Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Urlacher: Jay Cutler's a p****

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The..._Manhood/28993

Quote:
But things got interesting when talk turned to the rest of the NFC North.
“Jay Cutler’s a good player,” Wade said. “Obviously it’s a much different environment going from Denver to Chicago. Chicago’s a tough guy kind of town.”
Not entirely safe for work language occurs after the jump in what Wade says Urlacher said about Cutler …
“I don’t want to get him (Urlacher) in trouble or anything,” Wade prefaced his story, “but Cutler’s not what they expected. Pretty much he said Jay Cutler’s a ***** for the most part.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frankly, I'm only happy he is out of the AFC West
Old 07-29-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,5380020.story

Urlacher denies it. Says Bobby Wade is just trying to start crap. That won't stop people from blowing it out of proportion.

` I have no problem with Jay," he said. ``I think we're all excited about Jay. That's why we made the trade. He's obviously one of the best quarterbacks in the league. I think we have a better chance to win the Super Bowl with him at quarterback.

``Again, I'm pretty sure Jay knows I wouldn't say that about him. It seems like something always happens before training camp, I guess. But it doesn't bother me. I've definitely had a lot worse things happen before training camp."
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not surprised that Urlacher said that. Cutler alway kinda seemed like a cry baby in Denver.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welll.... he is.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I'm not surprised that Urlacher said that. Cutler alway kinda seemed like a cry baby in Denver.
Yeah he certainly seemed that way.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may whine, but he also looks like if he's angry, he'll stomp your throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler's really overrated in my opinion anyway. A good starter, not a top-10 QB.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Jay Cutler's really overrated in my opinion anyway. A good starter, not a top-10 QB.
I don't think you can name 10 QBs who are better than him. He's not an elite level QB at the moment and he's not a Super Bowl calibre QB(without a great defense) but I do think most teams would see him as an upgrade. Plus, he's 26 and the only faults he has are entirely correctable.

Not to say they will be corrected, as an example most of Rex Grossman's problems were correctable too. But Cutler is pretty much the prototype QB physically. Big, strong body, excellent mobility within the pocket, a brilliant pocket presence in terms of feeling the pressure and of course his cannon of an arm.

****, I miss that guy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet Cutler is gonna demand another trade. haha.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... I think this falls under the 'who gives a ****' category

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think you can name 10 QBs who are better than him. He's not an elite level QB at the moment and he's not a Super Bowl calibre QB(without a great defense) but I do think most teams would see him as an upgrade. Plus, he's 26 and the only faults he has are entirely correctable.

Not to say they will be corrected, as an example most of Rex Grossman's problems were correctable too. But Cutler is pretty much the prototype QB physically. Big, strong body, excellent mobility within the pocket, a brilliant pocket presence in terms of feeling the pressure and of course his cannon of an arm.

****, I miss that guy.
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Philip Rivers
4. Drew Brees
5. Kurt Warner
6. Tony Romo
7. Donovan McNabb
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Matt Ryan
10. Eli Manning
11. Ben Roethlisberger
12. Carson Palmer
13. Jay Cutler

That's who I'd say is better. I think the top 5 is pretty self-explanatory. Romo actually has more TDs than Peyton the last two years if I recall correctly and he even missed a few games. Donovan McNabb is a proven winner who hasn't had much at WR in his career, and has still made it deep into the playoffs over and over. I thought Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan looked terrific their first seasons starting, and just generally are smart, accurate guys who can lead a team. Eli and Ben are both kind of overrated if you ask me as well, but they have the rings, so I guess I could see them at 8 and 9, too. Both are just a little too inconsistent for me, and Eli hasn't played well without Plaxico. Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler is a wash. I think Carson's playoff appearance and generally bigger body of work puts him a little ahead. I mean, Cutler could work his way up to #8 or so for me if say, he has another good year and wins a Super Bowl, but I'm not sure he's the guy I'd want leading my team.

EDIT: By the way, loose rankings, but you get the idea.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Philip Rivers
4. Drew Brees
5. Kurt Warner
6. Tony Romo
7. Donovan McNabb
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Matt Ryan
10. Eli Manning
11. Ben Roethlisberger
12. Carson Palmer
13. Jay Cutler

That's who I'd say is better. I think the top 5 is pretty self-explanatory. Romo actually has more TDs than Peyton the last two years if I recall correctly and he even missed a few games. Donovan McNabb is a proven winner who hasn't had much at WR in his career, and has still made it deep into the playoffs over and over. I thought Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan looked terrific their first seasons starting, and just generally are smart, accurate guys who can lead a team. Eli and Ben are both kind of overrated if you ask me as well, but they have the rings, so I guess I could see them at 8 and 9, too. Both are just a little too inconsistent for me, and Eli hasn't played well without Plaxico. Carson Palmer and Jay Cutler is a wash. I think Carson's playoff appearance and generally bigger body of work puts him a little ahead. I mean, Cutler could work his way up to #8 or so for me if say, he has another good year and wins a Super Bowl, but I'm not sure he's the guy I'd want leading my team.

EDIT: By the way, loose rankings, but you get the idea.
lol at Matt Ryan. Why not put Flacco on there?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

For what it's worth, I'd put Pennington #14, Cassel #15, Schaub #16, and then Vick #17 narrowly ahead of Hasselbeck (#18) and Flacco (#19). Very dangerous weapon and a total mismatch, plus Vick is a much better thrower than people think. His stats aren't the best, but keep in mind they kept switching the offense, trying to turn him into a pocket guy, and he played with absolutely atrocious receivers (yes, I know Roddy White was there, but he wasn't good yet) that dropped an absurd amount of passes. I think his completion percentage without all the drops would go from 55% or so to around 58-59%.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Matt Ryan had a great season. He took a team that picked #3 and went 11-5. Yes, they had Michael Turner, but Ryan was playing behind an average line with no safety valve at tight end as a true rookie and did a great job. I'm expecting around 3,600 yards, 63% completion, and 24 touchdowns this year. Joe Flacco didn't do much of anything. I'll give him that he also made the playoffs (but with a much better team and supporting cast), but that offense was dumbed down passing-wise and I don't think they would have been much worse with Troy Smith.

EDIT: Looking at his stats last year though, I do guess Matt Ryan might belong around #11 in favor of Eli and Ben. I thought he threw for more touchdowns. Still, I'd rather take Ryan than Jay Cutler or Carson Palmer.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would Urlacher even tell this to Bobby Wade?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think you can name 10 QBs who are better than him.
Hm.. QB's I take over him ( not long term).

1Brady
2Manning
3Brees
4Rivers
5 Mcnabb
6 Rodgers
7 Ben

I might
8Romo
9Warner

You're correct, he's fringe.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Matt Ryan had a great season. He took a team that picked #3 and went 11-5. Yes, they had Michael Turner, but Ryan was playing behind an average line with no safety valve at tight end as a true rookie and did a great job. I'm expecting around 3,600 yards, 63% completion, and 24 touchdowns this year.
Michael Turner took the #3 team and went 11-5. He was that team. So having an elite running game and a big time #1 WR is nothing without a safety valve at TE? Come on. Those big times #'s you mentioned arent as good as Cutler put up last year.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
They did used to be teammates?

they get smoked.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
He didnt. Thats why its not true.

Old 07-29-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Michael Turner took the #3 team and went 11-5. He was that team. So having an elite running game and a big time #1 WR is nothing without a safety valve at TE? Come on. Those big times #'s you mentioned arent as good as Cutler put up last year.
And you don't think any of that was due to Matt Ryan being a vast improvement over Redman/Harrington/Leftwich?
Old 07-29-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know how more broncos fans haven't dumped the team. The more I think about how I'd feel if I lost Jay Cutler as good as he is for as young as he is, hell I'd probably become a chargers fan.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Hm.. QB's I take over him ( not long term).

1Brady
2Manning
3Brees
4Rivers
5 Mcnabb
6 Rodgers
7 Ben

I might
8Romo
9Warner

You're correct, he's fringe.
I agree with that list, I'm terrible at ranking so I'm not gonna make my own list, but I wouldn't debate any of those. He could really fall anywhere from 8-12 on the list of top QBs.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-29-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
And you don't think any of that was due to Matt Ryan being a vast improvement over Redman/Harrington/Leftwich?
Does that mean Matt Ryan is a top 10 QB or Redman/Harrington/Leftwich are f*cking terrible? The pieces were in place for the Falcons to succeed.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because Matt Ryan is good, and Joe Flacco is mediocre.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote