Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.
Default Anyone run triathlons here?

Anyone here run triathlons? I am starting a training program and its been brutal. I wanna do the one in hawaii.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm training for the Nashville 1 K.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm training for the Nashville 1 K.
One of my friends dad own ACME Multisport in Goodlettsville. Heard of it?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Triathletes freak me out.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish I could.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of friends who do triathlons, but I would never complete that swimming part.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
One of my friends dad own ACME Multisport in Goodlettsville. Heard of it?
Negative..
Old 07-30-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, all the 315 lbs of me. lol Triathletes are some of the most underrated athletes out.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have a lot of friends who do triathlons, but I would never complete that swimming part.
Swimming and biking I'd have no problem with. I'd have to catch a cab for the running part though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Swimming and biking I'd have no problem with. I'd have to catch a cab for the running part though.
I know how to swim with proper form and all that, I'm just slow.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm bad at the running, great at the biking and swimming.

i've done quite a few though... when you start talking about the biking though... lemme know... i got 100 million tips and tricks to increase your TT skillzzzz....

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In HS, at the prime of my athletic ability, when i was a Varsity Basketball player and Swimmer... I could not swim onemile. Let alone multiples.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My family have been in the cycling industry for the last 5-6 years and I used to cycle for a while. I just suck at swimming.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
In HS, at the prime of my athletic ability, when i was a Varsity Basketball player and Swimmer... I could not swim onemile. Let alone multiples.
it's pacing.

i think its funny that the swimming is first...

if they changed the order of the events i think it'd be crazy...

a swim sprint finish? talk about ******* suck.
a bike sprint finish? makes it more about 'group tactics' even if those are banned.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
it's pacing.
But at the end of the day, it's a race. I've done endurance swimming, plenty of it, but my body just wouldn't respond to swimming distances that large. It's a hell of a grind. Not to mention the cramping that you get. If you're running and you cramp up, you can stop and stretch. If you're swimming... you bite your lip and hope it goes away quickly.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
But at the end of the day, it's a race. I've done endurance swimming, plenty of it, but my body just wouldn't respond to swimming distances that large. It's a hell of a grind. Not to mention the cramping that you get. If you're running and you cramp up, you can stop and stretch. If you're swimming... you bite your lip and hope it goes away quickly.
it's worst right in the center of the foot.

i don't know why. when i get a cramp there... it's gg... just cry your way through it...

Old 07-30-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The great thing about swimming is that it gives you a great workout and exercise, while not putting too much pressure or strain on your muscles.

It's no coincidence that world class swimmers have great abs.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
it's worst right in the center of the foot.

i don't know why. when i get a cramp there... it's gg... just cry your way through it...
That's the easiest place to get a cramp too. You're fluttering with your legs that you don't even notice how hard your pointing and clinching your toes. Then comes the pain..
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
The great thing about swimming is that it gives you a great workout and exercise, while not putting too much pressure or strain on your muscles.

It's no coincidence that world class swimmers have great abs.
My abs...well I just have one big one - right in the middle. For me, it's because the strain on the lower back isn't nearly as bad as running is.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
That's the easiest place to get a cramp too. You're fluttering with your legs that you don't even notice how hard your pointing and clinching your toes. Then comes the pain..
wtb webbed fingers and toes.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the 3 I would prefer swimming. I hate generic cardio, especially running. Even swimming gets boring tho imo, I prefer doing things like jump rope or boxing workouts as they offer some versatility. If I have to run or swim or bike for a workout I will usually do it HIIT style to get it done with quick.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

the bike is the best part.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
the bike is the best part.
I tend to enjoy swimming more when I do cardio.......bike is most def better than running tho. Running is the worst thing ever. I hate running so much that I dread my 10 minute warm up run before lifting. Its not even tough, I just get bored as hell.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
wtb webbed fingers and toes.
The two toes next to my big toe are webbed on both of my feet. It's wired, I know.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I have one web on my right foot.