Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-13-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What's up with Chargers fans being so negative? Seriously. You live in the nicest city in America and your team has been a winner for the past 5-6 seasons. Go to the beach and chill out. I'd understand if you were from Detroit.
I went surfing this morning before work. A little overcast, the water was cool, but I like it like that. Board's still in the truck bed and I might go again after work.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh my god, if people are going to cry and randomly bring up Rivers every time I voice an opinion about Cutler, I'll stop.

Just kidding, I still think it's pretty funny. Because now it's the Bears fans!

God forbid the guy get discussed on a message board during the same offseason he literally whined his way out of Denver.

I don't think I'm negative BF, usually I am pretty sunny...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
....someone doesn't like Cutler

Jay didn't want to play in Denver. That is his call. They are his emotions and his thoughts. The coach was a D-bag to him. The organization made it a public match. Jay simply didn't want to play for that coach. It wasn't a 'meltdown' unless you look at it from the Denver perspective. Jay was strong with his intentions and got out of that crap situation. Why doesn't he have a right to do that? Odds are there were things done to lead to that situation, and they aren't all on Jay.

Get some perspective? You don't think QBs get input on teams? I'm talking those QBs who are set on their teams, not someone in a battle or in question. This is something that is obvious. Read his quote - "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them." I don't see what is wrong with this. He THINKS they are going to ask him. If not, he's going to provide his input, they can choose to take it or leave it. He is leading this offense, and he has stake in it too.

Not a shot or anything, but maybe you are the one who needs some perspective.
Come on, this is definitely a shot, and an unncessary one. My only statement was that Jay doesn't view himself as a player on the roster, but rather something more. Which to some degree is true, because he is more important, but that's not how business in the NFL works, at least when it's going smoothly.

It wasn't Jays' "call" to decide where he wanted to play. I can understand that somehow you came down on his side but seriously the guy was under contract and beloved by the fans. He added substantially to the pile of crap that got him out of Denver.

He was offended at the potential TB trade, and by not brushing it aside and going about his business, he turned it into something bigger. It was Cutler's side that made it a public match, don't forget.

And I believe the Denver situation definitely qualifies as a meltdown. Terrible communication and mistakes on both sides sent the single most important player on the squad packing. I'm hardly the first to use the term, is this really something you have an issue with?

I'm sure QBs do get input on team makeup...but why is Cutler going out of his way to say that if they don't ask him, he is going to tell them (management.)? Especially...to the press?

It's not necessary. It doesn't make him look better. If anything he's calling out the Bears FO to include him, which isn't ideal behavior for a franchise QB.

One last thing; just because I'm a Bolt fan doesn't mean I don't have reasoning behind my opinions:

I don't think I'm the only person to not be a fan of Cutler's behavior, quotes, and actions this offseason. The only reason I've bothered typing this out is because I was literally called out for having lost perspective. So there's my perspective. Is it really that offensive?

I think Jay is going to have a great career in Chicago btw. He's clearly an ace on the field.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how did Rivers get into this?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I find it funny you attack Jay on this when you probably have the biggest douche in the league under center as your QB.
Ummm, I hardly see how his statement was an "attack" of any sort.

I'm almost mad that Jay isn't in Denver anymore just because I wanted to see him and Rivers go at it for another 8 years, it's obvious these fans don't really like eachother very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
So how did Rivers get into this?
there's a "that's what she said" joke in there somewhere.

but come on, you don't think every other QB doesn't have a sense of "I call the shots" on their team and the offense? especially one who just fetched a ton in a trade, trying to set his place on the team as the leader. You think guys like the Mannings, Brady, Brees etc. don't have say?

You bet your ass Eli's gonna have a big input on which of the young, mediocre/under-achieving WR's makes the Giants squad (i'm a giants fan, kill me for using them as the example, but whatever)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares, it's Jay Cutler.

Happy Jay Cutler day all!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ummm, I hardly see how his statement was an "attack" of any sort.

I'm almost mad that Jay isn't in Denver anymore just because I wanted to see him and Rivers go at it for another 8 years, it's obvious these fans don't really like eachother very much.
I think it would have been a pretty killer rivalry for a long time as well.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Come on, this is definitely a shot, and an unncessary one. My only statement was that Jay doesn't view himself as a player on the roster, but rather something more. Which to some degree is true, because he is more important, but that's not how business in the NFL works, at least when it's going smoothly.

It wasn't Jays' "call" to decide where he wanted to play. I can understand that somehow you came down on his side but seriously the guy was under contract and beloved by the fans. He added substantially to the pile of crap that got him out of Denver.

He was offended at the potential TB trade, and by not brushing it aside and going about his business, he turned it into something bigger. It was Cutler's side that made it a public match, don't forget.

And I believe the Denver situation definitely qualifies as a meltdown. Terrible communication and mistakes on both sides sent the single most important player on the squad packing. I'm hardly the first to use the term, is this really something you have an issue with?

I'm sure QBs do get input on team makeup...but why is Cutler going out of his way to say that if they don't ask him, he is going to tell them (management.)? Especially...to the press?

It's not necessary. It doesn't make him look better. If anything he's calling out the Bears FO to include him, which isn't ideal behavior for a franchise QB.

One last thing; just because I'm a Bolt fan doesn't mean I don't have reasoning behind my opinions:

I don't think I'm the only person to not be a fan of Cutler's behavior, quotes, and actions this offseason. The only reason I've bothered typing this out is because I was literally called out for having lost perspective. So there's my perspective. Is it really that offensive?

I think Jay is going to have a great career in Chicago btw. He's clearly an ace on the field.
When i said it wasn't meant to be a 'shot' i meant it. I only threw it in because you used that saying and I wanted it to be known that it goes both ways.

Cutler did make the call that he didn't want to play in Denver. Sure he was under contract, but this isn't the first time players have demanded a trade. Fact is, it is usually about money, this one wasn't. Cutler took a hard stance at a coach who came in and tried to trade him right off the bat. Not a vote of confidence. He then proceeded to lie to him and basically take the relationship down a road with no trust. Cutler didn't want to play for someone like that, didn't want to have to be looking over his shoulder, and he wants to be confident and know that he's safe. I don't think that is unreasonable given that he's a young stud QB. McDaniels disrespected him. Denver got something for him, be happy. He did add to the pile that got him out of Denver, but he certainly didn't start it. Fans have nothing to do with this situation.

I agree it was a meltdown, but I would say it was Denver management that melted down, not Cutler. Hidden agendas, lies, and a new cocky coach? Appealling. Is that how you treat your 'best player' and QB? You go in, setup groundwork, talk, communicate, build trust, and work together. McDaniels failed. Cutler wanted nothing to do with it.

Out of his way to say this? He was asked by the media. Him saying that is not something that has never happened before. What he said makes total 100% sense. Management should hear what he has to say. I don't get your stance on this.

The fact that you are a Chargers fan doesn't make a difference to me in the slightest, i just don't agree with your 'perspective' in this instance.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, I'll leave now.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So who are the receivers Cutler has been connecting with most in TC? Who are his "trusted" ones?

The Bennett connection is easy to look at and talk words about it. But is there real substance behind it all? Who is Cutler really looking at?
Well the receivers he really likes have combined less than 10 NFL catches.

Earl Bennett he really likes, then Devin Hester obviously, the other 2 are Rideau, a 6'3'' receiver, and Devin Aromashudo (sp?). Both of the latter have impressed in the OTAs and TC. Bennett looks a lot better after he digested the playbook it seems

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So it's a surprise that if a QB has a broner for you, you tend to get more playtime?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post

Sorry, I'll leave now.
It's all good, it gives me an excuse to post my favorite inexplicable Rivers image.

Those are definitely good points Vilma, see my PM. Overall I do admit the Cutler mess leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I think it was just so so easily avoidable. But McDaniels and Jay are obviously very proud guys.

Last edited by CC.SD : 08-13-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's hilarious that no fan from the AFC west is allowed to voice an opinion on Cutler.

I wish I could call Cutler a douche without having everyone get all "ZOMG you just hate him because he isn't on your team anymore hahahahaha"

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I think it's hilarious that no fan from the AFC west is allowed to voice an opinion on Cutler.

I wish I could call Cutler a douche without having everyone get all "ZOMG you just hate him because he isn't on your team anymore hahahahaha"
It's okay there's still no restrictions on McDaniels.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post

Show me a post pre-trade where you say he's a douche and you'll have some credibility.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it would have been a pretty killer rivalry for a long time as well.
Yeah, it would have been. We'll have to settle for Rosenfels/Cutler instead.

Doesn't have the same ring to it. Its like instead of Batman vs Joker you have Batman vs Pacman.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

Doesn't have the same ring to it. Its like instead of Batman vs Joker you have Batman vs Pacman.
Van Helsing vs. Igor
Old 08-13-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

We have Rodgers vs Cutler vs Stafford

Old 08-14-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He didn't go out of his way in saying that he would give input to the coaches about the WR's, he was asked a question and responded. If the coaches don't ask Jay what he likes and doesn't like there is a problem. He's a new QB in a new system with new receivers. You have to see Jay's comfort level throwing to these guys. Again if you read the interview transcript he also said that he and Turner have been on the same page this entire offseason on what they'd like to do, but Jay also stated that he thinks he should have input on these WR's because he's the one that is throwing to them on Sunday's. If he doesn't feel comfortable with one of the guys out there then he should say something, it's called feedback.

Secondly, McDaniels was the one that decided to open up trade conversations about Matt Cassel and then proceeded to lie to Jay when he confronted him about the trade. No coach in their right mind considers trading their All-Pro QB for a guy who still is unproven at the NFL level, regardless if he is the "better fit for the system." McDaniels was ******* stupid for considering this trade and it back fired on him. Jay lost trust in his coach and wanted out. Did Jay jump the gun? Sure he did, I think he could have cooled off for a couple weeks and maybe this thing blows over, but Jay believed that he was lied to by the coach and since he didn't trust him he asked for a trade. Denver had their franchise QB in place, I don't see why McDaniels felt the need to weigh other opportunities for the position. Matt Cassel may be a good QB down the road but Jay Cutler is one of the best young QB's in the game. He was the face of the franchise and he had solidified the most important position in football for a very good organization. No team in their right mind tries even considers trading that type of player for a player like Matt Cassel. McDaniels didn't even both seeing what Cutler could do in his system before doing this.

I think all Jay was asking for was honesty from the Head Coach and he felt that he couldn't even get that from him, which is why he asked for the trade.

I really could care less what you think of Cutler. Love him, hate him it doesn't really matter. But this story was a complete non-issue and you decided to bring up the fact that he thinks he's basically bigger than the team, which is completely untrue. Jay was asked a question and he answered it. I can guarantee you that he's not the only one who would say that he would like to have input on what WR's should be higher on the depth chart. Ask the Bear coaches and players what they think of him and you'll hear very good things so far about how he's been "just another guy." The coaches have raved about his leadership and work ethic so far. I know some will say that this is just an act and if things get bad he's going to turn 180 degrees but until that happens, why even make this story relevant? It's like people are trying to find things he says to bring him down because they don't like him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's kind of hard to put other players in Jay's situation in Denver because this has never happened. No team has attempted to trade their franchise QB behind his back before from what I can remember. But do you think Rivers would handle this properly if the Chargers brought in a new coach that tried to trade him right off the bat? Or how about if Atlanta discussed trading Matt Ryan?

This never happens in the NFL. Jay is a very outspoken person and it probably added to the situation, but at the same token put yourself in his position. If a new coach tried to trade you behind your back and then lied to you about it, how would you react?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a business, not personal. Cutler took it personally, like he does with everything; if he had treated it like business he would still be a Denver Bronco. McDaniels doesnt owe it to Cutler to be completely honest, he's the boss.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Buisness wise, it is better to change a team and have job security than dont

Old 08-14-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Buisness wise, it is better to change a team and have job security than dont
There isn't any job security in the NFL.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
There isn't any job security in the NFL.
yes, but neither is there anywhere. But id rather be a QB in a place that commits to me until i play horribly than a place where they want to trade me after i went to the pro bowl and carried the team