Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Where are you?
in your head, in your he-eee-ad, zombie zombie zombie-e-e

yes, I just made that reference.

also, I am continually upset when even the "nerdy" kids in my classes dont know my star wars references.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

also, I am continually upset when even the "nerdy" kids in my classes dont know my star wars references.
You need to take a couple of hours of your class time for proper education and show them those movies.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
in your head, in your he-eee-ad, zombie zombie zombie-e-e
Nothing wrong with the cranberries.

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but It grinds my gears when certain celebs are on TV for charity and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort for the people who need it and all and I see that they have the influence to get donations and such... But I don't see how they can really do that when they live in 20 million dollar houses and blow millions on a damn necklace.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
You need to take a couple of hours of your class time for proper education and show them those movies.
When I taught 7th grade English, we were required to teach a unit on the sci-fi genre. I let my class watch Star Wars to demonstrate the use of archetypal characters.....and I was applauded by the parish English content supervisor.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetest Day? ...How about Single's Liberation Day.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manningisch:

I am at the University of Florida.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:46 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I ask for no ice in my god damn mountain dew and I get a cup at least half full of ice.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is also opposite of grind my gears but:

When I wake up in the mourning and see i have 20 more minutes before my alarm clock rings. Best feeling in the world!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
When I ask for no ice in my god damn mountain dew and I get a cup at least half full of ice.
amen. I'm pretty much anti-ice. If it's already cold, who the **** needs ice?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For sure, just not with mountain dew.

The worst is when I ask for no ice at a place where they fill it up right in front of me. And 4 seconds later I hear the cup being shoved into a pool of ice. And then I rush to tell them they ****** up before they pour the whole drink in there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there is already a **** load of water in the mountain dew and with ice you get even much more ripped off. They make so much money with the soft drinks, it's crazy.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always get a **** ton of ice because nothing sucks more than a room temperature soda.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:14 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I always get a **** ton of ice because nothing sucks more than a room temperature soda.
I hate room temperature soda, that's why I always microwave mine for a few minutes.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-13-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I hate room temperature soda, that's why I always microwave mine for a few minutes.
Wait...what?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate that the two chinese/japenese resturaunts and the only mexican resturaunt within 50 miles of me give me the craps.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
Yeah I know, makes you want to order only from fast food places with self serve drinks where you control the amount of ice. If you're a Mtn. Dew freak & you're going for the caffeine buzz & boost, get it from a bottle, the soda guns have too much gas in those cheap bubbles -- caffeine buzzkill.

Same thing with any cocktail. 1st lesson learned in bartending 101: rocks are cheap, booze is not. Bars boost their profits per drink by 20% or more by overloading with ice. Smart drinkers (& all hardcore alkies) know the magic words when ordering: Light rocks, the phrase that follows the drink order, like Margarita on the rocks, & light rocks.... words to live by. Those computerized premixed drinks like they have in Vegas, etc. grind my gears, they take all the glamor out of drinking in bars & bartending (& your nightly take home by diminishing tips). Grinds my gears when opulent upscale bars with mega-expensive libations skimp on the alcohol by loading the drinks up with cheap-ass ice cubes.

Quote:
In your he-he-eee-ad, in your he-eee-ad, zombie, zombie, zombie-e-e......

It's the same old thing
Since 1916
in your head, in your head they are fighting.....
My fave Cranberries song!! Appropriate for this upcoming time of yr..... March 17th-St. Pattie's Day & Easter, for the Irish Easter Rebellion of 1916.
That song is about how all the Irish families, Catholic & Protestant, have had it with the Troubles.... so they became zombies. Just one interpretation, the Irish-Americans among you will take heed b/c you will have to explain it to non-Fenians on 3/17 every yr.

I always crank up the Chieftains album with Sinead O'Connor singing the Foggy Dew in that weird witchy voice of hers, the clink of shot glasses full of Jameson & "Fook the Queen!" toasts heard throughout the land, good times.... :-)

Come to think of it, Bad Queen Bess the 2nd & the whole worthless anachronistic British Royal Family grinds my gears, & I'm only about half Irish. Not the best 50 parts of a hundred, I'm the 1st to admit that, but still.....

Last edited by LizardState : 02-13-2010 at 11:53 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Same thing with any cocktail. 1st lesson learned in bartending 101: rocks are cheap, booze is not. Bars boost their profits per drink by 20% or more by overloading with ice. Smart drinkers (& all hardcore alkies) know the magic words when ordering: Light rocks, the phrase that follows the drink order, like Margarita on the rocks, & light rocks.... words to live by. Those computerized premixed drinks like they have in Vegas, etc. grind my gears, they take all the glamor out of drinking in bars & bartending (& your nightly take home by diminishing tips). Grinds my gears when opulent upscale bars with mega-expensive libations skimp on the alcohol by loading the drinks up with cheap-ass ice cubes.
I used to bartend, and we measure everything out with or w/out ice. You get nothing extra by not getting ice, you just get less diluted booze.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
When people call pop, soda. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Oh no, here we go again...
Old 02-13-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
When people call soda, pop.

While we're on topic of soda. People at McDonalds who order the supersized extra greasy burger with a Diet Coke.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

While we're on topic of soda. People at McDonalds who order the supersized extra greasy burger with a Diet Coke.
Some people, myself included, just like the taste of diet pop better. I rarely drink it anymore, but when I do I have to drink diet. Not because it's "better for me" (because it really isn't) but because I like the taste better.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whatbothers me is when people debate semantics and regional colloquialisms. Soda, pop, soda pop..fountain, bubbler, whatever! we all know what you mean who really cares!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post

My friends dad is opening a pizza place he's going to have a combo order on the menu called the fat chick special that includes two pieces of pizza, extra ranch and topped off with diet coke so they feel like they're eating healthy.

I agree with P-L though. If I do drink pop it's usually diet because I like diet better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Whatbothers me is when people debate semantics and regional colloquialisms. Soda, pop, soda pop..fountain, bubbler, whatever! we all know what you mean who really cares!
Only people in or around Wisconsin know what the heck that means. haha

they get smoked.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pop? What the **** are you 70?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Pop? What the **** are you 70?

Pretty much every old person I've ever met has called it soda so I don't get this.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote