Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hes just being a troll, as usual. Of course there is a difference between the types of beer you drink. You cant honestly sit here and tell me a bottle of Carling tastes the same as a bottle of Canadian. It just doesnt work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Beers mostly taste about the same. Of course there are differences in types of beers such as Stout vs Pale, but differences in brands are exaggerated by people who like to act as if they are beer connoisseurs. It's trendy and hip to pick some local, non-mainstram brand and act as if it's the best beer.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Beers mostly taste about the same. Of course there are differences in types of beers such as Stout vs Pale, but differences in brands are exaggerated by people who like to act as if they are beer connoisseurs. It's trendy and hip to pick some local, non-mainstram brand and act as if it's the best beer.
put your money where your mouth is.

literally.

there's two scenarios. either one, you're taste-bud-blind. or two. you're ignorant.

so. to prove the opposite to you. go buy a six pack of miller light and a six pack of anchor steam (should be find-able...)

drink them. one miller light, one anchor steam. tell me that the difference in taste isn't clear.

it's like saying 'red wine is red wine'. which in fact, it clearly isn't... they use: different grapes, which grow in different areas, which ripen to a certain amount specific to its region, they're fermented differently, and processed differently.

it's the exact same with beer, they use: different cuts of grains, different hops (which are the soul of the beer, and large breweries can't afford to properly hop their lagers), which grown in different locations, and have different varieties, and yeast factors and specific gravities...

it's not the same.

if we talk just about pale lagers, i'd venture to say compare some regular budwiser to something like a bitburger... the difference is dramatic... and i mean it as in the difference between a mcdonalds hamburger and a juicy big one from right off the home grill...

that's the difference between being a consumer and a connoisseur... it's not a 'hip' thing. it's a taste thing. for more taste. drink real bear.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just went to The Beer Store and bought a nice case of Moosehead, since it was one sale. Let me assure you, it is delicious. Great beer.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Under a month and a half till my 19th birthday and a month after that till we can go get drunk at school APS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Chris, I live in Ottawa permanently now. You should be getting drunk at my apartment on this fantastic Canadian beer as we speak! I live like a 10 minute walk from the market...once you turn 19 we will hit bars for sure.
Quote:
Old 06-17-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
it's like saying 'red wine is red wine'. which in fact, it clearly isn't... they use: different grapes, which grow in different areas, which ripen to a certain amount specific to its region, they're fermented differently, and processed differently.
Something tells me this went over his head.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what was your favourite beer in europe? what was your favourite German Beer?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
My favorite Euro beer has to be Duvell got damn that is a great beer. German beer ... ummm I don't think Ive ever tried a German beer. Most of my Euro imports come from Belgium or the United Kingdom.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.beer-club.info/modules/Ca...1.jpg&ac=23420

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
actually never seen that one

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My favorite beer in all of Europe was some local brew I had in Paris. No idea what it was called... Or a beer I had in Rome at a pub called Brasserie 4:20 ( http://stonch.blogspot.com/2007/03/b...serie-420.html ). They had this beer called a white dog bitter stout I loved.

They also had a German beer called Riegele Augustus I really enjoyed.

I think my favorite German beer would have to be the lowenbrau or Spatan that came out of the wooden kegs at Oktoberfest in Munich. I think the experience had as much to do with the enjoyment at the beer itself.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 06-17-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Dude, it got ripped apart on beer advocate.
**** Beer Advocates. As you can see on page 1, anything Canadian is considered to be pisswater to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score
Whoa. Easy there. Blue is the ****.
That it is, but I only say that because blue runs like tap water where I'm from

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score
I just went to The Beer Store and bought a nice case of Moosehead, since it was one sale. Let me assure you, it is delicious. Great beer.
Beer Store = ripoff. But it's among my favourite establishments

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Chris, I live in Ottawa permanently now. You should be getting drunk at my apartment on this fantastic Canadian beer as we speak! I live like a 10 minute walk from the market...once you turn 19 we will hit bars for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
**** Beer Advocates. As you can see on page 1, anything Canadian is considered to be pisswater to them

I am conflicted on if I should simply state "because it is" or if I should sight the fact that they seemed to love Steamwistle.

That it is, but I only say that because blue runs like tap water where I'm from

Well blue is close enough to tap water :D .

Beer Store = ripoff. But it's among my favourite establishments
BUAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
BUAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I think it' about time for a trip to Ottawa

Old 06-17-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

yeah, Gonzo is back until the end of the summer too Chris...we will have to get him out as well...

And Fisch, you can come too!
Quote:
Old 06-18-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like beer
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Meh, I find beer advocates to usually give me a really good bearing on beers. I 'll take your word over there's in this case though. ;)

they get smoked.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate reading beer reviews before I try the beer. It just doesnt seem the same going into it with a preconception of what it 'should' taste like.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
IMO Moosehead is the only thing that made it close, PA wins, but I still think Canadian beer is good, especially Moosehead.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote