betting we will still be the worst defensive team in the NFL just maybe not the second worst in history.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

The biggest improvement has been in coaching.

We underperformed in almost every position BECAUSE of the scheme - not the players.

This offensive line lends itself more to a man-on-man scheme, not a speed reliant zone. The defense didn't have the tools to run a Tampa 2, so having a mind who doesn't fear using different schemes to utilize our talent.

Combine that with a team that has received a great amount of talent and we will be fine.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StorminNorman View Post
The biggest improvement has been in coaching.

We underperformed in almost every position BECAUSE of the scheme - not the players.

This offensive line lends itself more to a man-on-man scheme, not a speed reliant zone. The defense didn't have the tools to run a Tampa 2, so having a mind who doesn't fear using different schemes to utilize our talent.

Combine that with a team that has received a great amount of talent and we will be fine.
Dude. Seriously .... I do not know where to begin to put you in your place on this point but for other readers time I'll keep it short.

+We had not 1 pro bowler at any position (maybe kicker!).
+We went 0-16 with statistically the 2nd worst defense in NFL history.
+This years D will potentially have 8 new starters via trade, free agency or draft and you think last years under performance was all scheme based NOT talent based?!?!

Whoa, the Honolulu blue kool aid is flowing early!
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Dude. Seriously .... I do not know where to begin to put you in your place on this point but for other readers time I'll keep it short.

+We had not 1 pro bowler at any position (maybe kicker!).
+We went 0-16 with statistically the 2nd worst defense in NFL history.
+This years D will potentially have 8 new starters via trade, free agency or draft and you think last years under performance was all scheme based NOT talent based?!?!

Whoa, the Honolulu blue kool aid is flowing early!
To be fair, Pro Bowls are stupid, and CJ probably should have made the Pro Bowl anyway. But the fact remains, this team was entirely devoid of talent. I think before free agency started I figured something like 16-17 starting/major positions (ie. nickle corner, 3rd WR) could use a major upgrade.

The Lions had a ton of good/serviceable backups. Unfortunately, they were all starting for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Talent Leftovers: Sims,Gosder,DeWayne White,Avril,Kevin Smith,Calvin all have talent to be good starters in this league. White is the only questionable due to his injury bug.

Believe it when I see it group: is Fluellen,Bullocks,Alexander,Daunte revived

Potential Impact Rookies: Stafford,Pettigrew,Delmas

Probable Impact Free Agents: Foote,Peterson

I'll believe it when I see it Free Agents/stop gaps: Buchanon(as a number 1 corner),Henry,King,Grady Jackson,Ronald Curry,Terrelle Smith,Peterman,Loper

Solid Compliments: Maurice Morris, Bryant Johnson

Better than you think 100 start club: Backus,Raiola. They take the heat but Schwartz/Linehan liked them. Backus wasn't as bad as people make out last year and Raiola needs to play better 2008 was his worst outing.

13 people that I could count on plus the 2 compliments. Half of the believe it when I see it work out, the team is at least resptable again. Talking 5 or 6 wins. All the believe it when I see its fail, most are stop gaps anyway.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Calvin is more than a good starter in this league, much more.

Other that that you're absolutely right.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Talent Leftovers: Sims,Gosder,DeWayne White,Avril,Kevin Smith,Calvin all have talent to be good starters in this league. White is the only questionable due to his injury bug.

Believe it when I see it group: is Fluellen,Bullocks,Alexander,Daunte revived

Potential Impact Rookies: Stafford,Pettigrew,Delmas

Probable Impact Free Agents: Foote,Peterson

I'll believe it when I see it Free Agents/stop gaps: Buchanon(as a number 1 corner),Henry,King,Grady Jackson,Ronald Curry,Terrelle Smith,Peterman,Loper

Solid Compliments: Maurice Morris, Bryant Johnson

Better than you think 100 start club: Backus,Raiola. They take the heat but Schwartz/Linehan liked them. Backus wasn't as bad as people make out last year and Raiola needs to play better 2008 was his worst outing.

13 people that I could count on plus the 2 compliments. Half of the believe it when I see it work out, the team is at least resptable again. Talking 5 or 6 wins. All the believe it when I see its fail, most are stop gaps anyway.
I give Sims one more year. After that, talent doesn't trump running around like you've got your head up your ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote