Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better 2nd Year
Steve Slaton 49 43.36%
Chris Johnson 64 56.64%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
To echo what others may have said, Slaton has the better chance of having the better statistical season. He's not splitting carries like Johnson will be. Nevertheless, I think CJ will be the more impressive RB.

Slaton was just as streaky as Johnson was. Especially during the first half of the season. Not to mention Slaton was allotted more carries per game. I think CJ only had one game all season where he had over 20 carries, and that was an OverTime game against Green Bay. During regulation time, he only had 19 carries.

The Titans run a ZBS as well. ;)
Not exactly the same system ;)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
Considering Forte was practically the entire Chicago Bears offense and faced nothing but 8 or more in the box, he deserves some more respect than this. He had more total yards than both Slaton and Johnson as well as more TD's and is a better receiver.

Sure, he had more opportunities, but he had a ****** line, no WR's, and a mediocre at best QB... don't forget about the fact our D sucked ass as well.
Does the thread title say best 2nd year RB? Nope? That's because it was a discussion about Slaton and Chris Johnson. Not Matt Forte.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Not exactly the same system ;)
You're right...

Ours is bettah!

Yeah, yeah, I know. Rawr, rawr, Denver system, rawr, rawr. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as slaton is and as good as lenwhale is becoming, I think Johnson will have the better year.

I can see Collins maintaining the starting position for quite a while which means a lot of runs, the Tennessee defense is also a lot better than Houston's so they'll be more likely to be running late in the game.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Does the thread title say best 2nd year RB? Nope? That's because it was a discussion about Slaton and Chris Johnson. Not Matt Forte.
My bads ya'll.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My bads ya'll.
It's all good our brotha'! Actually, the RB class last season was so outstanding, it'd be an insult to pick a singular best RB from the group right now. I mean there's Forte, Slaton, and CJ, plus Jonathan Stewart, Felix Jones, Darren McFadden, Rashard Mendenhall, Kevin Smith, and then tack on guys like Jamaal Charles, Ray Rice, Tim Hightower, and Benjarvus Green-Ellis.

It's nuckin' futts is what it is!

This poll isn't close enough...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I voted for Slaton... mainly because I can understand him when he talks and he doesn't, at least that I've seen, dress like some gangsta raper.

Plus, I think he's got a better attitude than Chris Johnson.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slaton has a much better shot at duplicating his performance than Johnson. Teams will stack the box against Tennessee and force Collins into beating them through the air. Until he shows he can win a lot of games through his passing, teams will defend the run 1st which could negatively affect Johnson.
Houston has a dual offense, dangerous both passing and running so Slaton won't face defenses which will concentrate solely on him. He'll have plenty of running lanes.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Well, I voted for Slaton... mainly because I can understand him when he talks and he doesn't, at least that I've seen, dress like some gangsta raper.
Call me a homer, but I'm 99% positive that CJ doesn't rape gangsters. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Slaton has a much better shot at duplicating his performance than Johnson. Teams will stack the box against Tennessee and force Collins into beating them through the air. Until he shows he can win a lot of games through his passing, teams will defend the run 1st which could negatively affect Johnson.
Houston has a dual offense, dangerous both passing and running so Slaton won't face defenses which will concentrate solely on him. He'll have plenty of running lanes.
I scoff at your baseless accusations good sir!

Did you not think that teams would've done that last season? The most blatant example was against Chicago. They sold out to stop the run, and they did so by causing CJ to average 0.6 YPC and LenWhale to average 1.4 YPC.

Collins then went on to pass for 289-yards, 2 TD's, a completion percentage of 73.2% at 7.0 YPA, and ended the day at Soldier Field with a QB rating of 108.7.

The Titans went 13-3 last year with the passing of Collins and the running of CJ and LenWhale. How is that not a pattern of success?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 07-19-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats because the bears suck at defending slants. they allowed a **** load of slants

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
thats because the bears suck at defending slants. they allowed a **** load of slants
Yeah. Brandon Jones had a good day on those, but only because that's the only route Jones has success at.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:34 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? One reason, ZBS. Slaton is not up there in terms of talent, but he has good vision and speed, so he can see the holes and pick up some nice yardage. I think he has a better year statistically.
Statistically.

Thats the key.

I mean, also going 60/40 with lenwhale won't help.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't shake this feeling that the Titans are in for a disappointing year. That said, both Slaton and Johnson will have big seasons. I pick Slaton, because the Titans are one inevitable slump from Kerry Collins away from facing nine in the box every play.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is false CJ rapes everybody.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No doubt Slaton. He's the main guy who is playing in the perfect scheme. He's on the field on every down and has one of the top passing games in the NFL supporting him. With Chris Johnson he plays one of the most lop sided offenses in the NFL. Teams know they want to run the ball. With Collins inability to stretch the field vertically teams just stack the box on CJ. That and Lendale will still get just as many carries.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I scoff at your baseless accusations good sir!

Did you not think that teams would've done that last season? The most blatant example was against Chicago. They sold out to stop the run, and they did so by causing CJ to average 0.6 YPC and LenWhale to average 1.4 YPC.

Collins then went on to pass for 289-yards, 2 TD's, a completion percentage of 73.2% at 7.0 YPA, and ended the day at Soldier Field with a QB rating of 108.7.

The Titans went 13-3 last year with the passing of Collins and the running of CJ and LenWhale. How is that not a pattern of success?
You need to look carefully at Tennessee's schedule my friend. Their SOS was the weakest in the NFL last year and they won't be facing that cakewalk schedule this coming season. The schedule in the NFL allows for 6 to 8 new teams to reach the playoffs every year but those teams without franchise QB's almost never repeat their playoff run and are prime candidates to fall by the wayside. That is the pattern of the NFL and I fully expect Tennessee to follow this pattern into oblivion for the coming year.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Slayton, because Houston's offense is based on passing which will open things up for him. And because teams have film on Johnson now and will be better prepared for him. And because Chris Johnson is obnoxious.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Slaton. Several factors: the amount of touches proportional to total offensive plays will be in favor of Slaton, the offensive line's year of growing together, the health of Schaub in association with the passing game that will be opened up allowing for a more dynamic offense in Houston. More pluses for Houston's offense compared to where will the drastic improvements in the Titan's offense come from?
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
More pluses for Houston's offense compared to where will the drastic improvements in the Titan's offense come from?

You guys really need to keep up. ;)

...I'm sorry. I just wanted to use that picture again. <3

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You guys really need to keep up. ;)

...I'm sorry. I just wanted to use that picture again. <3
Don't forget Jared Cook and Nate Washington!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Slayton, because Houston's offense is based on passing which will open things up for him. And because teams have film on Johnson now and will be better prepared for him. And because Chris Johnson is obnoxious.
Sorry, couldn't help but chuckle a bit there.

"Ok guys, the film clearly shows how we stop Chris Johnson - we just gotta run a crap load faster!"

In all seriousness though, is this even a legit approach to containing a RB? So much of what a RB does is in real time, adjusting to what he sees in front of him develop, not to mention D's are facing a total running attack, not just a single running back. There is no magic formation to stop a RB derived from film study.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Slaton has been caught on film too - I mean if the frame rate can capture Chris Johnson, it can nab Slaton ;)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Sorry, couldn't help but chuckle a bit there.

"Ok guys, the film clearly shows how we stop Chris Johnson - we just gotta run a crap load faster!"

In all seriousness though, is this even a legit approach to containing a RB? So much of what a RB does is in real time, adjusting to what he sees in front of him develop, not to mention D's are facing a total running attack, not just a single running back. There is no magic formation to stop a RB derived from film study.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Slaton has been caught on film too - I mean if the frame rate can capture Chris Johnson, it can nab Slaton ;)
That's why LT will be bad this year man. Finally have tape on him.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why LT will be bad this year man. Finally have tape on him.
For Brian Westbrook, being injured all the time is all part of the plan. Less time on the field = less tape of him. Genius.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's difficult to stop a running back by watching tape when you've got michael roos mauling your ass too.

It's not just back we should be looking at but the lines as well and Tenn is FAR superior to Houston.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Considering Forte was practically the entire Chicago Bears offense and faced nothing but 8 or more in the box, he deserves some more respect than this. He had more total yards than both Slaton and Johnson as well as more TD's and is a better receiver.

Sure, he had more opportunities, but he had a ****** line, no WR's, and a mediocre at best QB... don't forget about the fact our D sucked ass as well.
Oh please, everyone has to turn everything into a freaking homer fest, it's between Slaton and CJ, two smaller speed backs who had similiar stats.

Forte has no reason to be in this duscussion so you guys can stop with the "deserves more respect" stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote