Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Caleb Hanie is the #2 who is impressing the coaches at least thats what they are saying.

and no. Manning is a more than servicable kickreturner
I don't think Peyton has the speed or quickness.....jk. I know you mean Danieal. I actually think Chicago would be a good situation for Vick. Plus Lovie and Dungy are close which would help Vick's chances and would make the coaching staff more comfortable with the move.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that free agent Michael Vick is in Chicago for a Humane Society event.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Michael Vick will sign with Baltimore. He adds a weapon to their offense(which needs help, and a vet QB behind Flacco.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read a report that Bmore isnt interested w/ Vick. I would consider it since we run a lot of wild cat formations and he would be deadly in it. But IDK if the media circus and all the protests would be worth it
Old 08-12-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I read a report that Bmore isnt interested w/ Vick. I would consider it since we run a lot of wild cat formations and he would be deadly in it. But IDK if the media circus and all the protests would be worth it
I know Troy can run the Wildcat but I'd love to bring Vick in. He'd give the offense that explosive weapon that they've never really had. I'm not too concerned about the whole PR side of things because they've had to deal with both Ray back in 2000 and also Jamal Lewis. I think the Ravens could handle Vick better than almost anybody other than the Pats.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking all the protest would be good for publicity for small markets like Jacksonville.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to employ his services as a weapon, but I doubt very highly Ozzie would go after him based on Ozzies usual offseason trends.
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Ravens would be a perfect fit for him. All of the players who underproduced seem to always pick up their play when they play for the Ravens. Ray and Reed can keep a close eye on him too, and help him out with stuff as well.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

come to Buffalo
Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens are really a perfect pick. Thats who I'm expecting to sign him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Ravens are really a perfect pick. Thats who I'm expecting to sign him.
Ummm, what makes the Ravens "perfect"? I'd say a perfect team is a team with an old, declining QB who Vick could eventually replace at some point ie Carolina or Jacksonville. How perfect would it be to go to a team with a franchise QB already? He'd just end up leaving as soon as he could.

On those other teams he could end up starting late in the season and potentially long term after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Baltimore to sign him...he's gonna look ridiculous in the wilcat...then when the trade deadline comes....bam we trade his ass for Marshall...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ummm, what makes the Ravens "perfect"? I'd say a perfect team is a team with an old, declining QB who Vick could eventually replace at some point ie Carolina or Jacksonville. How perfect would it be to go to a team with a franchise QB already? He'd just end up leaving as soon as he could.

On those other teams he could end up starting late in the season and potentially long term after that.
He would have to sit on the bench for 2-4 years before he gets a chance to start for those teams; his best shot at getting another opportunity to become a franchise qb again is to prove to the owners around the league that he has changed. Plus, the Ravens offense is missing a playmaker, he could provide a lot to that offense. He doesn't have to be a starting qb to make a factor on any offense.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkaline View Post
I want Baltimore to sign him...he's gonna look ridiculous in the wilcat...then when the trade deadline comes....bam we trade his ass for Marshall...

yea plus I think he would look nice in a ravens jersey. But IDK if the media circus and protests would be worth his play
Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

He'll probably only get a 1 year deal with any team he signs with. Baltimore needs playmakers on offense and Vick could provide that.

Only problem I have with the fit is that when Flacco has a bad game, Ravens fans will be calling for Vick to start. Having Vick behind you is alot of pressure to put on a young QB.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

ESPN Radio reporter just said Vick "will not" sign in Baltimore. She also said hes likely to sign with an AFC team.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea plus I think he would look nice in a ravens jersey. But IDK if the media circus and protests would be worth his play
I think you guys are overrating how much actual protesting will go on. Media circus's arent always bad either. Your team gets a lot of exposure.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

There will be PETA people outside any stadium he plays in, but really thats nothing significant. Who really cares if they're there? The bitched when Obama killed a fly haha.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets be honest, Vick is going to play Qb and some wildcat Qb/Rb. He isn't going to return kicks, I doubt he could take those hits, and he isn't playing WR because he probably doesn't have the hands for it. We know he can run and kind of throw.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Ravens struggle people might start calling for Vick to start instead of Flacco. That is a controversy the Ravens will want to avoid.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's close the book fellas...Vick will not be included on any team's roster in Madden, officially.

Wait, wut?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
He would have to sit on the bench for 2-4 years before he gets a chance to start for those teams; his best shot at getting another opportunity to become a franchise qb again is to prove to the owners around the league that he has changed. Plus, the Ravens offense is missing a playmaker, he could provide a lot to that offense. He doesn't have to be a starting qb to make a factor on any offense.
So how would he sit on the bench 2-4 years in Carolina or Jacksonville(which really doesn't make sense), yet go to Baltimore and play right away? Somehow Delhomme and Garrard keep him on the bench for 4 years and Baltimore finds a spot for him immediately?

Also who is to say those teams can't use the wildcat? Who is to say that whoever gets Vick won't implement ways to get him on the field? I've yet to even see Baltimore run the Wildcat anyway, and Jacksonville needs playmakers just as bad.

As well as the fact that he'd be in an area where lots of people still love Vick and would probably embrace him alot quicker. Protesting is going to follow him wherever he goes because PETA has nothing better to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Fox has said the team has no plans to sign Michael Vick and then said "but you never want to rule anything out" knowing Fox, it's just him being him. Saying nothing.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are reports that are saying Eagles. Most notably CBS SPorts.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles....woooooow. Wow.