Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Poor Packers fans? Why would we care what he does? I'd much rather have Rodgers at this point in Favre's career and honestly I think Favre will be more of a hindrance to the Vikings than help. They're still going to be the same team that runs the ball and stops the run. They still have a weak pass defense and now they added a QB that threw more INTs last year than the all the Vikings QBs. In fact that would be the last 2 years that he's done that. The only thing thats going to suck is the overblown overhyped coverage that ESPN is going to spit out twice a year.
Well at this point in time, on paper that is, Favre is a better option than Sage Rosenfels, Tarvaris Jackson, and Gus Frerotte. And Favre will be in a system that he is actually comfortable with.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a football player which I hate the most. Talk about Tiki Barber going hollywood, damn, Brett's success really has gone to his head. He must have really been offended when the Packers wanted to go in another direction.

" You can't let me go! Do you know who I am? I am Brett Farve! I am a legend! I retire on my own terms!"
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely feel how Shockey above me does. I can't stand the guy. Vikings are seriously testing my loyalty.

If Favre doesn't win a superbowl this was an awful signing. That is all that can redeem this, we just signed the biggest dickhead in NFL history...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Well at this point in time, on paper that is, Favre is a better option than Sage Rosenfels, Tarvaris Jackson, and Gus Frerotte. And Favre will be in a system that he is actually comfortable with.
I agree Favre is the best option for them but I don't think he's going to be the difference maker for them. The Jets ran a very simular offense to the Packers last year as well.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
we just signed the biggest dickhead in NFL history...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqe2GSKpzro
Yeah, there aren't any bigger than that.

You can call Brett Favre a prima donna, diva, or whatever but he really dosen't come off as much of a dickhead.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I agree Favre is the best option for them but I don't think he's going to be the difference maker for them. The Jets ran a very simular offense to the Packers last year as well.
yeh but that system didnt have AD in it :D
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

uuugggghhh

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
yeh, but this new system he'll be playing in has a bald idiot running it. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, what's with all the hate? I naturally hate Brett Favre, but damn, some people seem to be out to get him for really no reason. So what if he comes out of retirement time and time again. Is it a dickhead move? Probably, but why not play if you can still play better than a lot of your counterparts.

Also, if it wasn't for Favre, this offseason would have been boring as hell because there is nothing to talk about.

Everyone in football should love this even if you are for or against him. To me, he is the guy you love to hate, I want the Bears to beat up on him for as long as possible. And if you like him, well, you should love watching him play.

I don't get why Viking fans hate this so much. I'll take a 40 year old Favre with a healthy shoulder over Tavaris Jackson, Sage Rosenfels, Gus Frerrotte, or JDB any day of the week. Plus, considering they'll be playing in the dome for half of his games and perhaps the playoffs, Favre should be able to handle it easily, as it seems like the cold weather really affects him at this point in his career.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre's final season ... for the third time. Great.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. The retirement/unretirement thing has been driving me nuts for the last few years.

The hate from the Vikings fans confuses me. He gives us the best option at QB to win now... hands down.

The hate from the Packers fans is amusing as hell. I just received a scathing email from one of my co-workers about Favre being a "traitor". i had to remind him that last year at this time he was referring to him as "Lord Favre"... talk about fair weather fandom (if that's a word). ;)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
No but its not like Thomas Jones was some sloutch last year either.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
yeh, but this new system he'll be playing in has a bald idiot running it. :)
as oppose to the fat idiot who was in NY lol
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate this guy.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am very happy about this signing. News of Packers fans offing themselves is sure to follow soon.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre is a waste of time. I can't wait until he retires for real and we never have to hear his name again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
I am very happy about this signing. News of Packers fans offing themselves is sure to follow soon.
Dude the Packers are going to embarrass favre and the Vikings on MNF. And I bought tickets to see it happen. :)

they get smoked.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I chose those tickets from my father-in-law's season tickets months ago.

We sit in section 132, row 5... right behind the visitor's bench. It will be great fun to be surrounded by booing Packers fans.

That game is going to RULE!!!!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude the Packers are going to embarrass favre and the Vikings on MNF. And I bought tickets to see it happen. :)
I still wouldn't bet against Brett on Monday, will be intense though.

Through all this I still have to wonder what the hell the Pack owed Aaron Rodgers and why they wouldn't beg and plead Favre to play for them forever. He is a once in a lifetime player and I still contend they pushed him out the door the first time he officially "retired".
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor rosen-copter
Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqe2GSKpzro
Yeah, there aren't any bigger than that.

You can call Brett Favre a prima donna, diva, or whatever but he really dosen't come off as much of a dickhead.
Narcissist is the word that fits best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Through all this I still have to wonder what the hell the Pack owed Aaron Rodgers and why they wouldn't beg and plead Favre to play for them forever. He is a once in a lifetime player and I still contend they pushed him out the door the first time he officially "retired".
It looks like the right move was made in retrospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Narcissist is the word that fits best.
Better than the word that fits the Lions QB position over the past decade... Failure. :)

they get smoked.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It looks like the right move was made in retrospect.

Better than the word that fits the Lions QB position over the past decade... Failure. :)
JOHN KITNA WASN'T A FAILURE!!! He was healed by jeasus!!!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You wish you had Stoney Case.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You must not watch a whole lot of football, kid. Anyone that thinks that the Vikings were better off with anyone else on the roster playing quarterback should really check themselves. It's one thing to hate on the guy (and believe me, i despise Favre), but he can still play at a somewhat decent level. Sure as hell a lot better than anything the Vikes could throw out there. I'm really seeing big things for Minnesota should Favre stay healthy, and this really is their last shot because the team is getting old really fast.
Even though Tarvaris had a significantly better TD/INT ratio last year, Favre is still better? Even though T-Jack brings an aspect to his game (scrambling ability) to his game that Favre doesn't, Favre is still better? Even though Favre has had a recent surgery on his elbow and hasn't practiced with a team yet during this off-season, he's still better than T-Jack?

But my main worry as a Viking fan would be this: How does having Favre as your quarterback affect the amount of carries Peterson gets? Everyone knows that Favre loves to throw the football, and I have a feeling that the Vikings would decrease the carries they give to Peterson so Favre has a shot at reaching 22 interceptions this coming year again.