Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Well if you really ask me to (i wasnt planning on cuz it will be a fruitless discussion anyway).
-Rudolph is insanely quick for someone his size and stretches the field out more than given credit for
-Rudolph ended the season as a quite good blocker (although i do concede that he sucked in blocking early on in last season but the strides he took were rediculous, his downfield blocking is really good, he is not quite as good blocking on the the line)
-He had the surest hands on the team outside of floyd.
Wonderful. As I pointed out yesterday, there are 10 tight ends that I can name off the top of my head that are better than Rudolph, and probably another 5-10 that you could make a case for.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Wonderful. As I pointed out yesterday, there are 10 tight ends that I can name off the top of my head that are better than Rudolph, and probably another 5-10 that you could make a case for.
you mean who you think are better, not saying that i dont agree with some of your list but i disagree, although i also think a few of the guys who named are better there were some names on there that i thought were not even close to being enough better to not have an argument about it

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if you really ask me to (i wasnt planning on cuz it will be a fruitless discussion anyway).
-Rudolph is insanely quick for someone his size and stretches the field out more than given credit for
-Rudolph ended the season as a quite good blocker (although i do concede that he sucked in blocking early on in last season but the strides he took were rediculous, his downfield blocking is really good, he is not quite as good blocking on the the line)
-He had the surest hands on the team outside of floyd.
So, in your opinion, does that warrant him being selected to this roster over Gronkowski and Pitta?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not saying that i dont agree with some of your list but i disagree
How's that for fallacy?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying he should be in there cuz he shouldnt but he is quite close.
Again, with the overrating of ND prospects. Off the top of my head, here are OTs that are better than Young.

Russell Okung
Anthony Davis
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams
Ciron Black
Adam Ulatowski
Charles Brown
Zane Beadles
Gabe Carimi

I'm sure there at least 5-10 other tackles better than Young. So, no, he's not "quite close".
Old 07-24-2009, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
you mean who you think are better, not saying that i dont agree with some of your list but i disagree, although i also think a few of the guys who named are better there were some names on there that i thought were not even close to being enough better to not have an argument about it
No, as in, they ARE better. They all out-produced Rudolph last year, and I'd say nearly all of them are better blockers.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Look, this is going nowhere. I like Rudolph. Really, I do. I think he was the best freshman TE last year and showed improvements in his run blocking. However, to say that he's a top 5 or even a top 10 TE at the moment is beyond ludicrous.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Look, this is going nowhere. I like Rudolph. Really, I do. I think he was the best freshman TE last year and showed improvements in his run blocking. However, to say that he's a top 5 or even a top 10 TE at the moment is beyond ludicrous.
fair enough, i have him top10 atm, but lets agree to disagree, will be much more usefull

Saints 2014 draft

Old 07-24-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

BACK TO THE FATTIES YEAHHHH!

Ciron Black is a monster. He'll prove it you this season when he comes around the way looking for Brandon Spikes

Old 07-24-2009, 10:58 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
BACK TO THE FATTIES YEAHHHH!

Ciron Black is a monster. He'll prove it you this season when he comes around the way looking for Brandon Spikes
He's got this other guy on Florida to worry about... some defensive lineman named after a golf ball or whatever.

He's alright.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
He's got this other guy on Florida to worry about... some defensive lineman named after a golf ball or whatever.

He's alright.
If he ain't as good a "Putt Putt" Dorsey I don't wanna hear it.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Totally forgot about Bulaga
You only voted for one OT. You can add Bulaga to your ballot if you want but you better do it quick. Okung is almost at 10 votes.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No time for him!

I say Bulaga and Okung
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Bulaga
Anthony Davis

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st Team: Russell Okung, Anthony Davis
2nd Team: Bryan Bulaga, Ciron Black

Moving to Guards.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Johnson 1
Sergio Render 1

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Mike Johnson 2
Sergio Render 2

Saints 2014 draft

Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he ain't as good a "Putt Putt" Dorsey I don't wanna hear it.
I found him! Carlos Dunlap, that was his name. Did you know he was the Championship MVP?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Maurkice Pouncey count as a G? or is he a C?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sergio Render - 3
Rodney Hudson - 1
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Surprised that Sergio Render is getting so many votes. He's not that good at all. I've seen him get beat too many times. Anyways...

Rodney Hudson - 2
Jon Asamoah, Illinois
Old 07-24-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Johnson
Rodney Hudson

Last edited by Todd Bertuzzi : 07-24-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Does Maurkice Pouncey count as a G? or is he a C?
There are two Pouncey's... Mike and Maurkice are both on the OL.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Johnson - 3
John Jerry - 2
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

John Jerry plays RT.