Jahvid Best, RB, California 5 8.62%
Taylor Mays, S, USC 1 1.72%
Julio Jones, WR, Alabama 1 1.72%
Other 3 5.17%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Seriously though, Jermaine Gresham doesnt even get a mention?
hahaha you serious?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant vote against Colt McCoy
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
hahaha you serious?
If Gerald McCoy gets a mention, yes.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:06 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
With all that talent, Urban Meyer coaching and a cream puff non-conference schedule? Please.
name our WR's and sit there and tell me that they are all world talents
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
name our WR's and sit there and tell me that they are all world talents
12 different players caught passes for the Gators last year. 9 of them return this year, including the starting TE. The returning WR's include guys like former blue chip recruits Deonte Thompson, David Nelson and Carl Moore who played extensively last year and caught multiple TD's. When you factor in the possible contributions from redshirt freshman and true freshman, it's quite clear the Gators are gonna have plenty of weapons for their QB to throw to.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
12 different players caught passes for the Gators last year. 9 of them return this year, including the starting TE. The returning WR's include guys like former blue chip recruits Deonte Thompson, David Nelson and Carl Moore who played extensively last year and caught multiple TD's. When you factor in the possible contributions from redshirt freshman and true freshman, it's quite clear the Gators are gonna have plenty of weapons for their QB to throw to.
David Nelson
Riley Cooper
Carl Moore or Deonte Thompson

Those right now are our projected starting WR's and they all aren't much to write home about at this point. We know we'll get some production out of Hernandez but that's about as much proven consistent weapons we have at this point. Me and you on different pages because i'm banking more of proven returning players and not just players who played extensively and didn't do much but i see what you saying man, no hard feelings.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would I select #1 overall if assembling a team? Jake Locker slightly edges out Pryor and Tebow. QB is just far too important a position to really consider many other guys. Obviously I favor the extraordinarily athletic ones. Never in the history of the game have there been as many freaks at the QB position. The NFL couldn't have picked a better time to begin it's swing toward more spread-based schemes.

Who would win the heisman if position/team success/conference affiliation didn't matter? That's a real tough one because some guys can't be successful on a bad team, some guys can. Jake Locker, for instance, is simply unable to put up heisman-worthy numbers in that offense no matter how good he is. Put him in Eugene or Gainesville though, and I think he's at least given an invite.

I don't think too many people realize just how similar he really is to Tebow. Go down the list of attributes and there are several check marks I put next to Locker's name. The biggest one Tebow has on him is experience. Not just in number of games, but he's got experience being the top dog. Experience as a winner. I think that's valuable from a confidence standpoint. I guarantee that if they swapped places, Locker would be the deity and Tebow would be the forgotten one. People who can't see that don't know the game.

A great DT or LT has a better chance of really showing his best on a bad team than a QB does. Likewise, a great supporting cast/scheme can make average QB's look like world beaters. Guys like Dennis Dixon and Troy Smith and Jason White were never the best QB's in the nation, imo. They were all just very good QB's who were propped up to loftier heights thanks to great surrounding talent and/or scheme that fit them very well. There are countless guys like that every year. It's just far too difficult for even the closest observers to accurately separate the individual from the ultimate team game. Great players just don't exist on their own, yet that's what all the awards and accolades presume.

I think the best college football player regardless of position is probably Eric Berry. People who think he is just a safety don't know what they're talking about. The guy is a football player plain and simple. He could play QB for a lot of teams, CB, WR...the guy is just a tremendous football player. He's about as sure a thing as there is in college football as far as projecting to NFL stardom.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Who would I select #1 overall if assembling a team? Jake Locker slightly edges out Pryor and Tebow.

Last edited by murdamal86 : 07-29-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
I think the best college football player regardless of position is probably Eric Berry. People who think he is just a safety don't know what they're talking about. The guy is a football player plain and simple. He could play QB for a lot of teams, CB, WR...the guy is just a tremendous football player.
That's great, but he doesn't, so who cares? His value is limited to what he does, and what he does isn't even close to as valuable as what Tebow does.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
If Gerald McCoy gets a mention, yes.
What are you saying. McCoy is the second best defensive player in the country behind Berry. He definitely deserves a mention.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's great, but he doesn't, so who cares? His value is limited to what he does, and what he does isn't even close to as valuable as what Tebow does.
Well we all have different definitions of "best," I suppose. When trying to separate tremendous college football player A from tremendous college football player B, I think their overall ability is absolutely pertinent. Who is the best player. Not best QB or safety or DT. How in the hell is it not valuable for a team like UCLA to be able to bring in Drew Bennett when Cade Mcnown is throwing up, and to also use him at WR when they need to throw up a jump ball?

As I understood the question, it was to determine who the best player is regardless of position or team success.

I think that as a football player, Eric Berry is probably the best guy out there right now. It's just an opinion though. I could make a solid case for several guys, including Tebow. Of course he's more valuable to his team. No safety will ever be more valuable to his team than the QB. Reserving the term "best" to just QB's kinda just craps all over the game, imo. I mean we can never compare a LT to a WR, but we can look at how great an athlete a guy is, what his flaws are, how much better he plays his position than his peers....etc. When we look at those things, it becomes obvious that Demarcus Ware is a superior football player to Tarvaris Jackson.

In my opinion, there are several QB's I can put on par with Tebow. There are several athletes I can put up there with him. Eric Berry, to me, is one of the best safeties I've ever seen play the college game. He's just that much better than everybody else. He's a ridiculous athlete, and yes, he is a football player. (Not to imply many other guys aren't) Force me to answer the op's question, and he's the guy I point to. But really, there are several guys I put right up there with him. It's real tough to come up with a strong opinion on this subject. There are just too many variables to base it on. The way he worded the question is what produced my answer.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I hate the guy, and as much as it pains me to say it, it's Tebow. The guy's passion and desire to win is unmatched.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i broke the tebow tie. w00t.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler

Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
i broke the tebow tie. w00t.
I made it a tie again! w00t x2.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tebow, not the best pro prospect but far and away the best player in the nation.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Berry ftw.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:39 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
Tebow, not the best pro prospect but far and away the best player in the nation.
Exactly, it shouldn't even be a debate. Even if your not a Tebow fan, you can't deny his awesomeness.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Exactly, it shouldn't even be a debate. Even if your not a Tebow fan, you can't deny his awesomeness.
I'm a huge Tebow fan, but I did say "best player regardless of position", and I feel that Berry fits the bill. They're 1A and 1B for me. You can't go wrong with either.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Eric Berry takes over games from the safety position. It's gonna be funny seeing QBs trying to pass on him this year.
He may be a great player but Tennessee only won 6 games last year, not exactly a player who takes over games and can win.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Tebow by a landside for me. He is clearly one of the all time great college QB's. He has an excellent shot at winning 3 national championships in a row, something that all the other great college QB's have failed to do.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
He has an excellent shot at winning 3 national championships in a row
Old 07-30-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
It's Tebow by a landside for me. He is clearly one of the all time great college QB's. He has an excellent shot at winning 3 national championships in a row, something that all the other great college QB's have failed to do.
2 in a row, 3 in 4 seasons
Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'm a huge Tebow fan, but I did say "best player regardless of position", and I feel that Berry fits the bill. They're 1A and 1B for me. You can't go wrong with either.
Except position does matter. It matters a lot. One position is a lot more important towards winning football games.

It's like asking who makes a greater contribution towards science, the astro-physicist or the guy who cleans the bathrooms in the lab.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Except position does matter. It matters a lot. One position is a lot more important towards winning football games.

It's like asking who makes a greater contribution towards science, the astro-physicist or the guy who cleans the bathrooms in the lab.
Not at all. I wanted to know who's the most talented player. Who dominates more than everyone else? Like I said, 1A and 1B for me.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Talented and best are usually not considered the same thing. Your title is misleading.