Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

***Breaking News***

Construction of the "Wall of offseason McStakes" is complete
http://thewall-usa.com/buttons/wallatnight.jpg
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i understand trying to put players that fit what you want to do on your team, and it normally does get ugly, but hes making the team a laughingstock.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i understand trying to put players that fit what you want to do on your team, and it normally does get ugly, but hes making the team a laughingstock.
I mean... I guess broncos fans dont have it too bad. We can't have a winning team, but at least we get round the clock comedy
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BOMBSHELL ALERT coming out of Denver

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-the-broncos/
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamie Dukes is a doucher, so who knows what the news is. At this point with all the chaos that has gone on in Denver this off season, the only thing that would really shock me would be if McDaniels got canned.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigburt63 View Post
Switching from the 4-3 to the 3-4 is hardly giving it a new paint job. It's more like taking it completely apart and building something new. The defense was bad last year, nobody disputes that. How is it switching defensive schemes is such a bad thing? So the crappy players from the 4-3 defense are still comfortable playing in the 4-3 and still playing crappy? Either way you have to bring in new personnel, and it is not a quick fix, so changing schemes is not the worst thing in the world to do. I will agree entirely that they should have gotten more stout at ILB and on the DL, but again, can't do everything in one year.
Yeah, I'm sorry. Not my best metaphor. What I meant was, largely the components of the defense(the players) haven't changed much, they're just being told to line up differently and perform different duties after the snap. Big change, but it won't help them tackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyGopher View Post
Jamie Dukes is a doucher, so who knows what the news is. At this point with all the chaos that has gone on in Denver this off season, the only thing that would really shock me would be if McDaniels got canned.
It's supposedly about Marshall being traded or getting a new contract. Can't confirm it though.

Might explain why Brandon has been sitting out of camp.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
It's supposedly about Marshall being traded or getting a new contract. Can't confirm it though.

Might explain why Brandon has been sitting out of camp.
My guess is traded because Josh McStakes (lol whoever made that up gets a thumbs up) is pretty hard headed from what I can tell. He probably said something like "Let him go, my system can make anyone produce." Plus Eddie Royal is supposedly looking really good so who knows, but my guess is a trade to a contender like the Ravens or Cowboys. The Ravens need a WR to help complete that offense because while Mason is still good, he is not a gamebreaker and he is 35. The Cowboys should never be counted out with Jerry as their owner, plus Roy Williams went down with a wrist injury and who better to replace TO than Baby TO? Plus Shanny might be coaching in Big D next year. If not a trade to one of them my next guess would be the Jets who need a #1 WR badly.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Denver post, Marshall's agent walked in this afternoon and asked for a contract extension now the trial was over with. Marshall was sitting out practice today. The Broncos apparently said they were still not willing to negotiate one, so McGuire re-asked for a trade. Broncos apparently said no to that as well.

Not sure where this is headed.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
According to the Denver post, Marshall's agent walked in this afternoon and asked for a contract extension now the trial was over with. Marshall was sitting out practice today. The Broncos apparently said they were still not willing to negotiate one, so McGuire re-asked for a trade. Broncos apparently said no to that as well.

Not sure where this is headed.

Brandon Marshall and his agent met with Broncos coach Josh McDaniels on Monday, and reiterated that Marshall wants a new contract or to be traded.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/3374771091
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter said there is a standoff in Denver earlier tonight. The story line I heard is the same as you did, they demand either a new deal or a new trade and then Marshall was no where to be found working out. He deserves the money.

EDIT: cvv beat me to it.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is rumor floating around on a Denver radio station that Marshall is going to sue the Broncos regarding his hip injury from last year (that he believes they failed to diagnose properly).

The other rumor from the same radio station regards Favre playing for the Broncos.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Yeah, I'm sorry. Not my best metaphor. What I meant was, largely the components of the defense(the players) haven't changed much, they're just being told to line up differently and perform different duties after the snap. Big change, but it won't help them tackle.
I agree that much of the personnel moves are questionable to say the least. A new front 7 was (is) needed, especially up front. I still would argue that it is not a one offseason project, but I would agree that they could have done MUCH more work in that area.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
There is rumor floating around on a Denver radio station that Marshall is going to sue the Broncos regarding his hip injury from last year (that he believes they failed to diagnose properly).

The other rumor from the same radio station regards Favre playing for the Broncos.
Wow. #1 sounds likely but #2 sounds like a pipe dream.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Alot of smoke but no fire. False alarm...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-pr-faux-pas/
Old 08-17-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

**** you Jamie Dukes, that is not a bombshell. I think that Josh McDaniels is a joke, but Jamie obviously genuinely hates both the Broncos and Josh and he blatantly shows it.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pay that man. He deserves it as the best young wideout not named Calvin Johnson.

EDIT: Actually him and Fitz might be the same age. Obviously if they are, add Fitz to CJ's name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Pay that man. He deserves it as the best young wideout not named Calvin Johnson.

EDIT: Actually him and Fitz might be the same age. Obviously if they are, add Fitz to CJ's name.
Don't forget my boy Greg Jennings. :D
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Josh McStakes (lol whoever made that up gets a thumbs up)
i always knew you loved me
Old 08-18-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha Jamie Dukes is so ******* terrible.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote