Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.
Exclamation Justin Harrell's Career Possibly Over

Quote:
Defensive end Harrell fears back problems will end his career.

Justin Harrell fears his NFL career is over.

“Most definitely,” the Green Bay Packers’ injury-plagued defensive end said Monday. “Anytime you have back surgery, it’s always a red flag, and then having two in one year. It’s one of those things, man — you’re trying to fight through it and trying to fight through it, and ...
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...SFRONTCAROUSEL
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) His career never started

2) He doesn't deserve a paycheck, let alone his own thread...
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post

Jeez man. Insensitive much?

You never want to hear this about any player, no matter the situation. These guys put their bodies on the line, and it takes a toll, no matter your age. This is really unfortunate, when you think about it, he never really got a chance to play in the league due to injuries. I hope it turns out that he is able to continue playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:

He was a 16th overall pick and this is an NFL Draft website. It seems like relevant news most people would want to know about it because I imagine nearly everybody here had an opinion on him when he was drafted.

Further, how was the fact that he was injury-plagued his fault? By all accounts he's done everything asked of him.

Why would he not deserve a paycheck?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Jeez man. Insensitive much?

You never want to hear this about any player, no matter the situation. These guys put their bodies on the line, and it takes a toll, no matter your age. This is really unfortunate, when you think about it, he never really got a chance to play in the league due to injuries. I hope it turns out that he is able to continue playing.
He got hurt lifting weights. I didn't mean to sound like I flipped out over the topic, just that he really hasn't done anything noteworthy if you ask me besides being a 1st round pick. My bad.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He got hurt lifting weights.
So? If he hadnt been lifting the weights, you would of been bitching about how he was out of shape and undeserving of a paycheck because of that. No matter the situation, its unfortunate to see someone injured, especially someone with potential.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
So? If he hadnt been lifting the weights, you would of been bitching about how he was out of shape and undeserving of a paycheck because of that. No matter the situation, its unfortunate to see someone injured, especially someone with potential.
Its a Packers fan in me thing I guess, we never should have drafted him and he's been a thorn in our side since we drafted him. Good guy but it never seemed like his heart was 100% in the game. I don't wish injury on any player, but I just wish either he'd A) become a contributor or B) move on from the Packers.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks, always sad to see someone's career possibly ended by injuries. Especially someone so young.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Its a Packers fan in me thing I guess, we never should have drafted him and he's been a thorn in our side since we drafted him. Good guy but it never seemed like his heart was 100% in the game. I don't wish injury on any player, but I just wish either he'd A) become a contributor or B) move on from the Packers.
Lets see how good of an athlete you are with a herniated disk and two lower back surgeries. I just did jury duty on a lawsuit where a guy has now become disabled because of chronic back issues. and yeah, it usually happens in a freak accident like Harrell had lifting weights, and its rarely ever back to normal. This is nothing to mess around with and it can make the biggest men look weak.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
Lets see how good of an athlete you are with a herniated disk and two lower back surgeries. I just did jury duty on a lawsuit where a guy has now become disabled because of chronic back issues. and yeah, it usually happens in a freak accident like Harrell had lifting weights, and its rarely ever back to normal. This is nothing to mess around with and it can make the biggest men look weak.
Am I calling him a pansy? No.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this is just his opinion? And it's important because.....

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is downright rude...

AND ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EVERYONE questioned that pick when they made it... The guy was never on the field in college either.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Am I calling him a pansy? No.
Basically.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
So this is just his opinion? And it's important because.....
Ha, you haven't been following his career then, have you?

The sad thing is, the guy's a beast, and he hasn't really gotten the oppurtunity to show it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ha, you haven't been following his career then, have you?

The sad thing is, the guy's a beast, and he hasn't really gotten the oppurtunity to show it.
I've never bought into this kind of argument, beasts find ways to get on the field. There's always opportunity if someone can make big plays for them to be on the field, if they don't play it's because they can't deliver.

I'm sad to see this happen, because I agree, he had potential, but it's not like this is a huge loss for greenbay, other than losing someone who could have maybe become someone who might eventually contribute.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I've never bought into this kind of argument, beasts find ways to get on the field. There's always opportunity if someone can make big plays for them to be on the field, if they don't play it's because they can't deliver.

I'm sad to see this happen, because I agree, he had potential, but it's not like this is a huge loss for greenbay, other than losing someone who could have maybe become someone who might eventually contribute.
It was never Harrell's talent that kept him on the sidelines. It was injuries. You can't tough it out and play through a torn biceps tendon or the back issues that Harrell had. Harrell already proved his toughness in college with the bicep thing and it's clear he wants nothing more to get on the field.

All that said, he was a top-tier athlete who projected to be a stud in the pros. We haven't got the chance to see him for any extended period so it would be unfair to make any judgments on his ability to play at the NFL-level.

It was a big loss for Green Bay because they spent the 16th overall pick on him a few years ago and he hasn't produced anything for them. Look at a guy like Charles Rogers with the Lions. They spent the 2nd overall pick on him and he didn't do much of anything for two seasons due to injury, then he just lost his motivation to play. That was a huge loss for the Lions even though Rogers really never produced for them.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not discounting the fact that his injuries hurt him, I'm just saying, outside of his injuries there's not a lot of evidence to support the claims that he is someone.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I'm not discounting the fact that his injuries hurt him, I'm just saying, outside of his injuries there's not a lot of evidence to support the claims that he is someone.
Perceived talent based on college career and athletic ability.

Matthew Stafford hasn't proven anything but if he goes down with a career-ender the Lions definitely lost a "somebody". Same goes for pretty much every high draft pick.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is awful news. I had high hopes for the kid if he stayed healthy, and well, he didn't.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a big fan of his coming out of Tennessee. He was a little bit of a reach at 16, especially to the Packers who had a lot of talent at the position at the time with Williams, Pickett, Jolly, Cole and then Jenkins could get in there sometimes too. Its a shame he never got to do anything with his career, he definitely had some kind of potential. Hopefully he can at least live a healthy pain free life away from football if he does truly retire.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was still a reach. Branch should never have fallen as far as he did. Although he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had such high hopes for him; he had so much talent. It's a shame, because you look at guys who waste their talent on dumb things, but this isn't the case.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:28 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He was still a reach. Branch should never have fallen as far as he did. Although he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire either...
its pretty clear in my mind that Branch should of fallen much further than he did

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:52 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
its pretty clear in my mind that Branch should of fallen much further than he did
I agree. I wouldn't have touched Branch until the mid 3rd round.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote