Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Better 2nd Year
Steve Slaton 49 43.36%
Chris Johnson 64 56.64%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Its a thread about 2 people, stop being annoying and bringing up people the thread isnt about.
fine.

it's just poor judgement to believe that slaton or johnson will be the top 2 second year RB's without any other consideration.

and from the general consensus, people are under the impression that it's 'not a contest'. which. it is.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
fine.

it's just poor judgement to believe that slaton or johnson will be the top 2 second year RB's without any other consideration.

and from the general consensus, people are under the impression that it's 'not a contest'. which. it is.
I don't think the OP only put CJ and SS because he thought they'd be the two best for sure. I just think he wanted an opinion on two fairly similar rbs from the same division that also had similar first year stats.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
i voted for Slaton because i think his team is going to be better this year and i think the titans are going to regress so while i think they will have statistically similar years, i think slaton ends up doing it for a better team. (yes i just said that the texans will make the playoffs over the titans...)
Trust me, you're not as original a thinker as you may believe :)

(i.e. it's basically a yearly tradition)
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
Trust me, you're not as original a thinker as you may believe :)

(i.e. it's basically a yearly tradition)
Yes, everyone loves the Texans as a sleeper pick for the play offs, it's probably the worst prediction you can make, due to the history of it lol.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From my comprehension, it's a comparison between Johnson and Slaton because of their similarities they share and not an assumption that they'll be the two most successful RB's next season.

Johnson had 1,228-yards, 4.9 YPC, 81.9 YPG, and 9 TD's.
Slaton had 1,282-yards, 4.8 YPC, 80.1 YPG, and 9 TD's.

I get why people would initially think that the question is insinuating that these two RB's will be the best next season, but in reality, there's a reason for the question being specific. They're two home-run threats coming off extremely similar rookie years.

Forte is awesome. I thought he was amazing in the Titans/Bears game. But, not being involved in this discussion is by no means a slight to him or any other RB's. He's just not a part of the specifics. It'd be like me going into a thread asking, "Who will have the better season: Darren McFadden or Felix Jones?" and going, "What about Chris Johnson?" Someone would no doubt post and go, "Uh, maybe because he didn't go to Arkansas?"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote