Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stated in the Giants team thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Thank you. Don't get excited about this guys. We traded crap for crap. Its just resorted and packaged with a new label. But its still crap. We still need a day 2 RB.

We still come out slightly ahead considering Carter wouldve probably gotten cut. But by no means does this fill a "need". It was beneficial, but we still need a day 2 RB.
I still want Darius Walker in day 2.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
dhoe20
Rookie

dhoe20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Wow, interesting trade. The Browns were supposed to cut Droughns and I guess the Giants wanted to make sure that they were going to get him. However, I would not be suprised if Carter does not make the Browns team, so they could get nothing out of this trade.
Nah, Tim will make the team. He always does spectacular in the camps, but that's usually the only time he plays well.
dhoe20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

I can't believe Giants fans are playing this off like the Browns got ripped off.

Droughns was going to be cut.

Carter was going to be cut.

We exchanged players that neither team wanted. You don't think Carter is very good, we don't think Droughns is very good.

This trade is pretty darn insignificant other than it looks like it's setting the Browns up for a meeting with AD come April while the Giants are going to hope Reuben isn't as bad as he looked last year.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
I can't believe Giants fans are playing this off like the Browns got ripped off.

We exchanged players that neither team wanted. You don't think Carter is very good, we don't think Droughns is very good.

This trade is pretty darn insignificant other than it looks like it's setting the Browns up for a meeting with AD come April while the Giants are going to hope Reuben isn't as bad as he looked last year.
Neither team got a steal. Neither team got ripped off.

It was a sensible trade for both teams and while I hate Tim Carter, a change of scenery and scheme can entirely change a player with the athleticism of Carter.

But Droughns will be very effective in NY, mostly because of his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and this new running scheme Gilbride is apparantly going to be implementing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Droughns is much better than Carter. Droughns played behind a horrific O-Line, and is only one year separated from two consecutive 1,200 yard, 4.0+ ypc, 30 catch seasons.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Giants will not be paying his roster bonus, not $1.75 million anyway. If anything, they might be giving him a 3rd of that price.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't need a counter argument. They are very very wrong. Again, stats do not tell the whole story.
Why do you think Rhodes is better in the receiving realm of the game? Special teams? Pass blocking? Should we mention the price tag?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

To sum up Tim Carter-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY5POA4lp8Y
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 03-09-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
HAHAHHAHA wow
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
BMadison95

PLEASE someone answer this....Why do people call Adrian Peterson AD? Shouldn't they call him AP????
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
ADrian Peterson
That's just stupid. Should we give Reuben Droughns the nickname RE? Or Shouldn't Terrell Davis have been nicknamed TE with that logic? Whoever started calling adrian peterson ad and not AP should be shot
Old 03-09-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD stands for All Day
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
AD stands for All Day
Yep...the nickname his father gave to him.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

I like the way the Giants are going now. I like seeing Droughns and Jacobs in the backfield. They could just use both all the time, one could lead block and the other run...you could switch it up any time since both are big bruisers.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Jacobs not going to be the man in NY?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i think the only time cleveland may use carter is as a punt returner since we don't have one at this time due to the departure of northcut, we tried cribbs their but he just couldn't seem to hold on to the ball when it was punted either way this is a very insignificant trade and i can't believe it has 4 pages

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Is Jacobs not going to be the man in NY?
Oh no my friend, he will be the main guy. Everyone just wanted to have a veteran to back him up considering Tiki was our veteran running back and Jacobs was the Spell guy. Just need an insurance policy for Jacobs and a guy to spell him.

I expect us to take a running back like Darius Walker or Lorenzo Booker - two guys who can catch in the fourth round.

Last edited by Forenci : 03-10-2007 at 08:58 AM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

culloden1745 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Now that there is some confirmation, I can say that even though this trade favors the Giants, it is not by much. They could have waited a week or two (Whenever Droughns was going to be released) and still kept their WR. I know he is horrible, but if the Giants have a lot of injuries at WR this year, they are going to wish they had one more.
Why on earth would you want to keep Tim Carter? Theres gotta be 300 unemployed Wide Recievers that could be signed if there are injuries that would catch more passes then him.
culloden1745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Droughns is at least a player that has succeeded in the past. He has been on a TERRIBLE Browns team the last few years. Both players were likely to get cut so why not swap them. The Browns have had a top 3 worst O-line in the league the last two years.
Has there been a rb in the Browns organization thats done well?? They seem to spend a lot of picks/ fa money on them with little results.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:48 AM    (permalink
culloden1745
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
i think the only time cleveland may use carter is as a punt returner since we don't have one at this time due to the departure of northcut, we tried cribbs their but he just couldn't seem to hold on to the ball when it was punted either way this is a very insignificant trade and i can't believe it has 4 pages
Carter never returned punts, never did well k/os either to best of my knowledge...the reason this threads gone on 4 pages is the giants fans are venting over another dissapointing player, a bust of huge dimensions, after 5 years I'd be shocked if he had 100 total catches. Last year he was #2 wr for 1/2 the year and managed 20 catches. Droughns probably has more then that, hell our fb probably comes close as well.
Droughns got a little bit of mileage, but can is a known commodity, if giants need to rest Jacobs he can spell him effectively.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thats a big and slow backfield now, with jacobs and drougns....they could really use a change of pace back

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
thats a big and slow backfield now, with jacobs and drougns....they could really use a change of pace back

Brandon Jacobs/RB/Southern Illinois.

6'4
262lbs.
4.44 -40yd

i guess thats slow
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
Well, Jacobs isn't terribly slow, though he's not terribly quick either. I think we're still planning on grabbing a Day 2 running back. I'm curious to know where Chris Henry will go in the draft. Would be nice to have a speedster like him or Booker who can catch also.

Would allow us to him eventually too.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

RD is a decent back, but your team also played a part in it. I am sure RD had his faults, but you guys had injuries on your offensive unit. Fry is a young qb, and your oline is not that good. Factor in facing the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers, and no wonder it would be tough for RD to be consistent.

I think he would do much better behind our line. Also, he wouldnt be the feature back, Jacobs, would be. So I personally think it was a good deal for us. Not saying it was a bad deal for you guys, because he may not be the proper fit. But in terms of our team, he is a good fit for our situation.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're making more of this than we should. Look, both teams got what they wanted in the trade, it was a good move by both teams.

Both teams basically gave up nothing for their guy, so whats the big deal? If it works, great, if it doesn't, its not like they gave the farm away for him. I think it was a good move for both teams. Id still like a change of pace guy via the draft, but I think we mightve gotten a very good deal out of this.

Hopefully for Tim Carter and Cleveland's sake, they can say the same. Carter has all the talent in the world, but can't catch a cold. Maybe a change of scenery can help him out. And again, if it doesn't work out, big deal, you didn't give up anything for him. This was a very smart move by both GMs.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well, Jacobs isn't terribly slow, though he's not terribly quick either. I think we're still planning on grabbing a Day 2 running back. I'm curious to know where Chris Henry will go in the draft. Would be nice to have a speedster like him or Booker who can catch also.

Would allow us to him eventually too.
hes not the quickest but hes fast, and hes ridiculously fast for a guy his size.