Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 07-31-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.B-rand is a cocksman.
Default 2009 Training Camp Thread

I only make it to Mankato a couple times each year during Camp time, and since this year it is one of the shortest camps, this first day might just be the only day I make it. But here's some of what I observed:

- Sage and Tarvaris split time working with the 1st team offense. Sage showed his veteran status by throwing the ball away when nothing was open and by hitting his hot route. Tarvaris definitely has better physical tools and much more zip on his throws. Both made some good plays today, the competition is underway.

- Loadholt was with the 1st team at RT all day. Apart from a false start penalty, no mistakes were visible. He kept Ray Edwards away from the QB long enough each time, even though he did not play with very good leverage at times, letting Edwards get into a bull rush, but Loadholt was able to hold his ground well enough.

- David Herron was the 2nd team MLB along with Erin Henderson and Heath Farwell as the OLB's. Jasper Brinkley was the 3rd team MLB.

- Jaymar Johnson got the most separation in 1-on-1 drills against the CB's. Allison was able to be covered like a blanket most of the drill, as was the case the further away from the starters the drill went. Berrian and Rice (going against McCaulley and Griffin) split good catches and good coverage. Glen Holt was hot and cold at different times.

- Garrett Mills seemed to be getting good marks from his coaches....Jimmy K made a few nice catches, some one handed.

- Asher Allen looked like a rookie, trying to do too much each snap he got.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
Jimmy K made a few nice catches, some one handed.
Kleinsausage has always had great hands. He is under-used imo.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rand View Post
- Sage and Tarvaris split time working with the 1st team offense. Sage showed his veteran status by throwing the ball away when nothing was open and by hitting his hot route. Tarvaris definitely has better physical tools and much more zip on his throws. Both made some good plays today, the competition is underway.
From what I read, Tavaris looked much more comfortable running the offense than Sage did, and just flat out looked better. Also, we need to get Harvin signed and in camp ASAP.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, but we heard the same thing about T-Jack in training camp last year. He practices great, but the transition to game-time has not always followed. I guess that i don't really care who the starting QB is.... either one will probably lead us in the direction of a new coach. :D
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson got hurt today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4371142

I imagine later today or tomorrow, they'll go into how bad it is.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Jackson got hurt today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4371142

I imagine later today or tomorrow, they'll go into how bad it is.
according to the Star Tribune it wasn't bad:
Quote:
Jackson remained on the field for a few minutes as head athletic trainer Eric Sugarman and others attended to him but the quarterback was able to get up and walk off the field under his own power.

Jackson’s issue appeared to be with his left leg. Sugarman took him into a tent on the practice field to exam him but as Jackson approached the tent he was jumping and appeared to be walking without a noticeable limp.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32250474

Quote:
According to Profootballtalk.com, Tarvaris Jackson underwent an MRI that determined his knee injury to be a sprained MCL.

It's believed to be a Grade 1 sprain, which could leave Jackson as day-to-day. If it turns out to be a more serious sprain, Jackson would miss multiple weeks -- putting Sage Rosenfels at the helm of the offense by default. NFL insider Adam Schefter doesn't expect Michael Vick to be an option regardless. It's too early for Brett Favre's entrance music.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The golden child has been injured! I am consumed by panic!
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

We got Harvin signed up for 5 years, Im anxious to see what he can do at camp.
Its reported that he should be able to make practice today.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

This is a pretty decent place to find daily jottings from Vikings Training Camp, also includes some pictures.

http://www.capitaljscorner.com/
Old 08-04-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

I'm very intrigued by Jaymar Johnson. He has been very impressive so far. He is reportedly as quick as Harvin in some of the drills. I think he will make the team, especially with Allison gone. Thoughts on him???

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-04-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Here are some more notes from Kevin Seifert.

MANKATO, Minn. -- Monday is the last full day I'll be spending here at Minnesota's camp, a development I'm sure will be a relief to some of you who are have been feeling a bit Purple-dosed during this extended weekend. As I've mentioned, I'll be hitting all four NFC North camps and everyone will get their turn.

With that, here are some observations and thoughts about the Vikings after seven practices:

Quarterback Tarvaris Jackson (knee) stepped up his rehabilitation a bit Monday afternoon, throwing and jogging on the field during practice. The next step will be jumping into stretching and individual drills. Coach Brad Childress continues to be vague on the severity of the injury and Jackson's timetable for return. Jackson didn't speak to the media Monday. My suspicion level always rises to the level of secrecy, and confirmed details have been scarce in this case. But if I had to guess, I would say Jackson is several days away from returning at full speed.

In his absence, Sage Rosenfels has improved with every practice. Monday was by far his best day, highlighted by two long completions to Bernard Berrian and Jaymar Johnson. Rosenfels is also looking much more confident and sure of himself as he feels his way through the offense. If nothing else, he has used this opportunity to pull himself dead even with Jackson in their competition. The more time Jackson misses, the better for Rosenfels. And for all of you rooting for John David Booty: I've seen nothing to suggest he is contender for the starting job. He's smoother than last year but still significantly behind Rosenfels in terms of accuracy and knowledge.

Rookie cornerback Asher Allen, a third-round pick from Georgia, has flashed a number of times during practice and drew strong praise Monday from Childress. Allen is aggressive, fluid and not afraid to stick his nose into a pile. At this point, he appears to have a legitimate chance to win the job at nickel back. Even if he doesn't, it looks like he has a future in that role. On the flip side, I've not noticed free agent Karl Paymah once in defensive drills. Paymah ostensibly was signed to play in the nickel defense.

The team appears to have better depth at linebacker after getting Heath Farwell back from a knee injury and adding fifth-round pick Jasper Brinkley. Farwell made an athletic interception Sunday while chasing tight end Visanthe Shiancoe downfield. Brinkley plays with anger and is going to be a good hitter, perhaps right away on special teams. The Vikings had to go out and sign Napoleon Harris last year when E.J. Henderson was injured, but this year they should be able to absorb an injury internally.

First-round pick Percy Harvin doesn't look comfortable as a punt returner but seems relatively natural as a kickoff returner. Special teams coordinator Brian Murphy agreed with that analysis. Harvin also has a habit of catching the ball with his hands over his shoulder or near his face mask. Murphy termed it an "oddity" and said it will have to be adjusted.

The Vikings are throwing a lot at Harvin right away. In addition to kickoff and punt return duties, they're lining him up in the slot, on the outside and in the backfield. He's also involved in plenty of pre-snap motion and was used in Wildcat formations during minicamp. Coaches believe Harvin can handle the big load. "He has good football IQ," Childress said. "He likes football and has done a few different things. A lot of things we aren't doing for the first time with him."

Tailback Adrian Peterson has never been considered a top-flight pass receiver, but I saw him drop more passes over the past four days than in quite some time. Peterson seemed to be looking upfield too early on some of them, but others simply slipped off his hands. I've seen nothing to suggest that Chester Taylor won't be the third-down back this season.

I'll post a more in-depth look Tuesday at new right tackle Phil Loadholt and how his presence will impact the entire offense. For now, I'll just say he is one big dude who has without question upgraded the position. He still has a lot to learn, but his 6-foot-8 frame allows him to cover for some of his inexperience.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to training camp for the first time tomorrow, should be fun.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm going to training camp for the first time tomorrow, should be fun.
I'll be going up on Friday for the first time, but just for the morning session. I'll put some of my thoughts up on here in the afternoon when I get back.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
B-rand
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
I'm very intrigued by Jaymar Johnson. He has been very impressive so far. He is reportedly as quick as Harvin in some of the drills. I think he will make the team, especially with Allison gone. Thoughts on him???
Everyone is only saying good things about Jaymar this Camp.....things are looking good for him so far. I also like him to be the 5th or 6th WR this year will Allison out of the way.

When I was at camp, Jaymar got very good separation from the DB's in the drills, he just couldn't be covered. However, it appeared that there were not much for set routes during that drill, and he was able to use multiple moves almost every time, whereas in a game situation, I see him more as a slant and slash type player, a one cut and get open thing. He's not Steve Smith yet....
Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Well, I was rather disappointed. My first trip to training camp was the first time practice was held indoors due to weather since 2007. Not much action as players had no pads and just about all of it was without helmets. Pretty much none of the stars did much of anything.

Harvin did pretty much everything imaginable. They lined him up in the backfield, slot, out wide, in motion, etc., and on one play they ran the wildcat. He didn't drop a pass that I saw and caught them cleanly.

Jackson looked good today. He made several good throws, but it also wasn't full go. Sage looked ok, but he made a lot of quick dumpoffs, instead of waiting for the downfield throw. Some of the receivers would have gotten killed on some of the throws as they were lobs or led them into the defender.

Booty looked horrible. He didn't throw a single pass downfield, every throw that I saw was a dumpoff, and a couple probably would have gotten picked off, but the defenders let up.

Hutchinson left practice real early. Berrian and Kleinsasser also left a little earlier(Berrian before Sasser), and none of them returned. Not sure what happened though.

Jaymar Johnson looked real good as well, and was out with the first team offense after Berrian left. I think he has a real good shot to make the team. Rice had another great practice catching everything thrown at him, and making a nice one handed catch on a high pass. None of the other receivers really stood out.

I didn't see much from any of the CBs as they were practicing on the other end of the field, and they didn't do or show all that much during team drills. It looked like Sapp and McCauley were splitting reps in the nickel. I din't see much action from Asher Allen, in fact I only saw him once at the beginning.

Jasper Brinkley was getting reps with the 2nd team along with Farwell and Erin.

Loadholt is massive. He looked quite good, he was moving pretty well for a guy that size. Hicks was getting reps with the first team with Hutch out. Sullivan was in at C with the first team of all that I saw. He looks quite small though, but maybe that was just because he was always close to McKinnie and Loadholt, and even Hicks is pretty good sized. He is listed at 6'4", but looked really close to the same height as Herrera who is listed at 6'2". He looked real lean for 301 that he's listed at.

The DL were right in front of us at the beginning, and Jared and Pat were standing around making jokes the whole 20 minutes before practice that I was there along with a few others while guys like Kevin, Ray Edwards, and Fred Evans were tossing a ball around and other guys were doing some special teams walk throughs.

AD and Chester didn't do much, other than some little RB drills at the beginning, and a few plays in 7s and 11s. A lot of the RB action was split between Young and Johnson. Neither really stood out other than Young made some nice catches out in the flats from Booty.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My trip to training camp pretty much sold me on Harvin. Dude is electric.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
My trip to training camp pretty much sold me on Harvin. Dude is electric.
Same here, and that is a perfect way to describe him. It seemed like every play he was in for, he was doing something. If the ball wasn't going to him, he was at least used as a decoy and set into motion or moved around or put in the backfield or something, which gives me hope that Childress will use him right. He impressed me the most of any body or anything I saw, just above how massive Loadholt is. I was a bit sceptical of the pick, quite a bit at first after they passed up Oher, but landing Loadholt eased up on that a little bit, but I was still very worried about if Childress would use him right. It does seem that he will though, and at the very least is making defenses think about him, even if the ball isn't going to him.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Biggest impressions from the last day of Vikings training camp.

Sullivan vs. Cook:
Ah, the debate over the center position, John Sullivan. Yes he was the starting center on the first team offensive line it appeared. Played ok, but did get a little injured when he got stood up by Pat Williams going a little over half speed. It was a contact scrimmage but not a tackling scrimmage. He went off the field for awhile and seemed pretty shook up by it all. Ryan Cook then got it, not with the first team line but did some reps at center and I loved it.

Sullivan, yes he is a little quicker, maybe can get to the second level better and might have a better understanding of technique However Sullivan ultimately just gets in the way, he is not going to dominate anyone or push anyone around, or (Matt Birk reference) pull and be successful. He knows the little tricks, has good technique but I just hate his frame, something about either his arms or legs are out of proportion to the rest of his body. C

ook on the other hand stands tall clearly, stays in front of the defender and can move people actually and not just be in the way. Cook has starting experience, has NFL experience, he has started 33 games in his three year career. Sure not real successful at tackle but center and tackle are completely different positions. Sullivan has no starting experience at all. Not all that disappointed in him, he gets the job done, not well, but gets it done I guess. Is the clear and obvious weak link on the offensive line however. Showed a little attitude and nasty side on this one play, but other than that he just looked like the little guy on that massive offensive line.

Quarterbacks:
Really not impressed with Jackson or Rosenfels. Rosenfels did throw the ball much better however, was smoother with his release and more accurate. Jackson still cannot seem to tone it down and quit throwing these bullets all the time. It will come down to who is the better leader, Jackson still gets a little too down when he fails. Rosenfels is a veteran but do the players respect him, I do not know. Gus last year at least had some fire, was competitive and intense, and was a leader. Is either of these players that guy? I doubt it, maybe but I doubt it, then again they do not have to do much for the team to win thankfully. Michael Vick anyone? Would be a hell of a lot more dangerous offense, wonder how much money the Vikings have laying around? Then it would be a press nightmare, but it is not like he is Mr. leadership either. Stupid thing is, say the Vikings had Chad Pennington, or an aging Matt Hasselbeck, they would be flat out Super Bowl contenders and both of those players are not Peyton Manning here, sure Hasselbeck back in the day but he is not that type of player anymore. Hopefully one of these two can make it happen.

As for Booty, not very impressed, the ball did not come quickly off of his hands. Not a great arm at all, still has time to grow though and there are a lot worse 3rd string QBs out there than him.

Backup Running backs:
I was very impressed with the backup running backs. Ian Johnson had some good footwork, a little thin in his lower body but fast, quick and can catch the ball well. Really impressed with 35, who I believe is Antone Smith out of Florida State. He made lightning fast cuts, really changed direction well, low to the ground, I would be shocked if he did not make the team. Albert Young played well as well but Smith I must say looked faster and did make quicker cuts.

Just a small note, why did they bring in Kahlil Bell? He is fast in the hole but not very physical and was never that good in college. He got lit up actually in a non tackling scrimmage and actually went down. Saw Brinkley giving him a cocky push in the back as well, was kind of funny.

Fullbacks:
As someone has said before Tahi has to go, the kid is just too out of shape, he looks fat in many respects compared to the other running backs. Broughton on the other hand looks in shape and has a nice build to him. However ultimately can Broughton block that well, will wait and see but physically he would be an upgrade but Tahi is at least a proven blocker, but is a flat out horrible weapon as a receiver, not good hands at all.

Receivers:
Percy Harvin was clearly explosive, very good build but is honestly more of a running back build to him. Can make plays but is not a fluid receiver at this point or a great route runner at all, will see how he develops. Glenn Holt looked pretty good, should be a very solid backup receiver who has NFL experience. And as someone said before Jaymar Johnson looks very good. Very quick, fast, smooth down the field and can separate easily. No wonder why they got rid of Allison, and I would be Johnson becomes the return man for the team over Harvin potentially. Even though Harvin took tons of kickoff returns today. Vinny Perretta I was a little impressed by, he moved really well on the field, probably won’t make the team but still he caught my eye.

Linebackers
Jasper Brinkley looked very good, is a lot faster than I thought and he moved around really well on the field. Should have no problem making the team.

Safeties:
Again my point still stands, I just do not like Tyrell Johnson as a safety. He is very stiff, not fluid, does not react to the ball all that well either. Can he make plays on the ball while it is in the air, well no, yes he can get the job done but if you want a playmaker or game changer at safety, he is not it. Madieu Williams on the other hand is so fluid, so quick, reacts so well and just flows on the football field. Too bad we do not have two of him back there. I always said last season safeties needed to make more plays, that is the only real weak link of the defense.

Hopefully Johnson improves with one year under his belt, but that is what people seemed to think of Willie Offord back in the day as well. And see how that turned out, if you are not good in coverage, you probably never will be that good. Odd position because you want Williams to make plays, so you move him around but that means Johnson is back deep, when in a way if he is supposedly so good at tackling he should be closer to the line. Sanford did not standout to me that much, moved ok on the field but hard to see him tackle when they are doing non tackling drills.

Little side note, it is ridiculous to see Marcus McCauley, he is so afraid to hit anything, he had so much talent out of college but clearly if you cannot tackle well in college do not expect that in the pros.

P.S. Eric Bieniemy is an outstanding running back coach! Peterson is lucky to have a coach like that who will stay on him and push him to improve. I was always impressed with him, even at Colorado as a RB coach.

Last edited by Ozzy : 08-12-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is Jasper Brinkley looking for you guys? I was high on him in the draft?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jasper looks outstanding, almost better than he was in college. Still has the great size and can lay a hit, but moves really well in the open field and is much better in pass coverage than most people thought. He is playing quite well and should easily make the team. Vikings have two very talented young linebackers backing up the big three with Brinkley and Erin Henderson, EJ's little brother.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yes, Ive been impressed by him all offseason so far.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea I liked Erin Henderson dating bacck to HS. He always played my HS every year. Brinley and Henderson should be good.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumors are that Favre might be coming back per some of the Viking players. Of course keep in mind that ESPN is reporting it so take it with a grain of salt (or two). I feel bad for Sage and Tavaris if the story is true. Brett needs to **** or get off the pot.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rumors are that Favre might be coming back per some of the Viking players. Of course keep in mind that ESPN is reporting it so take it with a grain of salt (or two). I feel bad for Sage and Tavaris if the story is true. Brett needs to **** or get off the pot.
I just saw that and it pisses me off. I thought this would be done once Brett said he was staying retired and training camp started. If he comes back now and gets the starting job it would be such ********. The other guys work their ass off in camp to win the competition for the starting job, and then Favre comes and takes it without having to do anything.

I really hope this isn't true, and if Favre is attempting to come back, I'd hope Childress would tell him no you can't come back, it's too late and you had your chance.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:

Last edited by marshallb : 08-17-2009 at 09:34 PM.