Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah...just slightly better than Rex Grossman...good one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
I suggest you move on since you're in the wrong thread. You can't refute what I said so you're just putting your hands to your ears hoping that I'm wrong, but you'll see what I mean when he starts losing and choking like he always does and turning on the media. I can't wait for that day. Though your team does have my sympathies. You guys deserve better than Jeff George reincarnate.
Were you saying these negative things about him when he was on your team or were you calling him your franchise QB? Exactly so stop talking.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think somebody said he was a Chargers fan... so he probably was.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Were you saying these negative things about him when he was on your team or were you calling him your franchise QB? Exactly so stop talking.
You do realize that I'm a Chargers fan right? I'm just happy that the Denver fans are beginning to realize what type of person he truly is. You'll come to realize that fact too.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah...just slightly better than Rex Grossman...good one.
Well, until he stops locking onto one receiver and relying on his arm strength instead of his brain, he'll have that stigma in my mind.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I think somebody said he was a Chargers fan... so he probably was.
that just means he hated Cutler from the get go cause he is from the broncos

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:
BOURBONNAIS, Ill. -- One game into the preseason and already Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has had to smooth things out with one of his wide receivers.

Cutler commented to reporters about wide receiver Devin Hester's failure to break up an interception on a pass that fell short Saturday night following the team's 27-20 preseason loss to Buffalo. His remark seemed to rub some people the wrong way.

"Devin is more of a go-get-it guy; he is not really a back shoulder or jump-up-and-get-it [guy]," Cutler said Saturday. "You learn from it.

"We made some mistakes. It's the first preseason game. Luckily enough, we have some time to correct them and keep going."

Hester admitted Monday that Cutler's comment upset him at first.

"But then he [Cutler] said he didn't say it," Hester said.

Hester said they're just getting to know each other.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...ory?id=4405998
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T R I N G View Post
I think I know what's wrong with Cutler. He doesn't know how to talk like a politician. He's too blunt and that's going to be another one of his problems. Even if it's natural for a QB to have a say in the roster, you don't need to actually say it like that. Likewise you can't come off like a jerk by implying that you don't have any blame to share in mistakes.

He also can't seem to accept blame for anything. It's always somebody else. Whether it's the Broncos' defense against the Chargers, or Hester for failing to break up the interception that was still poorly thrown.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Hester should demand a trade. After all, he was lied to.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Maybe Hester should demand a trade. After all, he was lied to.
how was he lied to...why are people strating to talk out of their ass?

Quote:
No problem: Some eyebrows were raised when Jay Cutler told reporters after throwing an interception on a jump ball in Buffalo that Devin Hester “is more of a go-get-it-guy” and “not really a back-shoulder, jump-up-and-get-it [guy].”

Hester conceded that he was initially offended by the comment. But he was fine with what Cutler said after the quarterback explained that he wasn’t blaming the receiver for the interception but merely explaining that the 5-11 Hester isn’t a 6-5 receiver who can catch every jump ball thrown in his direction.

“[Devin] knows Jay believes in him,” said offensive coordinator Ron Turner. “He knows Jay has a lot of confidence in him. He knows Jay’s going to throw the ball up to him when he gets one-on-one [coverage]. When we have an opportunity, we’re going to him. He knows that. I have confidence in him. I’m going to try to find ways to get him the ball and Jay’s going to go to him.”

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how was he lied to...why are people strating to talk out of their ass?
Get used to these "misunderstandings." He tends to do it a lot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/traini...tory?id=440599

Turner said occasionally he might need to talk to Cutler about being critical of teammates, but not every time.

"We don't want to temper that too much," Turner said. "Jay is an emotional guy and he's a fiery guy and he's a fiery competitor. That's why he's an elite quarterback."

Cutler's candid remarks got him into trouble when he played for Denver last year. Cutler went 5-for-10 Saturday for 64 yards with the one interception.
__________________________________________________ ____________________

As for Cutler...do you think it's fair to whine about wanting to traded, then get upset when they do decide to think about trading you. Because remember, Cutler wanted to traded after Jeremy Bates was let go...way before McDaniels even entertained the NE trade for Cassell.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like people are fighting, don't wanna read 4 pages of it...

But i've always been a Cutler fan but he is souring me a little bit. While I think he had every right to be upset with Josh McDaniels, he still acted a bit like a brat. But there's alot of QB's who would have done the same thing so I can't blame him. But then talking trash about your old fans in Denver, saying something that could be taken as negative about your new teammates. He just needs to be quiet and play football for the rest of the year.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post

As for Cutler...do you think it's fair to whine about wanting to traded, then get upset when they do decide to think about trading you. Because remember, Cutler wanted to traded after Jeremy Bates was let go...way before McDaniels even entertained the NE trade for Cassell.
My theory was that Cutler became disgruntled after Bates and Shanahan were let go. Then he found out about the Cassell trade attempts and decided to exploit it to get his ticket out of Denver.

Its kind of like when you want to break up with a girl and so you blow up something small she did out of proportion. It makes you look overly sensitive but it saves you from admitting the real reason or that you have no real reason at all except that you just wanted out.

I think a lot of his statements are blown out of proportion by a hungry media looking ot stir up controversy but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST
He just needs to be quiet and play football for the rest of the year.
Amen to this.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
He just needs to be quiet and play football for the rest of the year.
Yup. Granted I think the media has twisted words with Jay so far in some of his interviews, he's a guy that will say what is on his mind and that will ruffle feathers, especially in a fan base and a city that has never had a QB with his accolades and talent coming in. We've had guys like Rex and Kyle who were politically correct about everything, Jay isn't like that and it's apparent that the media isn't ready for it.

If you were asked what Jay meant in the quote about Hester without hearing ESPN and the other media outlets reporting that he threw Hester under the bus (which he didn't), you would not have drawn a conclusion that he was calling Devin out from that quote. It was much ado about nothing and it became a national story.

I'm not going to defend Jay on everything he says because there are going to be times when he opens his mouth and says something dumb, but lets just wait until that happens.

From all reports so far though he's been great in the locker room and he's shown very good leadership skills. I guarantee that Jay is going to be one of those players that I love to hate at times. But stirring up controversy over things like this is ridiculous. The only reason it became a story was because the media blew it up and made it newsworthy.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where's philip rivers in all of this?

trash talking to a mirror?

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
where's philip rivers in all of this?

trash talking to a mirror?
Once again, someone other than SD fans bringing up Rivers for some reason. My guess is Rivers is probably laughing at the crotch grabber.

Last edited by Xenos : 08-19-2009 at 10:43 PM.