Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-08-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Reuben Droughns to GB?

As you know the Packers need a vet RB and news is Reuben Droughns is getting cut by the Browns. The Packers are rumored to be interested.

Source: KFFL

Browns | Droughns to be released
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:15:25 -0800

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports Cleveland Browns RB Reuben Droughns will be released.

Packers | Interest in Droughns?
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:26:22 -0800

Adam Schefter, of NFL Network, reports if the Cleveland Browns release RB Reuben Droughns, the Green Bay Packers could make a push to sign him.

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would really solve nothing. They would still need to draft a runningback high and honestly I think it's arguable that Morency is better, albeit unproven.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That would really solve nothing. They would still need to draft a runningback high and honestly I think it's arguable that Morency is better, albeit unproven.
I'd agree, Droughns is nothing special in my eyes. One year wonder.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a big fan of Droughnes but it might not be such a bad move.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's ok. I liked watching him in Cleveland cause he runs hard. That being said, if the Browns are cutting him, that doesn't speak that well for his prospects in the league. Nobody wants Cleveland Browns castoffs. I give you Ben Taylor as an example.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

what has he really done? He doesn't have any ZBS experience (I don't think), not to mention he has some character issues and injury history. This must be a false report because this seems like the type of player that TT doesn't want. Maybe they're just THAT desperate?

Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
what has he really done? He doesn't have any ZBS experience (I don't think)
Umm....Denver?

Old 03-08-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Droughns as a #3 and a short yardage back but definitely not as our #1. Lynch is still the way to go for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
I wouldn't mind Droughns as a #3 and a short yardage back but definitely not as our #1. Lynch is still the way to go for me.
#3 runningbacks have to play special teams or they don't make the gameday roster.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Umm....Denver?
jeez I cant believe I don't remember him playing there...it was 3/4 years ago however. Still, I'd rather look elsewhere if I was TT.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like them to take a look at him due to his expirance in Denver. Hey why not? It's not like the Packers backfeild can get much worse. damn.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'd like them to take a look at him due to his expirance in Denver. Hey why not? It's not like the Packers backfeild can get much worse. damn.
he's mediocre. I'm not saying he wouldn't be an upgrade, but it's likely he'd want big bucks. If TT could get him for cheap, then they really have nothing to lose. 1 year/2 mil would be perfect IMO.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droughns is a better power runner than Morency, plus if we dont get Griffith he could play FB.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
I'd agree, Droughns is nothing special in my eyes. One year wonder.
2 year wonder to be exact. He would have had another 1000 yard season this year if he played every game and our OL sucks.

That being said, I wouldnt want him. maybe at FB?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First Droughns needs to actually be released, in the meantime Cleveland is trying to trade him if someone is stupid enough to bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have little to no interest in bringing him in.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I have little to no interest in bringing him in.
as do I, just speculating......

Old 03-08-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

No need for any of the RB's in free agency, i believe packers best bets are Lynch(1), Hunt(2 or 3),Pittman(3), or Bradshaw(3-4). the() is the round projected
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldnt mind bringing him in for 1 year.

Droughns/Morency for 1 year, then adress the RB situation after we see the results?
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
I wouldnt mind bringing him in for 1 year.

Droughns/Morency for 1 year, then adress the RB situation after we see the results?
even if we pick up Droughns (I hope not), I guarantee we pick a running back in the Draft this year.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droughns would be a good compliment to morency and he wouldn't cost much. I'd like the signing if it was short term but I think it would solidify that we don't draft RB in the draft at all.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

G GS Att Yds
2004 Denver Broncos 16 15 275 1240
2005 Cleveland Browns 16 16 309 1232
2006 Cleveland Browns 14 12 220 758

he had two 1200 yard seasnons and i think he could do that in our Z blocking scheme him and morency would be OK not great but OK.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This wouldnt have even been an issue if we had kept Najeh Davenport. I liked him a lot and I would rather have had him starting over morency and droughns. Cutting him last year was a mistake.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ds8582
Rookie

ds8582 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
This wouldnt have even been an issue if we had kept Najeh Davenport. I liked him a lot and I would rather have had him starting over morency and droughns. Cutting him last year was a mistake.
Najeh was hurt all the time and was never even the starter.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although he battled injuries he would be a good back to bring in b/c he's had success in the ZBS :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote