Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-08-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Your Dream coaching staff

Little game:
What is your ideal coaching staff, you have a head coach and nine assistents.
for me:
HC: Brian Kelly Cincinnati
OC/TE coach: Kevin Wilson Oklahoma
DC/LB coach: Bud Foster Virginia Tech
Recruiting coordinator/ DL coach: Ed Orgeron Tennesee
RB Coach:Todd McNair USC
QB Coach: Norm Chow UCLA
WR Coach: DJ McCarthey LSU
OLine Coach: Reese Morgan Iowa
DB Coach: Corwin Brown Notre Dame
Special Teams/Uber recruiter: Brian Polian Notre Dame

yeah i know 2 nd guys but they are pretty awesome both of them

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whatever USC's coaching staff is, except I want Tedford as my QBs coach/OC.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach: Pete Carroll
Offensive Coordinator: Steve Spurrier
Offensive line/Tight End: Al Groh
Running back/ Receivers: Houston Nutt

Defensive Coordinator: Nick Saban
Co-Defensive Coordinator: Mickey Andrews
Linebacker/ Secondary Coach: Bo Pelini

Recruiting Coordinator: Ron Zook

A few top names for me in the game, not sure Groh's specific specialty but all I know is that Virginia has good tight ends and offensive lineman quite often. Sure Spurrier is not as dominating as before, but with weapons, he still could be. Then guys like Carroll and Zook, very few recruit better than they do. On defense those guys to me are consistently the best of them all.

Sure a lot of these guys are head coaches but is there rules about that? You said dream coaching staff...haha Still odd choice wicket, Kelly, out of any coach in America?
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

A few top names for me in the game, not sure Groh's specific specialty but all I know is that Virginia has good tight ends and offensive lineman quite often. Sure Spurrier is not as dominating as before, but with weapons, he still could be. Then guys like Carroll and Zook, very few recruit better than they do. On defense those guys to me are consistently the best of them all.

Sure a lot of these guys are head coaches but is there rules about that? You said dream coaching staff...haha Still odd choice wicket, Kelly, out of any coach in America?
Too many chefs in that kitchen.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HC: Les Miles, LSU
OC: Robert Anae, BYU
DC: Kyle Whittingham, Utah
RC: Brennan Carroll, USC
RB Coach: Ron Gould, Cal
QB Coach: Norm Chow, UCLA
WR Coach: Rob Ianello, Notre Dame
OLine Coach: Dave Borbely, Virginia
DB Coach: Ron Cooper, LSU
Special Teams: Joe Robinson, LSU

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's close to 10 mill payout just for coaches lol.. But it is your dream.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok honestly I follow assistants but I am more about following charismatic leaders.

What everyone in the world has Norm Chow as an assistant or QB coach? I say again, it said nothing about assistants and having too many head coaches...

Basically just saying guys I respect. Like Mike Riley, not overly famous but the guy does a damn good job and consistently fields a good competitive football team.

Overall it is all about coaches having a philosophy and being able to instill that into their players, an attitude and a confidence. Few can really do that and be successful. A lot of coaches can coach, few can create a culture and a identity for a football team and a program.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok honestly I follow assistants but I am more about following charismatic leaders.

What everyone in the world has Norm Chow as an assistant or QB coach? I say again, it said nothing about assistants and having too many head coaches...

Basically just saying guys I respect. Like Mike Riley, not overly famous but the guy does a damn good job and consistently fields a good competitive football team.

Overall it is all about coaches having a philosophy and being able to instill that into their players, an attitude and a confidence. Few can really do that and be successful. A lot of coaches can coach, few can create a culture and a identity for a football team and a program.
It's not like I'm copying him or something with the Norm Chow coach thing. I'm well aware of Norm Chow and his works with QBs. I'm a BYU/Utah fan, believe me.. we know our Chow history.

I don't think anyone was really faulting you for it, just pointing out that it's pretty unrealistic to have those coaches on one staff. I tried to be realistic even down to coinciding schemes (ex. Anae and Chow would be excellent partners running a spread offense).

I for one, am not faulting you for your selections though.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach - Pete Carroll, USC

Offensive Coordinator - Dan Mullen, Mississippi State
QB Coach - Steve Sarkisian, Washington
O-Line Coach - Pat Ruel, USC
RB Coach - Ron Gould, Cal

Defensive Coordinator - Nick Saban, Alabama
Defensive Line - Nick Holt, Washington
LB Coach - Ken Norton Jr. , USC
DB Coach - Paul Haynes, Ohio State

Special Teams Coach - Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech
Old 08-09-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach: Frank Beamer Virginia Tech
Offensive Coordinator: Greg Davis, Texas
Defensive Coordinator: Dick Bumpas, TCU
QB Coach: Norm Chow, UCLA
RB Coach: John Settle, Wisconsin
OL Coach: Pat Ruel, USC
D-Line Coach: Charley Wiles, Virginia Tech
Linebackers Coach: Ron Vanderlinden, Penn State
D-Backs Coach: Paul Haynes, Ohio State

Last edited by the_legend_killer : 08-09-2009 at 11:03 PM.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The lack of Meyer saddens me.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach - Kirk Ferentz
Running Backs Coach - Emmit Smith
Wide Receiver Coach - Jerry Rice
OL Coach - Anthony Munoz
DL Coach - Reggie White
DB Coach - Steve Atwater
LB Coach - Kevin Greene
OCoordinator - Jason Garrett
DCoordinator - Mike Ditka
Special Teams Coach - Pete Stoyanovich
Recruiting Coordinator - Jimmy Johnson
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
The lack of Meyer saddens me.
that is because you are a UF homer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Meyer is a slimey tool bag
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
And Meyer is a slimey tool bag
with 2 national titles :)
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meyer is a good recruiter, but his system is a floozy.

Head Coach - Pete Carroll (USC)
QB Coach - Charlie Weis (Notre Dame)
RB Coach - Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)
WR Coach - Lloyd Carr (ex-Michigan)
OL Coach - Kirk Ferentz (Iowa)
DL Coach - Les Miles (LSU)
DB Coach - Jim Tressell (Ohio State)
LB Coach - Joe Paterno (Penn St)
OCoordinator - Norm Chow (UCLA)
DCoordinator - Nick Saban (Alabama)
Special Teams Coach - Frank Beamer (Virginia Tech)
Recruiting Coordinator - Urban Meyer (Florida)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is ridiculous. Not the subject......the ridiculous replies in it.

You people can have any Head Coach you want....and you're taking people like Brian Kelly, Les Miles, and Kirk Feretnz (not a shock who that's from)?
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post

You people can have any Head Coach you want....and you're taking people like Brian Kelly, Les Miles, and Kirk Feretnz (not a shock who that's from)?
My reasoning for Kelly:
I have some pretty big egos with the assistents so i cant use a guy that has to big an ego himself, need more of a people manager, this excludes guys like saban and carrol. The highest profile coaches that are left are prolly meyer and les miles.
I dont like Meyer at all, the guy is a good coach but i wouldnt want him near a team that i would have anything to do with.
Les Miles is a nutcase imo, he is a good emotional leader and he has his qualities but i wouldnt want him either.
I think what kelly has done @ cincy is a bigger achievement than people give him credit for and if ND were to fire charlie (which i dont want, cuz i dont only like him but he has an awesome staff around him and most of them would be gone when charlie would leave) i would want kelly above any other coach.

and i tried to pick actual assistents for my assistents although quite a few of them are coordinators

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This thread is obviously for fun. Take it easy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's for fun, but people can still be called out on odd answers.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Some people like Les Miles' style. I don't see what exactly is wrong with as he is a excellent motivator, football mind, and recruiter.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Coach: Les Miles (LSU)
Offensive Coordinator: Steve Sarkisian (Washington)
Defensive Coordinator: Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)
QB Coach: Scot Loeffler (Florida)
RB Coach: Eddie Gran (Tennessee)
OL Coach: Pat Ruel (USC)
DL Coach: Butch Davis (North Carolina)
LB Coach: Ken Norton Jr. (USC)
DB Coach: Bronco Mendenhall (BYU)
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:54 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Head Coach: Les Miles (LSU)
Offensive Coordinator: Steve Sarkisian (Washington)
Defensive Coordinator: Bob Stoops (Oklahoma)
QB Coach: Scot Loeffler (Florida)
RB Coach: Eddie Gran (Tennessee)
OL Coach: Pat Ruel (USC)
DL Coach: Butch Davis (North Carolina)
LB Coach: Ken Norton Jr. (USC)
DB Coach: Bronco Mendenhall (BYU)
OH yeah! Bronco gettin' some love.