Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jay Cutler is a *****.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Rodgers > Jay Cutler + Phillip Rivers
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
He didn't go out of his way in saying that he would give input to the coaches about the WR's, he was asked a question and responded. If the coaches don't ask Jay what he likes and doesn't like there is a problem. He's a new QB in a new system with new receivers. You have to see Jay's comfort level throwing to these guys. Again if you read the interview transcript he also said that he and Turner have been on the same page this entire offseason on what they'd like to do, but Jay also stated that he thinks he should have input on these WR's because he's the one that is throwing to them on Sunday's. If he doesn't feel comfortable with one of the guys out there then he should say something, it's called feedback.

Secondly, McDaniels was the one that decided to open up trade conversations about Matt Cassel and then proceeded to lie to Jay when he confronted him about the trade. No coach in their right mind considers trading their All-Pro QB for a guy who still is unproven at the NFL level, regardless if he is the "better fit for the system." McDaniels was ******* stupid for considering this trade and it back fired on him. Jay lost trust in his coach and wanted out. Did Jay jump the gun? Sure he did, I think he could have cooled off for a couple weeks and maybe this thing blows over, but Jay believed that he was lied to by the coach and since he didn't trust him he asked for a trade. Denver had their franchise QB in place, I don't see why McDaniels felt the need to weigh other opportunities for the position. Matt Cassel may be a good QB down the road but Jay Cutler is one of the best young QB's in the game. He was the face of the franchise and he had solidified the most important position in football for a very good organization. No team in their right mind tries even considers trading that type of player for a player like Matt Cassel. McDaniels didn't even both seeing what Cutler could do in his system before doing this.

I think all Jay was asking for was honesty from the Head Coach and he felt that he couldn't even get that from him, which is why he asked for the trade.

I really could care less what you think of Cutler. Love him, hate him it doesn't really matter. But this story was a complete non-issue and you decided to bring up the fact that he thinks he's basically bigger than the team, which is completely untrue. Jay was asked a question and he answered it. I can guarantee you that he's not the only one who would say that he would like to have input on what WR's should be higher on the depth chart. Ask the Bear coaches and players what they think of him and you'll hear very good things so far about how he's been "just another guy." The coaches have raved about his leadership and work ethic so far. I know some will say that this is just an act and if things get bad he's going to turn 180 degrees but until that happens, why even make this story relevant? It's like people are trying to find things he says to bring him down because they don't like him.

Ugh really just do not feel like continuing down this road. Ultimately I think everyone is a little overreactive when it comes to Cutler...either not liking him for his off the field BS or being overly defensive and coming to his rescue. Let's just watch football.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I find it funny you attack Jay on this when you probably have the biggest douche in the league under center as your QB.
Unlike Cutler, Rivers actually doesn't grab his crotch in front of a stadium when his team is losing. He's actually busy trying to help his teammate win unlike Jeff George Dos.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
....someone doesn't like Cutler

Jay didn't want to play in Denver. That is his call. They are his emotions and his thoughts. The coach was a D-bag to him. The organization made it a public match. Jay simply didn't want to play for that coach. It wasn't a 'meltdown' unless you look at it from the Denver perspective. Jay was strong with his intentions and got out of that crap situation. Why doesn't he have a right to do that? Odds are there were things done to lead to that situation, and they aren't all on Jay.

Get some perspective? You don't think QBs get input on teams? I'm talking those QBs who are set on their teams, not someone in a battle or in question. This is something that is obvious. Read his quote - "I think they're definitely going to ask me. If they don't ask me, I'm going to tell them what I think because I've got to be the one throwing to them on game day, and I've got to trust them." I don't see what is wrong with this. He THINKS they are going to ask him. If not, he's going to provide his input, they can choose to take it or leave it. He is leading this offense, and he has stake in it too.

Not a shot or anything, but maybe you are the one who needs some perspective.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/...et-traded.html

"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler told Fox Sports. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't."
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What's up with Chargers fans being so negative? Seriously. You live in the nicest city in America and your team has been a winner for the past 5-6 seasons. Go to the beach and chill out. I'd understand if you were from Detroit.
I call like it like I see it. And I've been on his case ever since that incident in SD in 2007. As a SD fan, I'm actually upset that Mr. Choker is gone.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Ugh really just do not feel like continuing down this road. Ultimately I think everyone is a little overreactive when it comes to Cutler...either not liking him for his off the field BS or being overly defensive and coming to his rescue. Let's just watch football.
The problem is, there is a lot of posturing and hypocrisy coming from the Cutler supporters.

They say he had a right to pout because McDaniels wasn't up front with him, or didn't like him, whatever. That a player needs to feel he can trust the coach. He wants job security.

Well, does anyone even remember how Cutler arrived in Denver? Shanahan moved up in the draft, months after Jake Plummer took them to the AFCCG, and subsequently replaced him after Thanksgiving of that season. The Broncos were 7-4 or 7-5 (can't remember) and still had a chance to make the playoffs.

Couldn't Plummer have reacted in the same way after they drafted Cutler? Couldn't he have skipped OTA's, ignored his bosses phone calls, and demanded a trade?

I can predict what the response from the other side would be. "BUT CUTLER IS SOOOO SO MUCH BETTER THAN PLUMMER!! HE WAS A PRO BOWLER LAST YEAR!"

Guess what, Plummer was also coming off of a Pro Bowl season. And three straight playoff appearances.

Mike Shanahan simply hated Jake Plummer, and Jake dealt with it, giving that man the last glimmer of success he'll ever taste in the NFL.

Last edited by San Diego Chicken : 08-14-2009 at 04:25 PM.
San Diego Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Jay Cutler is a *****.
Matt Ryan waxes his eyebrows.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniels doesn't owe it to his franchise QB to be completely honest? Are you ******* kidding me? If you want to keep your job in the NFL you have to be honest with your players to keep their trust. Everyone else (the media, fans, etc) doesn't really matter, but lying to your players is going to get you in hot water very quickly because in the end, it's how the players perform on the field that determines whether you keep your job.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Unlike Cutler, Rivers actually doesn't grab his crotch in front of a stadium when his team is losing. He's actually busy trying to help his teammate win unlike Jeff George Dos.
You either love Jay or you hate him but Rivers is just as much of a douche as Cutler is. Those two are outside of Favre probably the most disliked Quarterbacks in the league.

It also helps when you have LT/Turner running the rock and a beastly defense to rely on as well, although Rivers is a helluva QB.

This was much ado about nothing. He's cocky and says whatever is on his mind, this isn't a surprise to anyone. When something he says is actually relevant to him being a douche then fine but any good QB is going to give feedback to his coaches, especially one that is with a new team in which the WR's have been questioned.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You either love Jay or you hate him but Rivers is just as much of a douche as Cutler is. Those two are outside of Favre probably the most disliked Quarterbacks in the league.

It also helps when you have LT/Turner running the rock and a beastly defense to rely on as well, although Rivers is a helluva QB.

This was much ado about nothing. He's cocky and says whatever is on his mind, this isn't a surprise to anyone. When something he says is actually relevant to him being a douche then fine but any good QB is going to give feedback to his coaches, especially one that is with a new team in which the WR's have been questioned.
Seriously guys this isn't a Rivers thread. Just once I want to see a thread about Cutler that does not inevitably lead to someone spouting off some amazingly original Rivers material or arguments.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
McDaniels doesn't owe it to his franchise QB to be completely honest? Are you ******* kidding me? If you want to keep your job in the NFL you have to be honest with your players to keep their trust. Everyone else (the media, fans, etc) doesn't really matter, but lying to your players is going to get you in hot water very quickly because in the end, it's how the players perform on the field that determines whether you keep your job.
Dude you're supporting a guy who basically demanded that the Broncos give him a say in who gets hired as HC after Shanahan was let go, and then asked for a trade after his OC Jeremy Bates was let go. And to top it off, he played mind games with the FO as well, and only after he is finally traded did he start to regret being traded. He's freaking a spoiled brat who doesn't know what he wants.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude you're supporting a guy who basically demanded that the Broncos give him a say in who gets hired as HC after Shanahan was let go, and then asked for a trade after his OC Jeremy Bates was let go. And to top it off, he played mind games with the FO as well, and only after he is finally traded did he start to regret being traded. He's freaking a spoiled brat who doesn't know what he wants.
Half of your posts on this board are bitching about Culter. Move on.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Half of your posts on this board are bitching about Culter. Move on.
I suggest you move on since you're in the wrong thread. You can't refute what I said so you're just putting your hands to your ears hoping that I'm wrong, but you'll see what I mean when he starts losing and choking like he always does and turning on the media. I can't wait for that day. Though your team does have my sympathies. You guys deserve better than Jeff George reincarnate.

Last edited by Xenos : 08-15-2009 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does this matter? McNabb has a say in who makes the roster, I mean he just got the Eagles to sign Vick. Of course you're going to have some locks like Hester, Bennett and even Olsen but when you're deciding who you're going to keep as the #4, 5 or 6 receivers and #3 TE, why wouldn't you ask your QB? You want the players that he is comfortable throwing to and has trust in, so who cares?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Why does this matter? McNabb has a say in who makes the roster, I mean he just got the Eagles to sign Vick. Of course you're going to have some locks like Hester, Bennett and even Olsen but when you're deciding who you're going to keep as the #4, 5 or 6 receivers and #3 TE, why wouldn't you ask your QB? You want the players that he is comfortable throwing to and has trust in, so who cares?
Here's the thing though, I don't think Cutler has done enough to warrant the same level of respect and command that McNabb has. In fact, people are too enarmored with his physical talent and not looking at the entire picture.

For example, he has one of the strongest arms in the league, but his deep ball accuracy is horrible. And because he has such a strong arm, he lacks touch on his throws, especially in the redzone where he just tries to gun it in all the time. In fact, he relies on that rocket arm too much instead of playing smart and taking what the defense gives him. It's one reason why he had so many needless interceptions last year. That and his tunnel vision when it comes to locking on to one receiver.

But in the end, I see him as a QB who just doesn't have what it takes to overcome adversity. Really, all he had to do last year to make the playoffs was beat the Raiders the second time at home. That's it. Forget the last four game slide. Just the freaking Raiders. I keep bringing them up because it was the one game against a sorry opponent where he had a good running attack with Peyton Hillis. And it wasn't even a close game.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's the thing though, I don't think Cutler has done enough to warrant the same level of respect and command that McNabb has. In fact, people are too enarmored with his physical talent and not looking at the entire picture.

For example, he has one of the strongest arms in the league, but his deep ball accuracy is horrible. And because he has such a strong arm, he lacks touch on his throws, especially in the redzone where he just tries to gun it in all the time. In fact, he relies on that rocket arm too much instead of playing smart and taking what the defense gives him. It's one reason why he had so many needless interceptions last year. That and his tunnel vision when it comes to locking on to one receiver.

But in the end, I see him as a QB who just doesn't have what it takes to overcome adversity. Really, all he had to do last year to make the playoffs was beat the Raiders the second time at home. That's it. Forget the last four game slide. Just the freaking Raiders. I keep bringing them up because it was the one game against a sorry opponent where he had a good running attack with Peyton Hillis. And it wasn't even a close game.
The bolded part sounds exactly like McNabb.

And it isn't the amount clout and accomplishments that should determine whether or not you deserve to have a say. Cutler could be the worst QB in the NFL and he should still have a say. The coaching staff should defer to him when they have to make a tough roster cut because Jay Cutler is the one throwing the ball, he is the one who has to be comfortable with his targets, not the coaching staff, chemistry and timing is important to Cutler not the coaching staff. Like I said in every team in the NFL you've got players that are absolutely not going to be cut, but when you're trying to decide who makes the roster between say, Devin Aromashodu and John Broussard, it is my opinion that the coaching staff should at least ask the QB who he likes better.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

2 guesses.

You are a Broncos fan.

You loved Cutler in Denver.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Cutler is not "just another player." He's the starting quarterback and one of the best in the league.

You think Peyton Manning doesn't walk around like he's king ****? Gimme a break.
so, is this what you'd be saying if it was Brett Favre (1 or 2 years ago) that said that exact thing?

now, be honest.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre is an attention ***** though, so he is an execption

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
so, is this what you'd be saying if it was Brett Favre (1 or 2 years ago) that said that exact thing?

now, be honest.
My issue with Favre has always been that the media portrays/ed him as this team player/great guy/wrangler jeans wearning cowboy, when in fact he's a complete prima-donna. I have NEVER said Cutler wasn't a prima-donna, what I said is that at the end of the day way too much has been made out of it because most quarterbacks act like their **** doesn't stink.

If the media was more fair with Favre my criticisms would have been signifnicantly less.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I suggest you move on since you're in the wrong thread. You can't refute what I said so you're just putting your hands to your ears hoping that I'm wrong, but you'll see what I mean when he starts losing and choking like he always does and turning on the media. I can't wait for that day. Though your team does have my sympathies. You guys deserve better than Jeff George reincarnate.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
2 guesses.

You are a Broncos fan.

You loved Cutler in Denver.
He's a Bolt fan

And I doubt that.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
<===3
Rookie

<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.<===3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a lot of things. Doesn't mean I'll get them.
<===3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
My issue with Favre has always been that the media portrays/ed him as this team player/great guy/wrangler jeans wearning cowboy, when in fact he's a complete prima-donna. I have NEVER said Cutler wasn't a prima-donna, what I said is that at the end of the day way too much has been made out of it because most quarterbacks act like their **** doesn't stink.

If the media was more fair with Favre my criticisms would have been signifnicantly less.
Hey I understand that you don't like what I said. I'm not against the Bears. I disliked what I've seen of Cutler long before he was your QB. I'm just saying that there is baggage with the guy, and it really almost has nothing to do with the whole thread title complaining about him wanting more say in the roster.

And it's not even the type of baggage where he's a prima donna but he's good at what he does. It's the type where he's a prima donna but he's so dang inconsistent in his play. His highs are incredible but his lows are downright infuriating. Think a slightly better Rex Grossman, only not as many problems stem necessarily from the deep throws.

Last edited by Xenos : 08-15-2009 at 07:53 PM.