Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might be a dislocated kneecap...........................

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no problem. put him on the sidelines for a game or two. keep him hungry and wanting more. if we play horribly then it'll just give him more inner drive when he gets back. plus it'll give daunte something to do.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looked pretty good afterwards on the sideline so who knows when he'll be ready to go, let me know if any new news.

This might be a good time for him to step back for a week or two and just get a differant perspective and let Daunte get beat up for a few rounds.

Funny how it took Staff to get to the pros to actually have to come out of a game with an injury. He took a lot harder shots than that behind an inexperienced line at UGA. I'll hold off on any O-line jokes with this bunch.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Funny how it took Staff to get to the pros to actually have to come out of a game with an injury. He took a lot harder shots than that behind an inexperienced line at UGA. I'll hold off on any O-line jokes with this bunch.
It'd be a joke to call them an O-Line.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've dislocated my kneecap before playing b-ball. Really painful, but not that bad of an injury as long as it pops back in and there's no other damage.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I just saw on the bottom scroll on NFL network that team officials are expecting him back after the bye week. Sounds pretty good actually. Let Daunte get beat up by the Steelers and Packers.

Quote:

Old 10-06-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah no need to rush him back agianst the steelers if he isn't going to be 100%.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to be doom and gloom but we should lose the next 2 games even with our most talented line up on the field. Sucks, but true. If it's possible, sit him ... rest the knee, give Daunte his chance to show he can be a starter in this league again, like the Schwartz has been talking.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me, or does some sort of conspiracy exist where Matthew Stafford cannot win a rookie of the week award? IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

I know I'm a homer, but seriously....
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Is it just me, or does some sort of conspiracy exist where Matthew Stafford cannot win a rookie of the week award? IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

Don't fans vote on that? If so, how often do you think one of our guys is going to win it after we just went 0-16? People just assume everyone on our team sucks........................

Quote:

Old 10-07-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
IMO, he was better than Sanchez in week 3 while leading the Lions to their first victory in 20 weeks and he's not even in the top 5 this week despite throwing for nearly 300 yds and having a QB rating around the mid-80's.

No, I think it's pretty much a fact that Stafford has been better than Sanchez these past two weeks. Just don't tell ESPN that...
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
No, I think it's pretty much a fact that Stafford has been better than Sanchez these past two weeks. Just don't tell ESPN that...
But Stafford isn't in New York!
Old 10-07-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
You still watch ESPN?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Don't fans vote on that? If so, how often do you think one of our guys is going to win it after we just went 0-16? People just assume everyone on our team sucks........................
Agreed, but to not even be nominated in the top 5 this week is pretty bogus considering the other 5's stats. You would think that the NFL would want to pimp at least one of Sanchez or Stafford on a week-by-week basis if they can, as they are probably the two most players the NFL pimped the most heading into the draft.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Agreed, but to not even be nominated in the top 5 this week is pretty bogus considering the other 5's stats. You would think that the NFL would want to pimp at least one of Sanchez or Stafford on a week-by-week basis if they can, as they are probably the two most players the NFL pimped the most heading into the draft.
I'd say it was Aaron Curry and Mark Sanchez.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crap, Stafford going back to see Dr. Andrews this week. His knee swelled up again. He he needs surgery he is done for the year. I hope we don't have our usual Lions luck with this one. If not our season next year is greatly affected.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i doubt its anything that would take an entire year of rehab, it's not like he shredded his knee like culpepper. hopefully any surgery would just be minor cleanup stuff that would only take a month or 2. hopefully the doc just tells him to rest for 2 weeks.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Stafford can return after the bye (assuming CJ is healthy) it is very possible the Lions could win 3 of 4 games. I know, I know, getting ahead of myself ... and those are 2 "if's" about CJ & MS health but Rams, Seahawks & Browns could all result in W's if we have the 1st team arsenal. If not, our back-ups are awful, all bets off.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Crap, Stafford going back to see Dr. Andrews this week. His knee swelled up again. He he needs surgery he is done for the year. I hope we don't have our usual Lions luck with this one. If not our season next year is greatly affected.
I wouldnt call this luck. I would say this is expected. Luck assumes chance.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery, but if he does he better have it. No gambling with our franchise player. I don't want to see him try and rehab the knee if the doctors suggest surgery.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery. Today's game was real painful to watch and it makes me wonder how anyone thought Jason Smith or Aaron Curry would have been good picks for us.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I hope Stafford doesn't need surgery. Today's game was real painful to watch and it makes me wonder how anyone thought Jason Smith or Aaron Curry would have been good picks for us.
...and yet yesterday's game was missing the the player we took instead of Smith or Curry.

So, again, I didn't see the game. From what I heard the whole offense was bad (not just Daunte). Do you think Stafford playing would have been the difference?
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't know if Stafford would have made a difference. So many factors go into it. Quickly release for Stafford but no run game, receivers couldn't get open and Stafford has never seen an NFL 3-4. Pack D was fired up with Matthews coming out and Bigby back. That int though by C-Pepper was a bad throw, not high enough on the screen to Smith but it was a good play by Cullen Jenkins. That pick changes the game right away. Puts us down 14-0 right away.

Calvin would have had an impact though.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

We wouldn't have won with Stafford, but we wouldn't have gotten shut out. Culpepper and Stanton were terrible. Stafford gives us the best chance to win, and it's really not close.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

despite a complete lack of help from anyone on offense, I thought Matt looked good today.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote