Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Which are you a bigger fan of? NFL or NCAA?
NFL Football 77 69.37%
NCAA College Football 34 30.63%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
How did you become a Red Sox fan then? Just curious
better question: how are you a Longhorns fan?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL by a long shot.

I got into CF because of the NFL and the Draft.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
better question: how are you a Longhorns fan?
I'm not really sure. I just started following the longhorns way back when i was younger and they sorta just became my team i guess.

I had no connections to BC (only team in my area for 1-A) and they really haven't offered too much to follow until recently, so I guess the longhorns became my team.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
How did you become a Red Sox fan then? Just curious
I was a major Expos fan, and I always hated the Yankees because of their ability to sign whomever they wanted while the Expos suffered. So, when the Expos traded Pedro to Boston, I started following the Red Sox. They weren't in the same league, I was a huge Pedro fan and hated the Yankees. Wins all around. Then, when the Expos moved to D.C, Boston really became my only team. I started taking more of an interest in the Phillies when I moved in the area, but when the two play, I root for the Sox.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
NFL for me. There is nothing like an NFL Sunday with your friends. Fantasy, Gambling, Drinking not to mention rooting for your favorite team. NFL sundays are great.
You clearly have never experienced a college football saturday at a major college football school if you think that NFL Sundays are the ultimate.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I chose the NFL, as I find the NCAA boring. I just can't invest my emotions in any of the college teams as I can with the NFL.
How can you "Invest" your emotions into an NFL team? You probably have no personal connection to a team...I guess I can see emotional investment in a college football team, if you attend their university...
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had always been saving my college football fandom until i actually got into a college with a bigtime program, as was my plan. That fell through unfortunately, so I'm really not a big college football guy. It's the NFL for me.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
You clearly have never experienced a college football saturday at a major college football school if you think that NFL Sundays are the ultimate.
I want a college football Saturday and an NFL Sunday so bad.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ncaa

i go to wvu, so it feels like i'm part of the team...if that makes sense; plus, the fans are really, really into the games

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
How can you "Invest" your emotions into an NFL team? You probably have no personal connection to a team...I guess I can see emotional investment in a college football team, if you attend their university...
Right...watching football for me is like a business then...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say this: I have never had more fun at a sporting event than in college. However, I feel I am more emotionally invested into the Niners than I am with A&M. I believe that is because in college, you are never going to be a surprise team, at least not in the Big 12, as the teams are not evenly matched. If I am going for pure enjoyment, A&M games (ESPECIALLY basketball) were unreal. In fact, the 2007 win over UT at Kyle Field was the best sporting event I have ever attended. But, given an A&M national championship in basketball or football vs. a Niners superbowl, I'll take the superbowl win every time.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I believe that is because in college, you are never going to be a surprise team, at least not in the Big 12, as the teams are not evenly matched.
I think the 2008 Texas Tech Red Raiders have a little something to say about this. Or Ole Miss in the SEC. Those were two teams in the two biggest conferences that way overachieved and were most certainly a surprise to thrive as they did.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Santonio10
Veteran

Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Santonio10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's close but I have to say College Football. I grew up and still live in State College, PA so I was introduced to the best gameday atmosphere in football at a young age. Penn State has an amazing fan base and the atmosphere is one of the best you'll ever see. Saturday nights at Beaver Stadium are intense! :)

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Last edited by Santonio10 : 08-01-2009 at 02:32 AM.
Santonio10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

College.

More diversity, watch the young players come up, recruiting is a blast, everything. Love it.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I think the 2008 Texas Tech Red Raiders have a little something to say about this. Or Ole Miss in the SEC. Those were two teams in the two biggest conferences that way overachieved and were most certainly a surprise to thrive as they did.
Any one who followed the big 12 over the past couple years should not have been shocked by Tech last year.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love being a homer for both

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I enjoy some NCAA football but I am a full time NFL fan. :P

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote