Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
BoS: A Florida player other than Tim Tebow will top 800 yards rushing.
Buy: Jeff Demps baby!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
Sell. Lost too many key players on Offense and their best pass rusher.

B/S.....Ray Ray Armstrong follows Sean Spence as Freshman DROY in the ACC.

I'll buy that...anybody named ray ray for the canes has got to be a bad motha.

b/s dez bryant leads ncaa in recieving yards
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
I'll buy that...anybody named ray ray for the canes has got to be a bad motha.

b/s dez bryant leads ncaa in recieving yards
Sell. Someone from a non-BCS school will do so.

B/S 11+ sacks for Brandon Graham.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Sell. Someone from a non-BCS school will do so.

B/S 11+ sacks for Brandon Graham.
I'll buy that.

B/S Tennessee beating one of Georgia/Ole Miss/Alabama/Florida.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'll buy that.

B/S Tennessee beating one of Georgia/Ole Miss/Alabama/Florida.
Buy. I think they upset Georgia at home.

B/S Under 55 points for Florida against Tennessee.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Buy. I think they upset Georgia at home.

B/S Under 55 points for Florida against Tennessee.
Homerism aside, I'll buy that.

Buy or sell Matt Barkley starting for the Trojans as a true frosh.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Homerism aside, I'll buy that.

Buy or sell Matt Barkley starting for the Trojans as a true frosh.
Sell. Corp leads them to a 12-1/11-2 type of season.

B/S Rojo (:() leads USC in receiving yards.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
B/S Rojo (:() leads USC in receiving yards.
I'm going to sell. It wouldn't surprise me at all but I still give the edge to Damian Williams.

B/S - Case Keenum throws for 5300 and 50 TD's.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I'm going to sell. It wouldn't surprise me at all but I still give the edge to Damian Williams.

B/S - Case Keenum throws for 5300 and 50 TD's.
Sell. Just short.

B/S 3+ picks for Donovan Warren.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sell. Lost too many key players on Offense and their best pass rusher.

B/S.....Ray Ray Armstrong follows Sean Spence as Freshman DROY in the ACC.
Sell. He's no guarantee to get significant playing time (enough to win that award). At this time last year we already knew Spence would be starting for us at LB. I think Phillips will keep Armstrong off the field and Telemaque is a stud. I'll give the edge to Jacobbi McDaniel or 'Maque himself for this award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I'll buy that. I think their speed will outmatch those old U teams and the all time teams.

B/S: Daryll Clark is the best QB noone is talking about?
Sell. Daryll is the worst QB everyone is talking about. Have you never seen an ESPN or ABC college football telecast? All they ever do is rave about Clark and the Spread HD.

I actually like Daryll Clark but people are definitely talking about him. The best QB that literally NO ONE (other than WVU homers) is talking about is Jarrett Brown.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Sell. Daryll is the worst QB everyone is talking about. Have you never seen an ESPN or ABC college football telecast? All they ever do is rave about Clark and the Spread HD.

I actually like Daryll Clark but people are definitely talking about him. The best QB that literally NO ONE (other than WVU homers) is talking about is Jarrett Brown.
Maybe no one is talking about Jarrett Brown is because he hasnt done anything. Daryll Clark led a team to a an 11-2 record and a Rose Bowl.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:42 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Sell. Just short.

B/S 3+ picks for Donovan Warren.
Buy

Jake Locker passes for 2500+ yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughGame View Post
Buy

Jake Locker passes for 2500+ yards.
buy.

Jake Locker throws a greater than 1.5:1 TD:INT Ratio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

buy, just though im saying 14-9
Jimmy Clausen throwing for 25+ tds

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
buy, just though im saying 14-9
Jimmy Clausen throwing for 25+ tds
Buy, I'm thinking 27 TD's 12 INT's.

Chris Polk runs for 800+ yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Sell. He's no guarantee to get significant playing time (enough to win that award). At this time last year we already knew Spence would be starting for us at LB. I think Phillips will keep Armstrong off the field and Telemaque is a stud. I'll give the edge to Jacobbi McDaniel or 'Maque himself for this award.
Sean Spence was behind Sharpton and McCarthy last year. Only reason he was able to start was because of McCarthy's injury in the UNC game. Spence was used in certain packages before then.

Ray Ray is literally in the exact same situation as Spence at this point last year. Just a different position.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Maybe no one is talking about Jarrett Brown is because he hasnt done anything. Daryll Clark led a team to a an 11-2 record and a Rose Bowl.
Exactly why he's not the best QB no one talks about.

Your logic is flawed though. Wins do not equal good QB play.

Quote:
Sean Spence was behind Sharpton and McCarthy last year. Only reason he was able to start was because of McCarthy's injury in the UNC game. Spence was used in certain packages before then.

Ray Ray is literally in the exact same situation as Spence at this point last year. Just a different position.
Spence was 1st team in the spring while McCarthy was out. Armstrong isn't even here for the spring, and the guys who he's likely behind are not injured.

I don't see how that's "the exact same situation".

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

What about a 3.17:1 TD:INT ratio?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

Spence was 1st team in the spring while McCarthy was out. Armstrong isn't even here for the spring, and the guys who he's likely behind are not injured.

I don't see how that's "the exact same situation".
Armstrong has been here for the spring. He might not officially be allowed per NCAA rules but he has been in Miami and meeting with the time for awhile.

And if you wanna get technical, Ray Ray is in a better situation. McCarthy is a hell of a LB that everyone knew was gonna be the starter for the season and would have been had he not gotten injured. Randy Phillips is serviceable and only has the job based on seniority, not talent. People expect Randy Phillips to be replaced at some point.

No one though Sean Spence was gonna get a chance to replace Colin McCarthy at this time last year.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Armstrong has been here for the spring. He might not officially be allowed per NCAA rules but he has been in Miami and meeting with the time for awhile.

And if you wanna get technical, Ray Ray is in a better situation. McCarthy is a hell of a LB that everyone knew was gonna be the starter for the season and would have been had he not gotten injured. Randy Phillips is serviceable and only has the job based on seniority, not talent. People expect Randy Phillips to be replaced at some point.

No one though Sean Spence was gonna get a chance to replace Colin McCarthy at this time last year.
I don't see how Armstrong is in a better situation. Spence came in early and learned the defense. His competition at OLB was McCarthy and Sharpton. I'm pretty sure he would've started even if McCarthy was healthy all year.

Phillips opened the season as a starter for us the past 2 years. He doesn't just have the job because he's a Senior...he leads the DBs in weight room numbers, he knows the defense and the coaches always praise him as someone who's a leader. Armstrong will be able to contribute but I don't think he'll get to start barring injury. I expect solid play from Phillips and Maque and neither will get pulled unless otherwise.

Spence was 1st team at this time last year. Everyone was talking about how advanced he was for a Fr. I knew he was gonna start.

Sniper: A TD-INT ratio like that usually means good QB play. That has nothing to do with the irrelevant, illogical and tiresome argument of a QB's W-L record and how far they "lead" their team. Like Matt Leinart and Vince Young led USC and Texas to the NC while Jay Cutler didn't even make a bowl (I think). Or how about Drew Brees nearly breaking the yardage record this year for the NFC South bottom dwelling Saints.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see how Armstrong is in a better situation. Spence came in early and learned the defense. His competition at OLB was McCarthy and Sharpton. I'm pretty sure he would've started even if McCarthy was healthy all year.

Phillips opened the season as a starter for us the past 2 years. He doesn't just have the job because he's a Senior...he leads the DBs in weight room numbers, he knows the defense and the coaches always praise him as someone who's a leader. Armstrong will be able to contribute but I don't think he'll get to start barring injury. I expect solid play from Phillips and Maque and neither will get pulled unless otherwise.

Spence was 1st team at this time last year. Everyone was talking about how advanced he was for a Fr. I knew he was gonna start.

Sniper: A TD-INT ratio like that usually means good QB play. That has nothing to do with the irrelevant, illogical and tiresome argument of a QB's W-L record and how far they "lead" their team. Like Matt Leinart and Vince Young led USC and Texas to the NC while Jay Cutler didn't even make a bowl (I think). Or how about Drew Brees nearly breaking the yardage record this year for the NFC South bottom dwelling Saints.
Spence's competition last year was McCarthy. Spence wasn't gonna get moved to the other side to battle Sharpton and he wasn't passing McCarthy if not for the injury. Plus remember, Arthur got rave review in the spring as well.

Phillips does have the job because he's a SR.

Phillips would not have started for us last year. 1st of all, he was suspended the 1st game and then came back againt UF still didn't start. He played 2nd team against UF. JoJo and Reddick where the starters. After that he got hurt. He probably would have started couple games just because JoJo was so bad but he was not the clear cut starter you are making him out to be. He was severly outplayed in fall practice by JoJo. Have you forgotten how much hype was around JoJo coming into last year?

So what is in Ray Ray's way is a 6th year SR who is coming off a year long injury, struggles with coverages as evidenced by his move from CB and has yet to really play any meaningful time at S for us. And then Vaughn Telemaque who we all expect to be a stud, but he has yet to take a college snap. JoJo had the same hype of Maque going into last year.

Your telling me you don't see meaningful time in that rotation for a physical freak like Ray Ray with the potential to overtake one of those guys if things do go as planned?

And considering Randy Phillips history with the team, sucking at CB, being suspended, injuries. You don't think something will happen to give Ray Ray a shot?

Randy Phillips is the defense version of JJ. He's just not reliable. (and less talented)
Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Spence's competition last year was McCarthy. Spence wasn't gonna get moved to the other side to battle Sharpton and he wasn't passing McCarthy if not for the injury. Plus remember, Arthur got rave review in the spring as well.

Phillips does have the job because he's a SR.

Phillips would not have started for us last year. 1st of all, he was suspended the 1st game and then came back againt UF still didn't start. He played 2nd team against UF. JoJo and Reddick where the starters. After that he got hurt. He probably would have started couple games just because JoJo was so bad but he was not the clear cut starter you are making him out to be. He was severly outplayed in fall practice by JoJo. Have you forgotten how much hype was around JoJo coming into last year?

So what is in Ray Ray's way is a 6th year SR who is coming off a year long injury, struggles with coverages as evidenced by his move from CB and has yet to really play any meaningful time at S for us. And then Vaughn Telemaque who we all expect to be a stud, but he has yet to take a college snap. JoJo had the same hype of Maque going into last year.

Your telling me you don't see meaningful time in that rotation for a physical freak like Ray Ray with the potential to overtake one of those guys if things do go as planned?

And considering Randy Phillips history with the team, sucking at CB, being suspended, injuries. You don't think something will happen to give Ray Ray a shot?

Randy Phillips is the defense version of JJ. He's just not reliable. (and less talented)
Spence wouldn't have been moved to the other side. McCarthy would and Sharpton would find his *** on the bench. I don't remember Arthur getting rave reviews at all. All I remember was the talk of how he wasn't ready for the next step and lacked the fundamentals from playing weaker competition. You even said it yourself multiple times.

Who else is supposed to be starting over Phillips now? Plus if we didn't want him we would've told him not to come back like Reddick.

My bad on this. I forgot JoJo starting, and the hype train.

What is in Ray Ray's way is safety who has a good chance of being a reliable player that does well in coverage. The staff is counting on Phillips this year to be a leader and a veteran presence and I think he'll step up to the plate. His coverage struggles stemmed from his inability to play press man from the CB position....something he's never gonna have to do again.

I see potential for Ray Ray to get playing time, but I don't think he will overtake anyone for a starting job unless an injury happens or he really shows top instincts and intangibles. The physical ability isn't what matters...Spence was able to start and play well because he's a smart player. Marcus Robinson and Forston were both inconsistent and out of position at times. That's the difference between starter and contributor as a true freshman.

sig by BoneKrusher