Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Ed Reed A Hall Of Fame?
Yes 59 93.65%
No 4 6.35%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
If he didn't win it last year how could he win it this year no offense lol
Why even wait till the end of the year to give the award out right? No one else is going to make progression as a player.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
EricCartmann
Rookie

EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.EricCartmann wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

For me getting in the Hall has more to do how your peers compare to you at that place in time. During the past 5 years or so who has been better? I say no one... so he easily gets in.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He definitely has the accomplishments to get him in. The only thing that I'd have a problem with is his time in the league. I think players should have to play at least 10 years in the league to make the hall of fame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
The Hall of Fame should get into Ed Reed...
That sounds gross.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How old is he? I think it harms his chances of getting in if he retires early when he has gas in the tank...
Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is 30 now, will be 31 in september
Old 08-09-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be fine with me. The Bengals would get to stop playing him twice a year and I could get over my dirty obsession with watching him play. He's definitely one of my all time favorites.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
He is 30 now, will be 31 in september
Yeah too young. He has only played 7 seasons in the NFL and has amounted 43 interceptions and 65 defended passes. Yes, I do know stats are not everything when considering if a player is good but stats should be important when considering if a player was one of the best all time. He should play at least three more seasons with success for me to be able to consider him as a hall of famer.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Bmjh7mXvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl6UW-r4Pjw
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could you say no? I don't think he will make first ballot, but he will def. make it in eventually imo.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 04:01 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Ed Reed is one of the smartest football players ever. Not to mention he is best playing making DB ever. First ballot HOF whenever he decides to hang em up.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were limited to one vote per position, who would your vote go to, Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu?

As much as I love Ed Reed, it would be tough for me to decline Polamalu's two Super Bowl trophies along with his defensive presence on the field.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i gotta say, for that matter id value DPoY more than SBs

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you were limited to one vote per position, who would your vote go to, Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu?

As much as I love Ed Reed, it would be tough for me to decline Polamalu's two Super Bowl trophies along with his defensive presence on the field.
Polamalu played like **** in the last Superbowl. If he played great than it would boost him.

You can't say one safety is better than the other because of how much better his offense is.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i gotta say, for that matter id value DPoY more than SBs
Agreed. Especially for a position like Saftey. Give me Reed all day.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree to, it seems the super bowl ring thing only counts for QB
Old 08-10-2009, 09:39 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ed Reed and it's not close at all.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point Reed would make the hall before Troy. Hes had a longer and more consistently dominant career.

But when Troy's time is done he'll likely get in. Hes such a talented and unique player that I don't think theres a chance in hell he misses the Hall.

They'll both get in.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree, I see both getting in the HOF when its all said and done. They are the 2 most dominating safetys this decade.

Who do you all think is better right now? I will be biased when I answer it, I guess it depends on what you want your S to do because they do completly different stuff
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Troys better at this point. It was pretty clear Reed had given up trying to play run support. His neck injury probably had alot to do with it, but Reed wasn't the same player last year he has been. Played a great center field, however he wasn't the complete safety he had been before.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take Ed Reed all day every day for a single game because of his knack for being around the ball.

But if there was a limit to one position per year to who would get in, I think it would be tough to see Reed getting in before Polamalu. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think the value of winning a Super Bowl or two while playing is a little bit more important than taking a couple INTs back to the house.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would take Ed Reed all day every day for a single game because of his knack for being around the ball.

But if there was a limit to one position per year to who would get in, I think it would be tough to see Reed getting in before Polamalu. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I think the value of winning a Super Bowl or two while playing is a little bit more important than taking a couple INTs back to the house.
Yes, because of the rest of us value INT over Super Bowls . Quarterbacks and Coaches are the only position where SB rings are relevant for HOF consideration. Every other position would certainly be based on individual accomplishments.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yes, because of the rest of us value INT over Super Bowls . Quarterbacks and Coaches are the only position where SB rings are relevant for HOF consideration. Every other position would certainly be based on individual accomplishments.
Yea, but two Super Bowl victories added to your resume is going to make your chances even higher than they were if you were to go throughout your career without a championship.

I know that it's the common theme to correlate SB wins with QBs and coaches, but in the end, they relate to everyone that plays in the NFL, that is the purpose, right?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, but two Super Bowl victories added to your resume is going to make your chances even higher than they were if you were to go throughout your career without a championship.

I know that it's the common theme to correlate SB wins with QBs and coaches, but in the end, they relate to everyone that plays in the NFL, that is the purpose, right?
I guess Kevin Faulk is a shoe-in for the HoF then. :p
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I guess Kevin Faulk is a shoe-in for the HoF then. :p
You know what I mean...douche, haha

Last edited by JFLO : 08-10-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
When you're a safety and arguably the best player on multiple title winning defenses, you better believe its a factor where Canton is concerned.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote