Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
it's the adults who seem to get the most joy out of this stupid thing.

sounds about right

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People that can't fully function in society, especially with regards to understanding and abiding by even informal rules of waiting in line. Oh there's a group of people at a bus stop and they are standing generally one behind the other with the end right near where the actual stop is? Just a coincidence, when the bus shows up it's every man for himself so go right ahead and walk up to the front and jump on before everyone.

Sort of along with that, whenever you order something and have to wait for it (most often some sort of food establishment) and there is a group of people, at least 4-5 waiting at the pick up side, and you as the most recent order where should you stand? That's right, right at the pickup counter or about a foot away. Don't stand off to the side and wait your turn while everyone else waiting will obviously be called before you. No, you have to be no more than a foot away so just in case they call your name you don't miss it, and screw everyone else trying to pick up their order, they have to get around you.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If i have to see one more thing regarding elves on shelves I will destroy all of everything. Stupidest concept ever. And unlike Santa, it's the adults who seem to get the most joy out of this stupid thing.

Ba humbug.
**** that snitch. I didn't even realize it's a recent thing. I just thought my house didn't do it growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When my wife complains/yells at me because I upset her in a dream she had.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
**** that snitch. I didn't even realize it's a recent thing. I just thought my house didn't do it growing up.
Nearly everyone where I work who has young kids does it. I heard about it like once or twice last year, but now its a daily conversation.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
People that can't fully function in society, especially with regards to understanding and abiding by even informal rules of waiting in line. Oh there's a group of people at a bus stop and they are standing generally one behind the other with the end right near where the actual stop is? Just a coincidence, when the bus shows up it's every man for himself so go right ahead and walk up to the front and jump on before everyone.

Sort of along with that, whenever you order something and have to wait for it (most often some sort of food establishment) and there is a group of people, at least 4-5 waiting at the pick up side, and you as the most recent order where should you stand? That's right, right at the pickup counter or about a foot away. Don't stand off to the side and wait your turn while everyone else waiting will obviously be called before you. No, you have to be no more than a foot away so just in case they call your name you don't miss it, and screw everyone else trying to pick up their order, they have to get around you.
I call people out on it. One of the perks of being a bigger guy.

What I truly hate are these girls that post on facebook and twitter about how they want a guy who will treat them special, but keep going back to guys who literally tell them to their face they are just **** buddies. Like, I have two friends who have these girls who know they are just there to have sex, but yet keep posting about how they want to be special. Like *****, is you stupid?
Old 12-10-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Yup!

Life in general the last few days has been grinding my gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I dont get yelled at, but my gf is very cold the day following a bad dream about me. Im a real dick in her dreams
Old 12-10-2014, 03:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually got my wife to admit that she had been angry at me for the answers I gave in the "practice argument" that she had in her head.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I dont get yelled at, but my gf is very cold the day following a bad dream about me. Im a real dick in her dreams
Oh man, mine gets super clingy and emotional after her bad dreams. Cold sounds so much better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I actually got my wife to admit that she had been angry at me for the answers I gave in the "practice argument" that she had in her head.
This also happens to me occasionally.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They sure are the complicated sex
Old 12-10-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we doing what our significant others do to annoy us? Because I have a long list for that.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We complaining about women? I've got a few...

A couple of months ago, we were getting ready to go to a wedding. I'm sitting on the couch playing video games. She asks "are you ready to go?" I say yes, because in my mind, I was ready. When it was time to leave, I say let's go, and she says "You still need to do this, this, this, this, and this." I guess when she said "are you ready" she really meant "get your butt off the couch and do these ten things."

Going home for Thanksgiving, she asks "how long until the interstate?" I tell her I'm not really sure. Well, apparently, "how long until the interstate" actually meant "I'm hungry, can we please stop and get something?" By the time she finally said that (about an hour later), we were in the middle of nowhere.

Freaking women. 90% of arguments would be avoided if they just said the thing they actually mean rather than saying something that has to be translated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:50 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

I am a very punctual person, we are never late to anything....she has no concept of time or how long it takes to go places. So when I say "leave at 6:45 to be there in time" I have allocated all of the travel, traffic, and getting situated or socializing time in there already.

But we end up being an hour early to everything because if we sit there from 6-6:45 she will LOSE IT on how we arent going to make it and should just leave now.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I am a very punctual person, we are never late to anything....she has no concept of time or how long it takes to go places. So when I say "leave at 6:45 to be there in time" I have allocated all of the travel, traffic, and getting situated or socializing time in there already.

But we end up being an hour early to everything because if we sit there from 6-6:45 she will LOSE IT on how we arent going to make it and should just leave now.
Haha that happens to me all the time. My response is always just to very calmly say, "I think we'll be early, but we can leave now if you're worried about being late." The key after that is to refuse to complain and make her realize/start complaining when you arrive an hour before you needed to be there.

Somewhat piggy-backing on this: My wife is always worried about being late and feels she needs to stay on top of me to make sure we're on time, however she is always the one we're waiting on.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to be early for everything. My wife has probably never been on time for anything in her life. If I tell her we need to be there by 8 PM, she thinks that means we have to leave by 8 PM, no matter how far away it is. It's bad enough getting her to be ready for something in time, factor in kids and forgot about it. I've started telling her we need to be places an hour earlier than we actually have to in hopes that we may arrive on time.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^

It's ridiculous. Then she gets mad at me for speeding through traffic.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
We complaining about women? I've got a few...

A couple of months ago, we were getting ready to go to a wedding. I'm sitting on the couch playing video games. She asks "are you ready to go?" I say yes, because in my mind, I was ready. When it was time to leave, I say let's go, and she says "You still need to do this, this, this, this, and this." I guess when she said "are you ready" she really meant "get your butt off the couch and do these ten things."
This happens all the time to me, LOL

Her: You ready?
Me: Yep (continues playing)
Her: [walks back to bedroom and starts doing something else]
10 minutes later
Me: You done?
Her: I'm waiting on you to finish your GAME!
Me: [facepalm]

Old 12-10-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm obsessive about time. I HATE being late and to me 10 minutes early is right on time. My girlfriend has made me late to so many things and it makes me very angry. Luckily she doesn't somehow use women's logic and have it turn into an argument. She just sits there as I'm ripping through my gears tryna be as on time as possible and says sorry.

I think after the 10th time, her just sitting there saying sorry makes me even more angry lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who demand immediate attention/action to things at work the minute I get into the office. Those first 30 minutes or so are dedicated to checking email, getting my thoughts/schedule/priorities together, and most importantly, drinking coffee and being left alone.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:20 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
People who demand immediate attention/action to things at work the minute I get into the office. Those first 30 minutes or so are dedicated to checking email, getting my thoughts/schedule/priorities together, and most importantly, drinking coffee and being left alone.
My guy's know not to bother me until 9:30, 9:45 on Mondays. If they do, they get a lot of blank stares and incoherent grumbling.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Throw a cup of scalding hot coffee in the face of the first co-worker that speaks to you monday morning. That should teach the others to leave you alone.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Are we doing what our significant others do to annoy us? Because I have a long list for that.
I take all of 5 minutes to get ready to go somewhere to do something, she does not. But if I am ready to leave and she still needs 10 minutes to get ready, I am the one who is making her feel rushed and that stresses her out. However, if I don't get ready before her, suddenly we're running late because I wasn't ready to go.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 05:43 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

There are four documents a student athlete must get signed by their parents and return to school. These documents are kept in a binder. In essence, they keep the school from being sued should a kid get hurt. Why coaches have a hard time understanding and complying with making this a simple process grinds my gears.