Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind themed parties. I went to an 80s one not too long ago. In February we had a "Pink Party" for my sister-in-laws birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A theme all the time is stupid. A specific theme every once is a while can be fun. Typically, this works best for someone's birthday. I've been to a 90's themed birthday, an 80's prom, and a "Say Goodbye to the 20's" party for someone's 30th bday. The 20's party was fun for me because I went as the League of Nations, which pissed off the hyper-controlling birthday girl.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:19 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way secretaries think they run the school and get to make decisions for me on the last day of school grinds my gears.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eating lunch and then feeling hungry again in 20 minutes. Now I have to sit here for almost five more hours starving.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
A theme all the time is stupid. A specific theme every once is a while can be fun. Typically, this works best for someone's birthday. I've been to a 90's themed birthday, an 80's prom, and a "Say Goodbye to the 20's" party for someone's 30th bday. The 20's party was fun for me because I went as the League of Nations, which pissed off the hyper-controlling birthday girl.
First, you are my hero for the League of Nations idea. Absolutely brilliant.

Second, this is exactly how I feel and my issue. I am all for a random theme party here and there, usually for birthdays and other significant events. But this is just a party to have one, and for people to be upset/not want to go if there is no theme is like high school ****. Not only is it stupid, but it would require us to do more work to organize and **** that.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was pretty fun to think of things that would piss her off. My wife and I were going to go as Orphan Annie and Daddy Warbucks, but the birthday girl rejected that idea because it was suppose to be a "speak easy" and "they never would have allowed a little girl in a bar". At that point, I said "F it" and went with something ridiculous.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Easiest way to handle the ridiculous theme idea is to completely blow it up with something over the top or super creative. For instance, if it's a tropical luau theme, go dressed as an Eskimo. If it's a Super Heroes party, go dressed as your grandma, who is your hero. Etc, etc, etc. Don't let idiots ruin your fun.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you go as the League of Nations?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Made a fun iron-on logo for the front:

Then a list of the members with checks and x's for whether they joined or not.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha nice. i'll steal that if i ever go to a 20s party

Last edited by TimD : 05-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If anyone ever invites you to a 20's party, please do yourself a favor and stop being their friend. It is a terrible idea and absolutely horrendous. Sure, there is a possibility of house-made booze, but other than that, it is a disastrous party theme.

Moral of the story is that theme parties for the sake of theme parties should be mocked creatively, especially if it upsets douches.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only theme I'm interested in would be a gang party, since that term can be taken in so many ways (eg, Warriors, Gangs of New York, Bloods/Crips, Clockwork Orange, The IASiP Gang, etc). Otherwise, themes are only fun if done very sparingly.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:40 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I started reading that post, I was honestly thinking it was going to finish off "The only theme I'm interested in would be a gang bang..."

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-04-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putting together Ikea furniture is not "building" something.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Assembly does not equal building. agreed.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I once bought candles at Ikea. They came with swedish instructions and an allen wrench.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Much like opening up a box and putting it in an oven is not "cooking" or "baking".

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I once bought candles at Ikea. They came with swedish instructions and an allen wrench.
Same thing for me, except I only bought batteries.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Something happened at softball last night that pissed me off. It is a slow pitch beer league and teams call their own balls and strikes and fair/foul. We were in the bottom of the last inning with 2 outs and clinging to a 1-run game. There is a rule that if you walk a guy with 2 outs ahead of a girl, she walks too.

So, we have bases loaded and 2 outs. Guy up ahead of a girl. Count goes full. Our pitcher throws a ball a little inside, but potentially hittable. Instead of swinging or taking, the guy sticks his knee out and lets the ball hit him before it hits the ground. Opposing team calls it ball 4 for the win. Douche bush league move and call.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Something happened at softball last night that pissed me off. It is a slow pitch beer league and teams call their own balls and strikes and fair/foul. We were in the bottom of the last inning with 2 outs and clinging to a 1-run game. There is a rule that if you walk a guy with 2 outs ahead of a girl, she walks too.

So, we have bases loaded and 2 outs. Guy up ahead of a girl. Count goes full. Our pitcher throws a ball a little inside, but potentially hittable. Instead of swinging or taking, the guy sticks his knee out and lets the ball hit him before it hits the ground. Opposing team calls it ball 4 for the win. Douche bush league move and call.
Admittedly, I am not very good at hitting in baseball/softball, but especially in a coed league like that my philosophy is always to never take a pitch unless it's really, really bad. Anything near the plate, I'm swining. The game is just no fun if people stand around taking pitches all day.

However, some people take rec/fun leagues wayyyy too seriously. I would have (and actually have in similar situations) straight up called them out on it for being little bitches.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Admittedly, I am not very good at hitting in baseball/softball, but especially in a coed league like that my philosophy is always to never take a pitch unless it's really, really bad. Anything near the plate, I'm swining. The game is just no fun if people stand around taking pitches all day.

However, some people take rec/fun leagues wayyyy too seriously. I would have (and actually have in similar situations) straight up called them out on it for being little bitches.
I was playing in my work's yearly softball game back in September. I was playing second base. The center fielder fielded a blooped to short center and threw the ball as hard as possible towards me. Unfortunately, the ball got lost in the sun so I moved out of the way so as to not get hit by a softball in the face. He was pissed and started yelling. He took it way too seriously.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I can take things too seriously, but I would never pull a move like that. I called the guy a ***** to his face and refused to shake his hand.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and my coworkers almost got into a fight at dodge ball tournament last month because of some dicks at another company took it way to seriously. Best part is that it was for charity.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that we're drilling for oil in just about every corner of this country WTF am I paying 4.20 a gallon to fill up my car.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Now that we're drilling for oil in just about every corner of this country WTF am I paying 4.20 a gallon to fill up my car.
Lobbyists. It was never a supply and demand problem. It was a who has the most money in the pocket of powerful politicians problem. If not we could of had hydrogen powered cars.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote