Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-13-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Wine Thread

I see all the beer and drinking threads. I want to start the wine thread. I love wines. I drink wine every other day. Cheap or top shelf it doesnt matter to me. Over the course of my enxt posts i will detail to you my favorites and when I like to drink them and with what.

Anyone people winos like myself? Red or white? Burgandy ? Chianti? Pinot Grigio? What do you like!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti
:o :o :o :o Such a great line. I used to buy gallons of Carlo Rossi in college. 10 bucks of a decent wine not god awful but not average, just decent.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drink any type of red wine. I can't stand white wine. I can also go from the cheapest bottle to having excellent stuff. I've had a ton of different reds since I work at a liquor store.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we're on our last few bucks and wanna drink, we buy a box of White Zinfandel. Never had any of the good stuff, wouldn't know what to order it with.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite grape is actually zinfandel. I like a strong, fruit forward zin with that high alcohol content. Everybody wants to be a Pinot Noir or Cab fan but for my money you can't beat a good Zin. A couple of my quick favorites -

-Rombauer
-Martinelli

Those two are some of the best off the top of my head. If you ever see either one in a store, pick it up and thank me later.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I went to a vineyard in the valley this past summer. I'll post some pics. It was Artesa. So gorgeous, and it was cool learning about the process and seeing people at work. Plus the wine tasting was great.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
My favorite grape is actually zinfandel. I like a strong, fruit forward zin with that high alcohol content. Everybody wants to be a Pinot Noir or Cab fan but for my money you can't beat a good Zin. A couple of my quick favorites -

-Rombauer
-Martinelli

Those two are some of the best off the top of my head. If you ever see either one in a store, pick it up and thank me later.
Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel is one of my favorites especially for the price at about $15.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Ravenswood Lodi Zinfandel is one of my favorites especially for the price at about $15.

Yea +1 that's another good one. The thing about zinfandel is you can get so many great deals like that because I think people have a stigma about Zins and like I said earlier, everyone wants a Pinot Noir or a big Cab. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink them but you just have to spend so much more money for the same quality wine IMO.

Folie A deux and Chateau Montelena also make really great zins if you ever see them.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Funny story sorta

I went out to dinner one night and saw Barefoot Pinot Grigio on the menu and a glass was 7.50. The liquor store next to my apartment used to have 2 for 14 bucks bottles of Barefoot lol. Barefoot was a decent cheap wine. I like their Cab alot.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Yea +1 that's another good one. The thing about zinfandel is you can get so many great deals like that because I think people have a stigma about Zins and like I said earlier, everyone wants a Pinot Noir or a big Cab. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink them but you just have to spend so much more money for the same quality wine IMO.

Folie A deux and Chateau Montelena also make really great zins if you ever see them.
Folie A deux is very good, love the aromas of that one as well.

I want some vino right now, but I am at work.
Quote:
Old 02-13-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back in college my roommate and I used to make wine in the closet.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
LOL.

And how did that go?
Old 02-13-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my dad has the most awesome winecellar, all really high end bordeaux and he is never gonna finish all of them, actually had a premieur grand cru this christmas, it was awesome.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that cant have been good

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Some pics from the Artesa website..ill post my own when I get home

so beautiful wow
Quote:
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive made wine before as well at school, i feel special to have such a connection

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
So Scott Wright is not straight edge.

plus rep Scott!
Quote:
Old 02-13-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And how did that go?
Since we have the hot temps here in Texas it's super easy but I dont think I am allowed to post how to make it... I guess PM me and I can explain.

My parents are wine people. Funny thing about wine is it should never be about the price, it should be about the taste. Hell, some of the best tasting wine out there is this one called "Charles Shaw" or as most know it "Two Buck Chuck" and it's won many taste awards haha. California wines are best taste and quality for your dollar.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
box .
i was wondering how long it would take for this word to come up in the wine thread. classy.

i don't know much about wine. i like it red and dry. never white. if i'm having something chilled, it's gonna be beer.

on the extremely rare occurance that i purchase wine, i go by the following criteria:

-red
-cool/classy label
-pronounceable name (i don't want to have to stumble through some french crap every time somebody asks me what the name of the beast is).
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
were you wine drinkers, or was this just a ploy to get women?
i could see it working very well. as i imagine your mock draft talent wasn't considered a marketable skill in the ladies department. :)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Growing up so close to Napa Valley, I have been to several wineries and cellars there. Parducci Winery makes wonderful stuff.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ive had wine a couple times at parties because some of the girls I went to HS with drank it. Never had it out of a glass, just out of the bag that comes in the box. It was Blush. That's pretty much the extent of my win tasting. Oh, actually driving home from Niagara falls when I was like 13 once, we stopped at some vineyard in the northeast and I tasted some wine. It was really good, light colored, fruity. Know what I'm talking about? lol :)

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
were you wine drinkers, or was this just a ploy to get women?
i could see it working very well.
I don't think the line 'I'm making a batch of wine in my closet, wanna come try some?' works that well on women.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ive had wine a couple times at parties because some of the girls I went to HS with drank it. Never had it out of a glass, just out of the bag that comes in the box. It was Blush. That's pretty much the extent of my win tasting. Oh, actually driving home from Niagara falls when I was like 13 once, we stopped at some vineyard in the northeast and I tasted some wine. It was really good, light colored, fruity. Know what I'm talking about? lol :)
That would be Franzia Sunset Blush
Quote: