Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sent mah applicacion!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loads of applicants this year, can't wait to see who got in, it's going to be competitive!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be fun! Last call for applicants. I will be deciding later tonight.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to find some time to check in and see tomorrow then!

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have picked the 20. It was difficult, and I waffled a few times before selecting, so I apologize for jamming anyone. It should be a fun and interesting league. Those of you still not chosen may get the chance to be in though!

Without further ado, here is the 20!

1. Defending Champion: Damix

2. Defending Commish: JBond93

3. Defending BJ Mullens Giver: Paul

4. Defending Colluding to Lose: LonghornsLegend

5. Defending Day Walker: A Perfect Score

6. Defending Wide Right: SuperMcGee

7. Defending L33t Speak: j05son

8. Defending Initials Sucking As a Username: sbh15

9. Defending the Booty: The Dynasty

10. Defending Zombie: Rob S

11. Defending Ginger: vikes_29

12. Defending the Queen: UKFan

13. Defending Homer: Scottyboy

14. Defending Tattoos: The_Dude

15. Defending Ball Tickling: Bantx

16. Defending Old Men: CJSchneider

17. Defending Ass Slapping: thebow305

18. Defending GermAsia: Gay Ork Wang

19. Defending Mike Martz: Yodachu

20. Defending Head Stomping: TitanHope

In a few weeks, I will post the draft order here so you can start to prepare for your draft spot, etc. Check your PMs to join the league.

If you have to drop out (i.e. not make the draft, etc,) please inform me ASAP by NFLDC PM. I’d thoroughly appreciate it.

If you want a co-GM, you can have one. They just must be from NFLDC.

Draft

The draft will be on Friday, August 14th at 10:00 PM EST. You MUST be on IRC or AIM (my SN: TheP1414) 45 minutes before the draft and check in with me. THIS IS A SPECIFIC TIME. If you get here 44 minutes before the draft, you may be replaced. So get here an hour before to be sure! (If you want the reason for this, it is because teams cannot be replaced 30 minutes before the draft. So, we only have from 9:15-9:30 to replace people).

IF YOU DO NOT, you will be replaced on the spot. This league is built so ALL 20 members will be here on time. Also, PLEASE test your browser with Yahoo’s draft room before the draft. It is a ***** to load.
If you have questions, LET ME KNOW. The scoring is in this thread, and on the league.

Reserves

The reserves will have three different opportunities to join this league:

1. If someone takes you on as a Co-GM
2. If someone drops out
3. If YOU are here 45 minutes, contact me via AIM or IRC, and one of the teams is not around, you will join IMMEDIATELY.

Reserves (in order):
1. HChu
2. RoyHall#1
3. General Zod
4. CTBroncoFan
5. D34ng
6. KCJ58
7. Hurricanes25
8. MaxV
9. Yo123
10. ChezPower4
11. Anyone else who wants in

If you are here 45 minutes before the draft, you jump to the top of this list.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Also wanted to add how I decided on the teams.

I first went through the applications and determined who I felt really wanted to be in this and who didn't put any time into it.

Second, I wanted diversity. Not just Mods/TLs, not just IRC guys, not just "well-known" commodities, but guys who know football, fantasy football, and will be active.

To break some ties, I went into this years and last years Fantasy Advice thread, clicked on a few random pages to see who typed a lot and contributed to the thread (so I knew they knew their stuff (or at least thought they did) and would stay around.)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

16. Defending Old Men: CJSchneider

My team is appropriately named "CJ's senior citizens"

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Excellent!

Whoever is Urban Achievers, you have to change your name. I have no clue who you are by looking at that.

Remember, names must reflect/allude to your NFLDC name in some way.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nevermind I got it
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yes, just go to the league page, click on my team, then click on "Edit Team Settings"

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Skol Dynasty : Skol Vikings ( The Vikings fight song) and my name.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Last edited by The Dynasty : 06-28-2009 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Misspelled Skol.
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
The Skol Dynasty : Skoal Vikings ( The Vikings fight song) and my name.
Excellent! Already 7 people are in the league. I am feeling good about this group.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Second to last=lame.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Second to last=lame.
Sorry my man. But if you are here 45 minutes before the draft, you have a good shot at a spot.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All signed up and ready to "achieve"!!!!

The_Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Excellent!

Whoever is Urban Achievers, you have to change your name. I have no clue who you are by looking at that.

Sorry The Dude :D

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Excellent!

Really??? If "Shaken Not Stirred" works for JBOND, i would think that the Urban Achievers should work for The_Dude! :D

...and i can't believe that anyone knew about/remembered the tattoos that i am defending
Old 06-28-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Really??? If "Shaken Not Stirred" works for JBOND, i would think that the Urban Achievers should work for The_Dude! :D

...and i can't believe that anyone knew about/remembered the tattoos that i am defending
I guess I can let it slide, though I've never seen the movie, and I guarantee during the draft 50 people will ask who "Urban Achievers" is.

And I remember all. I run the internet.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I run the internet.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I guess I can let it slide, though I've never seen the movie, and I guarantee during the draft 50 people will ask who "Urban Achievers" is.

And I remember all. I run the internet.
No problem.

If it is a problem, i will change it, but i imagine that almost everyone in this league (with the exception of you ;)) has seen the movie.

I thought that it was only a 20 team league?

p.s. The hot air coming out of Al Gore's mouth is the #1 cause of global warming
Old 06-28-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations to everyone who was picked. =)

If someone does end up dropping out for whatever reason Jbond, I would be happy to fill the void.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
No problem.

If it is a problem, i will change it, but i imagine that almost everyone in this league (with the exception of you ;)) has seen the movie.

I thought that it was only a 20 team league?
I'm betting that even if they have, they won't know you well enough to make the connection. Just a suggestion, as it is incredibly annoying throughout the year to not know who everyone is, especially with 20 teams.

It is only 20 teams.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

I know that it is only 20 teams... poor attempt at sarcasm :(
Old 06-28-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bantextual to victory

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopeful Titans here. Lookin' to score multiple scorgasms.

The_Dude can just put "The_Dude" in his smack talk. That way if someone doesn't make the connection, they can just check his roster. Plus, if someone is matched up with him, they can look at their game under Match Ups and his name will be listed under his smack talk there too.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote