Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey if you're happy with Jacobs and Droughns and the rest of us are happy that you have Jacobs and Droughns, that's all that matters right?

Seriously, you should move him back to FB where he came from.
Which is still an option.

Go look at your calender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Reuben would struggle to make the roster on most NFL teams. I'm with toony, most of you have no idea what you're talking about. Even if they cut Carter next week it's still the same equivalent of what they would get from anyone else.

Do you really want Jacobs/Droeghns as your runningback tandem? If not, you're putting Reuben as the #3 runningback, and #3 runningbacks that don't play special teams don't make the gameday roster so you essentially traded for a player that will never see the field.

*High fives all around*
You're just mad that Thomas Jones is gone. I'm joking, but I don't think we as Giants fans are happy that we got a less than stellar running back. I think we're happy we got rid of that piece of junk Tim Carter after he cost us a game or two (the Colts vs Giants game to name one), and actually got something in return.

Many fans wanted a veteran running back, and while RD isn't amazing, he's better than nothing and could make an acceptable 3rd Down running back. I'm happy because now it's guaranteed we will not be drafting Marshawn Lynch (if he fell) or Brian Leonard as a few Giants fans want us to.

No matter who won or lost in this trade, I'm happy that he at the very least it lets us draft a running back a little lower. Hopefully a second day speedster whom we can get some value out of as a punt/kick returner.

I think no Giants fan believes RD to be our permanent solution nor short term solution. If Jacobs were to go down during the season, at least I know we'll have someone with experience instead of a late pick, unproven rookie.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey if you're happy with Jacobs and Droughns and the rest of us are happy that you have Jacobs and Droughns, that's all that matters right?

Seriously, you should move him back to FB where he came from.
Actually, I really like that idea. Would be nice to have a guy at fullback who isn't a dwarf compared to Jacobs blocking for him. Plus it may confuse defense thinking we're using to fullbacks. Haha. Put in Jared Lorenzen for a QB sneak and it'll be like having offensive linemen at every posistion.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Just to throw this in there as well.....

Had the Giants signed Rhodes people would be patting Reese on the back much more than they are now. Well, go compare their stats and get back to me.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Just to throw this in there as well.....

Had the Giants signed Rhodes people would be patting Reese on the back much more than they are now. Well, go compare their stats and get back to me.
If Rhodes could have gotten those stats with the Brown's O-line and Charlie Frye under center. This still doesn't change the fact that I'd like Darius Walker in the 4th to play a Kevin Faulk type of role.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-09-2007 at 04:03 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

This trade is called "I will trade my garbage for your garbage." At least we got rid of Tim Carter.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
If Rhodes could have gotten those stats with the Brown's O-line and Charlie Frye under center.
Exactly.

Rhodes matched Droughns stats but he had slightly better players around him, right?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Actually, it's more along the lines of,
"I'll trade you our garbage for your recycables."

Heh, I like your analogy though. I would've liked to seen Tim Carter get cut though, that would have been satisfying.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Droughns is not that bad...

For the past two years, he has been about the same as Mcgahee statistically, despite having the weaker offense.

He doesn't have the upside of Mcgahee, but he has about the same amount of mileage. He's so much better than Carter it isn't even funny.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good trade for the Giants. We gave up nothing and got a backup running back.

We just gotta sign a WR like Kevin Curtis and we can then rebuild our defense through the draft by getting impact players in the first 2 rounds
Old 03-09-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes is more versitile. He can play on special teams. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can pass block.

Reuben can run straight forward into things. Don't you already have that in Jacobs?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big bruisers make sense in old Gilbride offense, spread the field with recievers and then have a big RB pound it inside, what he did with the Oilers as well if I'm not mistaken.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stats don't tell the whole story. Rhodes is more versitile. He can play on special teams. He can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can pass block.

Reuben can run straight forward into things. Don't you already have that in Jacobs?
Since when can't Droughns block? We also don't need special teamers. We have plenty.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Wow, what a horrible trade for the Browns.

The Giants are still gonna suck though, so it doesn't matter.
Are you insane? We were about to release him, how is that a HORRIBLE trade?

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Droughns has better hands than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better pass blocker than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better special teamer than Rhodes.

If you disagree with thos statements please give me a counter argument with some back to it other than calling me a homer.

I like Rhodes running style to go along with Jacobs much more and I even would have liked to see him in here for the contract the Raiders gave him, but by no means is this a bad deal for the Giants. And if Gilbride implements the power, straight ahead run game that I think he will, Droughns makes even more sense.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Are you insane? We were about to release him, how is that a HORRIBLE trade?
When was his roster bonus due? That is the main problem. If the roster bonus wasn't there I think the Browns would have held onto him until after the draft. To at least see how that pans ou t.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of a strange trade, but gives the G-Men a solid backfield duo

Last edited by Caddy : 03-09-2007 at 05:25 PM.
Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BMadison95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
giants definetley win.... since j-lew only signed a 1 yr deal, AD has to be the pick for cleve
PLEASE someone answer this....Why do people call Adrian Peterson AD? Shouldn't they call him AP????
Old 03-09-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ADrian Peterson

Old 03-09-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Droughns has better hands than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better pass blocker than Rhodes.

Droughns is a better special teamer than Rhodes.

If you disagree with thos statements please give me a counter argument with some back to it other than calling me a homer.
I don't need a counter argument. They are very very wrong. Again, stats do not tell the whole story.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-09-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Rotoworld.com

Quote:
Reuben Droughns-RB-Giants Mar. 9 - 6:03 pm et

Reuben Droughns' contract was restructured after coming to New York.
Specifics aren't given, but Droughns is not expected to see all, if any, of his originilly scheduled roster bonus. He had been due salaries of $1.25 million (2007), $1.75 million (2008), and $2.75 million (2009).
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't need a counter argument. They are very very wrong. Has Rueben ever even played special teams?
I think that point is irrelevant. Giants have enough guys who contribute on, and some time only on, special teams.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When was his roster bonus due? That is the main problem. If the roster bonus wasn't there I think the Browns would have held onto him until after the draft. To at least see how that pans ou t.
I believe the roster bonus was due next Wednesday, or two Wednesdays from now. Either way, it was, from what I remember, in the near future.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bradentonian
Rookie

Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bradentonian hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No great shakes as both were likely to be cut. At least now both teams will have a chance to get some kind of value for someone they were going to cut anyway. I imagine Droughns has a better chance of sticking than Carter. Droughns doesn't seem like the best compliment to Jacobs, though.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly.

Rhodes matched Droughns stats but he had slightly better players around him, right?
Droughns was also an actual featured RB for the 2 years he was in Cleveland while Rhodes never got a fair shake, having to share the majority of carries with Edge and eventually Addai.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote