Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-14-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

leon hall would b ready to start for us day 1 i think- the rest may b not

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

we need to get a solid corner in rounds 1 or 2 that will start for us some time in our season, and will fit our system. There's to much of switching between McQuarters and Webster nd Madison won't be around much longer
Old 03-15-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Curse of Tiki

scott has us taking levi brown in the first round.

i wouldn't be happy taking an OT in teh first round to tell you guys the truth.

this team has a lot of holes.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curse of Tiki View Post
scott has us taking levi brown in the first round.

i wouldn't be happy taking an OT in teh first round to tell you guys the truth.

this team has a lot of holes.
if levi falls to us i think we have to take the guy hes a beast. not very exciting to watch a left tackle play. but its probably the most important position on the team.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BigBlue58KiperIII
Rookie

BigBlue58KiperIII hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It really depends on how management feels about Diehl playing this year and what the plans are for Guy Whimper. Having said that, if Brown is there I think we might have to take him even though I'd rather see us grab Poz or Willis. Even though Leon Hall is very highly rated and ran very well at the Combine, I dont really like him as a pro prospect he got owned by Ginn which is understandable to get burnt by him, but Jarrett domminated him too. I dont think he is a #1 corner and i'd rather take care of our LB needs first.
2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title
BigBlue58KiperIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I must say i'm not a big fan of Levi Brown, but he would fit the new power running style of offense we are seemingly building. I'd rather go CB, OLB, or WR in round one. If we did go Offensive line, i'd trade down a bit and take Ben Grubbs.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind if we got Levi Brown, unless Whimper is beginning to shape up like some of the coaching staff say he is.

However, I am beginning to like the idea of taking Chris Houston in the first. He was very impressive at the combine, perhaps showing up better than Leon Hall. He's a speedster at corner, which I think we need, and I do believe he might be the only cornerback other than Leon Hall who can start for us in his rookie year.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I wouldn't mind if we got Levi Brown, unless Whimper is beginning to shape up like some of the coaching staff say he is.

However, I am beginning to like the idea of taking Chris Houston in the first. He was very impressive at the combine, perhaps showing up better than Leon Hall. He's a speedster at corner, which I think we need, and I do believe he might be the only cornerback other than Leon Hall who can start for us in his rookie year.
im a big believer in the that what u do in college is all that matters- i dont care if somehow ran faster or benched more @ the combine, it is what they can do on the field. Houston was considered a 2nd rounder b4 the combine and no is a top 15-20 pick in most drafts. i just dont want us reaching for a guy who is not as big a producer as every 1 thinks. I'm still in favor of OLB and CB like josh wilson in rd 2

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-15-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
im a big believer in the that what u do in college is all that matters- i dont care if somehow ran faster or benched more @ the combine, it is what they can do on the field. Houston was considered a 2nd rounder b4 the combine and no is a top 15-20 pick in most drafts. i just dont want us reaching for a guy who is not as big a producer as every 1 thinks. I'm still in favor of OLB and CB like josh wilson in rd 2
I agree with you on what you do in college matters, and I think he may have been a first rounder before the Combine too. He literally shut down some of the best wide receivers in college including Jarret, Bowe and Meachem. Leon Hall, the best cornerbacker prospect couldn't handle Jarret while Houston dominated him the entire game just about.

Sometimes having a great combine just allows for people who overlooked you to really see who you were during college. A work out warrior who has nothing but terrible game tape isn't going to go much higher.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

i would take Levi Brown if he came to us in a second. that is the most important part of the offense as left tackle. every teram needs a franchise left tackle. What i like about LB is that he never stops moving his feet when he blocks and he will be a great lineman now with our power rushers jacobs and droughns. Unless as we said before if other lineman shape up to be our franchise left tackle.

Also, I would take Houston if Leon Hall went to the Bills or something, but again if Poz is available i think we will take him. As Houston has shut down guys like Jarrett Bowe and Meachem and through the years the Giants haven't stopped these amazing wide outs. Such as a guy like Steve Smith. He just blows past the Giants secondary everygame we play the Panthers. He's too fast and tooo quick. Houston has lightning quick speed and can keep with these guys and will have an impact on us if we draft him.

The person i like the most at the #20 is Paul Posluszny though. We need an OLb desperately and i think LB will be taken and we can pick up a Josh Wilson corner in the second or the third. Poz is that defensive threat that teams fear of and can make big plays no matter in what situation he's. Especially around the goal line. I would take anyone of these guys at our pick but i think LB will be gone and we could pick up a corner in the 2 or 3 round.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmmm griz, you want poz? i never would have guessed :) lol

but i agree, i would be fine with houston and would also like poz. no way brown slips to the 2nd, but fine by me if we dont take him. CB and LB are just to big of needs right now
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

The more I think about it, the more I start to like the idea of us getting Levi Brown. I think he'd fit in with our style of play. The only thing I'm interested in, did he really have any injury problems through out his entire career? I mean, high school or college. If not, we could use a guy who doesn't leave us hanging at the most important posistion at left tackle every year. *cough* Luke.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The more I think about it, the more I start to like the idea of us getting Levi Brown. I think he'd fit in with our style of play. The only thing I'm interested in, did he really have any injury problems through out his entire career? I mean, high school or college. If not, we could use a guy who doesn't leave us hanging at the most important posistion at left tackle every year. *cough* Luke.
ya if he has had a career free of injuries we should strongly consider him because these days its vitally important to have young, strong guys on the oline- look @ how mangold and dbrick helped the jets this year. But any proneness to injury would turn me off- we have way too many injuries to afford to take another1

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-16-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
grizmoandchodey

definitely but is there anyway to find out if he had any major injuries through his carreer because in college, nvm. on his player description scott wright has this... Quietly had arthroscopic surgery on his knee as a senior and missed some action... i still like him at our spot though because it doesn't seem it affected his game or lead him to more injuries

Last edited by grizmoandchodey : 03-17-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

There are some quiet, low key rumors flying around that the Giants are looking for WR in round one.

If you had to choose one, who would it be?

Meachem is personally growing on me, the kid has all of the tools in the world, second to only CJ and his intangibles/attitude are as strong as you want. I am no advocating taking a WR in round 1 but if we do, he would certainly be my guy and I couldn't help but be happy with him in a Giants uniform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
There are some quiet, low key rumors flying around that the Giants are looking for WR in round one.

Meachem is personally growing on me, the kid has all of the tools in the world, second to only CJ and his intangibles/attitude are as strong as you want. I am no advocating taking a WR in round 1 but if we do, he would certainly be my guy and I couldn't help but be happy with him in a Giants uniform.
WR is a bigger need than most people think. I actually have CB as my number 1 need followed closely by OLB and WR. I think we can go any one of those positions in round 1 and I wouldn't be dissapointed. Although Meachem or Bowe in round 1 are enchanting, i'd rather wait a round or two and pick up a sleeper. This draft is top heavy at both CB and OLB, while the WR is extremely deep. I think that Leon Hall should be at the top of our Big Board. There are a couple of small school sleepers that are late 1st day, early second day picks that can make a difference for us at WR; Laurent Robinson and Mike Walker.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like Anthony Gonzalez alot. It may be a reach in round 1 though.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Eh, I guess I wouldn't cry myself to sleep that night if we picked a wide out in the first. I'm definently not a fan of it though. Like Ricky Bobby mentioned, there are plently of potential sleeper picks later in the draft that could fill that need for wide receiver. If Toomer stays healthy, which I think he should, then we could always raise that sleeper pick to be a great slot receiver.

I really like Brandon Myles after the nice Senior Bowl he had. He was deadly in the red zone drills, which could be what we need. I could imagine having Plax on one side, Sinorice on the other with Myles in the slot for the future. You've got the possesion reciver, the speedster receiver and the balanced receiver.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

WR classes

Long ball threat (ours is Burress)
Possesion WR (Toomer and if we draft him, Steve Smith)
Speedster (Moss)
Power WR(doesn't get knocked over easily, ours is Burress but Anquan Bolden is the perfect example)

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher28 View Post
WR classes

Long ball threat (ours is Burress)
Possesion WR (Toomer and if we draft him, Steve Smith)
Speedster (Moss)
Power WR(doesn't get knocked over easily, ours is Burress but Anquan Bolden is the perfect example)

Burress - 30 years old. Not a reliable route runner.
Toomer - 33 years old. Coming off a knee injury. We can't count on him at this point.
Moss - 24 years old. Injured last year and unproven.
Tyree - Specail teamer, nothing more
Jennings - 28 years old, has proven nothing, will be cut

We need at least two new WRs on our roster next year. Our WRs go only three deep, and Damix has pointed out that Gilbride likes to use spread offenses. I expect us to draft one on day 1 and then let Mix and a couple more UDFA fight it out for the fifth spot.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Slasher28
Rookie

Slasher28 needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Burress - 30 years old. Not a reliable route runner.
Toomer - 33 years old. Coming off a knee injury. We can't count on him at this point.
Moss - 24 years old. Injured last year and unproven.
Tyree - Specail teamer, nothing more
Jennings - 28 years old, has proven nothing, will be cut

We need at least two new WRs on our roster next year. Our WRs go only three deep, and Damix has pointed out that Gilbride likes to use spread offenses. I expect us to draft one on day 1 and then let Mix and a couple more UDFA fight it out for the fifth spot.
agree on this for the most part, but a WR in Day 1 wouldn't be a good decision, we have too many other needs, the only way I'd do that is if Sidney Rice falls to us in the second round

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope
Slasher28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Giants Pride
Rookie

Giants Pride hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I agree with Meachem. I love his measureables and he has production to back them up as well. Plus he is a guy who didnt have an all world supporting cast so you know that teams (esp SEC) were keying on him and he still produced. If we traded back and added another 1st day pick I would like Meachem a lot.

Unless we pick a defensive impact player (read Poz, Nelson, Houston, Willis) at 20 I would trade down.

How do you guys feel about Aaron Sears in round 2? Versatile guy who could provide depth and compete with Seubert for the LG spot. It seems we are going to a power offense so a monster LG would be a nice addition.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants Pride View Post
I agree with Meachem. I love his measureables and he has production to back them up as well. Plus he is a guy who didnt have an all world supporting cast so you know that teams (esp SEC) were keying on him and he still produced. If we traded back and added another 1st day pick I would like Meachem a lot.

Unless we pick a defensive impact player (read Poz, Nelson, Houston, Willis) at 20 I would trade down.

How do you guys feel about Aaron Sears in round 2? Versatile guy who could provide depth and compete with Seubert for the LG spot. It seems we are going to a power offense so a monster LG would be a nice addition.
Sears is a good player. Im strongly in favor of going after a big guard or a tackle early on. I would love Levi Brown 1st round personally because if ur team has a great young foundation on the oline ur set for a while. But yes a guard round 2 if we pick defense round 1 would b fine

sig by jkpigskin

Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

culloden1745 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default late round options

qb....Princeton Shepherd...Hampton
rb....Terry Caulley...Conn.
wr.....David Ball...N. Hampshire
te...Rodney Hannah...Houston
g/t Aaron Brant....Iowa st.
c....Lyle Sendlien...Tex.
de....we have enuff
dt....Ben Siegert...Oregon st.
lb...Kamichael Hall...Ga. tech
s...Melvin Bullitt..Texas a+m
cb..Jon Wade....Tenn.
Not projecting anything but guys who are good 6-7 rds /ofa players who could make the team and contribute.
culloden1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culloden1745 View Post
qb....Princeton Shepherd...Hampton
rb....Terry Caulley...Conn.
wr.....David Ball...N. Hampshire
te...Rodney Hannah...Houston
g/t Aaron Brant....Iowa st.
c....Lyle Sendlien...Tex.
de....we have enuff
dt....Ben Siegert...Oregon st.
lb...Kamichael Hall...Ga. tech
s...Melvin Bullitt..Texas a+m
cb..Jon Wade....Tenn.
Not projecting anything but guys who are good 6-7 rds /ofa players who could make the team and contribute.
Im real big on Mike Walker as a day 2 WR.

Other day 2 names I like:

Marvin White (S)
Garrett Wolfe (WR/RB hybrid)

Those 3 names I think will be day 2 steals, I have more but I would put them in a category one notch below those 3. I think those 3 should be good players in the NFL even though theyre projected as day 2 picks. The rest of my day 2 list is more of a roll the dice type of deal.