Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-04-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three Movies have cracked the 100 point mark so far.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna say they're.. The Dark Knight, Gladiator.. and... The Departed..?
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

In no particular order....
Mystic River
The Departed
Children of Men
Snatch
Blood Diamond
There Will Be Blood
No Country For Old Men
Gladiator
The Dark Night
Harold and Kumar
Borat
Black Hawk Down
Pirates of the Carribean
Dodgeball
The 40 Year Old Virgin
V for Vendetta
Hotel Rwanda
Eastern Promises
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
StackJaxx
Rookie

Location: only gangstas read this. congratulations on being gangsta.
StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.StackJaxx wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

children of men is being vastly underrated.

PM me for sigs.
StackJaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alrighty... This should be hard. Lord of the Rings is my big issue, it really should just be the trilogy but given how it has been treated, I guess I have to rank all 3... Ideally I think the 3 spots should be averaged out to the movies so they are treated as equal.

1. Gladiator
2. The Prestige
3. Lord of the Rings Fellowship
4. Lord of the Rings Two Towers
5. Lord of the Rings Return
6. Snatch
7. Pirates of the Caribbean - Black Pearl
8. V for Vendetta
9. Superbad
10. The Hangover
11. Training Day
12. Swordfish
13. Dodgeball
14. Shrek
15. Remember the Titans

Feel like there are so many that got left off but it still feels right. Tried not to overrate those that I have seen recently as they have not been rewatched to be truely assessed of how they are as movies.

Gladiator is probably the only movie on this list that makes my top 10 though. Which certainly has Braveheart, Shawshank, Fight Club, Usual Suspects, Matrix, Se7en and Lock Stock on it from the 90s. Then you have the Godfather series, Star Wars and Scarface amongst others to consider.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Gladiator
2. The Prestige
3. The Dark Knight
4. Lord of the Rings - The 2 Towers
5. Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
6. Black Hawk Down
7. Kingdom of Heaven
8. Donnie Darko
9. There Will Be Blood
10. Children of Men
11. Blood Diamond
12. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
13. No Country for Old Men
14. Apocalypto
15. 21 Grams
16. Pan's Labyrinth
17. Super Troopers
18. In Bruges
19. Mystic River
20. The Hurt Locker
21. Shaun of the Dead
22. Gangs of New York
23. Waking Life
24. American Psycho
25. High Fidelity

Just missed: The Illusionist, Borat, The Departed, Thank You for Smoking, Babel, 61, The 3 Burials of Miguel Estrada, A Beautiful Mind, King Kong remake, The Fountain, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Memento, Punch Drunk Love, Through A Scanner Darkly, A History of Violence, 28 Days Later, Pitch Black, I Am Legend

Last edited by LizardState : 08-06-2009 at 08:48 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Alrighty... This should be hard. Lord of the Rings is my big issue, it really should just be the trilogy but given how it has been treated, I guess I have to rank all 3... Ideally I think the 3 spots should be averaged out to the movies so they are treated as equal.
See. I feel that the first one is greatly superior in quality to the second two.
It's 'not' one movie...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
1. Gladiator
2. The Prestige
3. The Dark Knight
4. Lord of the Rings - The 2 Towers
5. Lord of the Rings - Return of the King
6. Black Hawk Down
7. Kingdom of Heaven
8. Donnie Darko
9. There Will Be Blood
10. Children of Men
11. Blood Diamond
12. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
13. No Country for Old Men
14. Apocalypto
15. 21 Grams
16. Pan's Labyrinth
17. Super Troopers
18. In Bruges
19. Mystic River
20. The Hurt Locker
21. Saving Pvt. Ryan
22. Gangs of New York
23. Waking Life
24. American Psycho
25. High Fidelity

Just missed: The Illusionist, Borat, The Departed, Thank You for Smoking, Babel, 61, The 3 Burials of Miguel Estrada, A Beautiful Mind, King Kong remake, The Fountain, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Memento, Punch Drunk Love, Through A Scanner Darkly, A History of Violence
Saving Private Ryan was released in 98. Great movie though!
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thought the Illusionist was 10X better than The Prestige

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I was a big fan of the Illusionist also
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes.

really.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 Gladiator
2 Hotel Rwanda
3 Memento
4 Amores Perros
5 Sin City
6 Der Untergang
7 the Pianist
8 Amelie
9 Eternal sunshine on the spotless mind
10 Snatch
11 Children of Men
12 Letters from Iwo Jima
13 Mystic River
14 I am Sam
15 A beautifull mind

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

wow surprised not one mention of one of my personal favorites, lucky number slevin, such a great movie

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10 movies now with 75+ points

Old 08-05-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

I should also mention that, I ONLY count lists that are PMed to me, I don't count them if theyre just posted in here.

So if anyone has posted a list in this thread, but hasnt PMed it, please PM it so I count it.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes you are. Illusionist was good but doesn't come CLOSE to The Prestige.

TDK is a good movie but has worn off on me. If i could i'd go back and try and find a place for Remember The Titans.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
10 movies now with 75+ points
What are they?
Old 08-05-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No order, just as I think of them. Had a bunch of movies that were from 1999 that I had on here at first.

1. The Departed
2. LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
3. Harry Potter 3
4.Gladiator
5. High Fidelity
6. Almost Famous
7. Hotel Rwanda
8. American Gangster
9. Super Troopers
10. The Hangover
11. Batman Begins
12. Catch me if you Can
13. Juno
14. Casino Royale
15. Oceans 11

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot Spirited Away and Thank You for Smoking :(
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot alot of movies too :( Amelie and City of God should of both made my list...TYFS probably should of too, and even Gone Baby Gone...damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

One point separates the top two movies at the moment.

Also, 9 movies have 100+ now

Last edited by comahan : 08-05-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think The Departed is going to be #1 fwiw.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
I think The Departed is going to be #1 fwiw.
I think The Dark Knight or Gladitor could be #1 as well

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KCJ, you completely butchered that post. And of those 3, The Departed definitely deserves to be #1 IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. City of God
2. Memento
3. Oldboy
4. Children of Men
5. No Country for Old Men
6. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
7. The Dark Knight
8. There Will Be Blood
9. Downfall
10. The Departed
11. 28 Days Later
12. American Psycho
13. Donnie Darko
14. Kill Bill Volume 1
15. The 40 Year Old Virgin
16. Baadasssss!
17. Borat
18. Kill Bill Volume 2
19. The Hangover
20. Grindhouse
21. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
22. Knocked Up
23. Dark Days
24. Snatch
25. The Machinist
26. Insomnia
27. Adaptation
28. Ichi the Killer
29. Superbad
30. The Eye
31. Pan's Labyrinth
32. Narc
33. One Hour Photo
34. Thank You for Smoking
35. Uzumaki

After making my list, I couldn't trim it down to just 25. After the Top 15 or so, it was a bit of a crapshoot. Tried to rank them the best I could though. Obviously there's a ton of movies I need to see.