Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 04-19-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is going to replace Charles Brown at LT? Tyron Smith or Matt Kahlil.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Who is going to replace Charles Brown at LT? Tyron Smith or Matt Kahlil.
Kalil (10 char)
Old 04-21-2010, 01:48 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Kalil (10 char)
you think so? I dont disagree but i know coming out of high school i know i was very very impressed with the way Tyron could dominate in the passing game, and i think hes good enough to play in the run game as well. Now i figure he will obviously play the right side if he doesnt move over.

....i guess i wouldnt be surprised if we move one to make room for a guy like Seantrel Henderson, because a talent like that is someone you make room for.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I'm late on this.

Quote:
Linebacker Chris Galippo could become an outsider
A starter all last season at middle linebacker, the junior is facing a challenge this spring from sophomore Devon Kennard, and now Galippo is taking some snaps at the strong-side spot. He says he welcomes chance to learn a new position.

April 27, 2010|By Gary Klein

Chris Galippo started every game, and played nearly every snap, as USC's middle linebacker last season.

The junior from Corona performed well for most of the first half of the schedule, but wore down in the second half when USC suffered three of its four losses.

On Tuesday, the spring position battle between Galippo and sophomore Devon Kennard appeared to shift some when Galippo took about 15 snaps at strong-side linebacker.

It remains to be seen who will be listed as the starting middle linebacker when Coach Lane Kiffin releases an end-of-spring depth chart Friday. But Galippo said he welcomed the chance to learn another position and help provide depth.

"The percentage of somebody getting hurt and me having to step in somewhere is very high," Galippo said. "It's part of the game — guys are going to go down, so whatever they want me to do, I'll do it."

Galippo said defensive assistant Monte Kiffin told him that ‘‘the three best linebackers have got to be on the field" when the Trojans open their season on Sept. 2 at Hawaii.

Malcolm Smith appears set at weakside linebacker and Michael Morgan has been working with the first team at the strong-side spot.

Kennard will undoubtedly figure in the mix after an impressive spring at middle linebacker.

"I made mistakes along the way but I feel like I progressed as spring ball went on," said Kennard, who played defensive end and strong-side linebacker last season.

Linebackers Hayes Pullard of Los Angeles Crenshaw High and Glen Stanley, a junior college transfer, are due to arrive for training camp. But linebacker depth remains an issue because of a heart condition that ended Frankie Telfort's USC career before it began, the possible career-ending neck injury that Jarvis Jones is trying to overcome and Uona Kaveinga's transfer to BYU.

The Trojans could get even thinner.

Junior linebacker Jordan Campbell, who had been held out of early spring practice workouts because violations of team policy, was absent Tuesday and his status with the team is uncertain. Kiffin said he met with Campbell on Tuesday to review an undisclosed situation. Kiffin declined to elaborate other than to say that Campbell had not been arrested.

Campbell could not be reached for comment.

Link
Thoughts on Galippo's possible shift to SAM?
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Sorry, I'm late on this.

Thoughts on Galippo's possible shift to SAM?
i saw the story on that, wouldnt you think that Kennard would be the better fit on the outside due to his pass rushing skills? or is that just me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 is The Year of Mitch Mustain

5 TDs & 300 yds on saturday
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
2010 is The Year of Mitch Mustain

5 TDs & 300 yds on saturday
highly doubt mustain is going to be our boy this year

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
i saw the story on that, wouldnt you think that Kennard would be the better fit on the outside due to his pass rushing skills? or is that just me?
That's where he was featured last season once he made the switch from defensive end. It's easy to see why the coaching staff would entertain the possibility of a competition between Galippo and Kennard - no matter who ends up winning the battle, the other guy will find a way to play anyways, and we all know competition breeds success (as showcased by Carroll).

I'd give the nod to Kennard; he's got superior size, speed and instincts, and he has the ability to be disruptive in the backfield, and he's more adaptable to take on blocks (whereas Galippo struggled mightily in that regard last season).
Old 05-10-2010, 03:08 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That's where he was featured last season once he made the switch from defensive end. It's easy to see why the coaching staff would entertain the possibility of a competition between Galippo and Kennard - no matter who ends up winning the battle, the other guy will find a way to play anyways, and we all know competition breeds success (as showcased by Carroll).

I'd give the nod to Kennard; he's got superior size, speed and instincts, and he has the ability to be disruptive in the backfield, and he's more adaptable to take on blocks (whereas Galippo struggled mightily in that regard last season).
Im just worried if he is stuck in the middle it will take away one of his best weapons....his pass rushing.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
you think so? I dont disagree but i know coming out of high school i know i was very very impressed with the way Tyron could dominate in the passing game, and i think hes good enough to play in the run game as well. Now i figure he will obviously play the right side if he doesnt move over.

....i guess i wouldnt be surprised if we move one to make room for a guy like Seantrel Henderson, because a talent like that is someone you make room for.
Tyron plays on the right side.

as for Kennard, If Monte an Barry think MLB is his best fit, then I'mma go with them.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:14 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:

No he doesn't. I bet you Galippo runs a faster 40 (if you dont remember Kennard was noted for running a terrible 40 at some camp and people questioned his speed), and they are about the same size in height and weight. Galippo has better "instincts" considering he's been playing LB for years, and was one of the finest LB's coming out of HS in the last decade. Galippo's health (spine) is his only real weakness. The only thing I can agree with you is the fact that Kennard will have an easier time taking on blocks.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:30 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Tyron plays on the right side.

as for Kennard, If Monte an Barry think MLB is his best fit, then I'mma go with them.
I know that he played on the right side last year, but i dont know why he wouldnt move over to left side with how great his pass blocking is.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened to Patrick Hall??
Old 05-10-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he doesn't. I bet you Galippo runs a faster 40
If your MLB has to run 40 yards in one play, odds are the play didn't work out well for the defense.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
If your MLB has to run 40 yards in one play, odds are the play didn't work out well for the defense.
I think that was the story of the oregon game.

Quote:
Old 05-10-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think SC will be back this season boys. I really do. I wouldn't rule out a BCS Bowl either.
Ummmm, with the talent at SC, a BCS Bowl is the expectation, so clearly nobody will be surprised. If Kiffin doesn't win the Pac 10, fans will be calling for his head pretty soon after. Way to set the bar low though.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Ummmm, with the talent at SC, a BCS Bowl is the expectation, so clearly nobody will be surprised. If Kiffin doesn't win the Pac 10, fans will be calling for his head pretty soon after. Way to set the bar low though.
Slow time of year, eh?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Slow time of year, eh?
Indeed...I've got football withdraws!

I been hearing the wispers about Dillon Baxter, can't wait to check him out.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Indeed...I've got football withdraws!

I been hearing the wispers about Dillon Baxter, can't wait to check him out.
no whispers. ill yell it...WATCH DILLON BAXTER! hes going to be special!

Quote:
Old 05-12-2010, 06:35 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Galippo is faster than Kennard, so take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Galippo = Kirk Morrison

You could take it whichever way you'd like.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:23 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Galippo = Kirk Morrison

You could take it whichever way you'd like.
I dont mind that comparison i guess. However, i think kirk would be better suited to play OLB.

Quote:
Old 05-29-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's the starting secondary going to look like?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TACKLE So what's the starting secondary going to look like?

TJ Bryant and S. Wright should be the starting corners and should be outstanding, if they play up to their potential they will be fine, regardless of who plays safety.

However I bet the safeties are McAllister and McDonald, however I know very little about them, same can go for the rest of their defensive backs. Two proven guys somewhat in Bryant and Wright but that is about it.

Quote:
619 Galippo = Kirk Morrison
Seriously? Galippo would be lucky to have that much success at the next level, last year he really disappointed to be quite honest, was looked a lot better coming out of high school.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiffin has got to give Mustain a shot.

He did very well on the spring game and Barkley is still just too raw.

One guy in the Trojans roster that I'm all over is Nick Perry. He may have a breakthrough season this year.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote