Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that there is some confirmation, I can say that even though this trade favors the Giants, it is not by much. They could have waited a week or two (Whenever Droughns was going to be released) and still kept their WR. I know he is horrible, but if the Giants have a lot of injuries at WR this year, they are going to wish they had one more.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

carter is a bum we can sign Vince Papale to replace him.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droughns is being interviewed on Sirius as we speak, for those that still doubt.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

the browns have to be the biggest idiots on the face of the earth
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Now that there is some confirmation, I can say that even though this trade favors the Giants, it is not by much. They could have waited a week or two (Whenever Droughns was going to be released) and still kept their WR. I know he is horrible, but if the Giants have a lot of injuries at WR this year, they are going to wish they had one more.
yes the giants could hav waited but then they would have had to pay him a signing bonus and b.c of the contracts hb r gettin this offseason had to pay him a lot more than they will b now
the giants were most likely goin to release carter anyway so it worked out def better than them

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of bashing of the Browns ... which I don't get. I'm not saying it's a good deal ... but no one was going to fork over much for Droughns at all, so getting something for someone they might've cut, that sounds alright to me. As noted, I think this is a bleh trade for both sides, and doesn't really address anything, except perhaps allow the Giants to have some false confidence and wait until day 2 to address RB. I say false confidence as I'm not sold Droughns has much left to be anything more than a backup, and ideally, you'd like a guy that might be able to step in if Jacobs struggles.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
JMiah
Rookie

JMiah hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reub doesn't seem to go well with Jacobs, as they are both power backs, but hey... they didn't give much for him
Old 03-09-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

giants definetley win.... since j-lew only signed a 1 yr deal, AD has to be the pick for cleve

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the Giants RB situation now? That's poor if it's Jacobs and Droughns. They need to get a speed or burst back up in there.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad that we got a 5th WR so we don't have to sign/draft another one this offseason in exchange for a RB who was gonna get cut anyhow. It actually is a good move by the Browns fellas b/c they got something instead of nothing for Droughns, duh
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't even imagine the conversation when this went down.

Maybe something like this:

NYG: Hey CLE, what about this Droughns guy?

CLE: Give us something for him.

NYG: Well.....um....I guess we can give you SUPERSTAR Tim Carter.

CLE: SOLD, we win, high fives all around.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Regarding NY, by trading for Droughns they get him guaranteed by trading a #4 or #5 wide receiver for him rather than not trade one and risk losing out on him to Green Bay or Denver or somebody.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Giants think they've solved their RB situation. For a moment there, I thought they were gonna play it smart through the draft with a guy like Tony Hunt, Kenny Irons, or Michael Bush.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both of these guys were going to get cut by their teams anyway. Droughns will need to fix up his contract.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
giants definetley win.... since j-lew only signed a 1 yr deal, AD has to be the pick for cleve
No doubt. Tippy Toes Lewis won't last the year as the starter before he is pelted with a chorus of boos for taking 15 steps before getting to the LOS. Browns mgmt, unlike the Ravens, will not feel any loyalty to keep this has been in the lineup.

Peterson in 5.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Can't even imagine the conversation when this went down.

Maybe something like this:

NYG: Hey CLE, what about this Droughns guy?

CLE: Give us something for him.

NYG: Well.....um....I guess we can give you SUPERSTAR Tim Carter.

CLE: SOLD, we win, high fives all around.
LOL, pretty much.

Tim Carter is getting bashed in this thread, I kinda like it.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I hope the Giants think they've solved their RB situation. For a moment there, I thought they were gonna play it smart through the draft with a guy like Tony Hunt, Kenny Irons, or Michael Bush.
Tony Hunt? Michael Bush? Have you ever heard of Brandon Jacobs? We needed a veteran to help him along and be a reliable pass blocker for Eli. We got that in Droughns, and for what a price.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reuben would struggle to make the roster on most NFL teams. I'm with toony, most of you have no idea what you're talking about. Even if they cut Carter next week it's still the same equivalent of what they would get from anyone else.

Do you really want Jacobs/Droeghns as your runningback tandem? If not, you're putting Reuben as the #3 runningback, and #3 runningbacks that don't play special teams don't make the gameday roster so you essentially traded for a player that will never see the field.

*High fives all around*

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-09-2007 at 03:41 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Again, this is not a season changing deal but had the Browns cut him, we would likely have to pay for Droughns more so than we are right now because of the disgusting spending spree some teams are on right now. He is making less than $2 million the next 2 years and I doubt he will see the $2.7 million in 2009 unless he is better than we all think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Brandon Jacobs.

He made you look silly last fall, don't let it happen again.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Tony Hunt? Michael Bush? Have you ever heard of Brandon Jacobs? We needed a veteran to help him along and be a reliable pass blocker for Eli. We got that in Droughns, and for what a price.
Have you ever heard of a ritalin? Calm down. That's true, those guys wouldn't be ideal picks. But Irons and Pittman could've matched well. ...and Lynch could be there as well.
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Droughns is at least a player that has succeeded in the past. He has been on a TERRIBLE Browns team the last few years. Both players were likely to get cut so why not swap them. The Browns have had a top 3 worst O-line in the league the last two years.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
blkwdw13
Rookie

blkwdw13 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2793305

Just to add ESPN's word.
blkwdw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Brandon Jacobs.

He made you look silly last fall, don't let it happen again.
Hey if you're happy with Jacobs and Droughns and the rest of us are happy that you have Jacobs and Droughns, that's all that matters right?

Seriously, you should move him back to FB where he came from.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Have you ever heard of a ritalin? Calm down. That's true, those guys wouldn't be ideal picks. But Irons and Pittman could've matched well. ...and Lynch could be there as well.
It would have been very dumb to spend a 1st on Lynch.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED