Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: What team in the NFC East has the best receivers?
Eagles 28 62.22%
Giants 5 11.11%
Redskins 7 15.56%
Cowboys 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Accidentally voted for the Giants meant to vote for the Eagles. Brandon Gibson is gonna be a stud, in addition to the fact that they have the deepest group of receivers.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:02 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Accidentally voted for the Giants meant to vote for the Eagles. Brandon Gibson is gonna be a stud, in addition to the fact that they have the deepest group of receivers.
That was just your subconcious correcting you. ;)

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That was just your subconcious correcting you. ;)
You realize the person on your sig is a huge thug.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I'll take your Martellus Bennett and Witten and raise you a Chris Cooley and Fred Davis.
Ha! When has Cooley ever been better than Witten. And Fred Davis has done bunk so far. Right now any reasonable observer would say you screwed up when you passed on Martellus Bennett who is not only bigger than Fred Davis but has been more productive so far. You are living in a dream world.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
You realize the person on your sig is a huge thug.
Oh total gang banger man, in fact he's so gangstar he's stolen a whole damn PS3...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OK, so us Cowboys fans have all heard how TO's loss will be hurting us by everyone in the media.. blah, blah, blah...

Now after Romo throws for the most yards in his career, they say this...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913027

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys figure they'll be fine without Terrell Owens.

Surrounded by a talented supporting cast that includes Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin and Jason Witten -- not to mention Marion Barber and Felix Jones -- it's easy to understand why.

HUH? Give me a break. These guys kill me. Know-it-alls with their hindsight vision.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:58 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
OK, so us Cowboys fans have all heard how TO's loss will be hurting us by everyone in the media.. blah, blah, blah...

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys figure they'll be fine without Terrell Owens.

Surrounded by a talented supporting cast that includes Roy Williams, Patrick Crayton, Miles Austin and Jason Witten -- not to mention Marion Barber and Felix Jones -- it's easy to understand why.

HUH? Give me a break. These guys kill me. Know-it-alls with their hindsight vision.
It's okay, after next week they'll be back bitching about how tony needs TO against elite teams. ;)

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

So, since we're basing everything off one game, where are all of the Eagles' defense doubters?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
So, since we're basing everything off one game, where are all of the Eagles' defense doubters?
It always comes back to "me" with you, huh. Find that thread, quote someone and then say something. Don't change the subject of what this thread is about.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha! When has Cooley ever been better than Witten. And Fred Davis has done bunk so far. Right now any reasonable observer would say you screwed up when you passed on Martellus Bennett who is not only bigger than Fred Davis but has been more productive so far. You are living in a dream world.
Let me know when I can be next in line to kiss Witten's SB ring.

And Bennett and Davis are very similar prospects IMO except for height.

Cooley's career #'s, 314 rec/3457 yds/28 TDs
Witten's career #'s, 429 rec/4935 yds/ 25 TDs

Also, Witten's been in the league a year longer and has had the benefit of playing in a legit pro offense with a pro bowl QB.

TO act like there's a word of difference between the two, or that I live in fantasy world, is just typical Puke snobbery.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Let me know when I can be next in line to kiss Witten's SB ring.

And Bennett and Davis are very similar prospects IMO except for height.

Cooley's career #'s, 314 rec/3457 yds/28 TDs
Witten's career #'s, 429 rec/4935 yds/ 25 TDs

Also, Witten's been in the league a year longer and has had the benefit of playing in a legit pro offense with a pro bowl QB.

TO act like there's a word of difference between the two, or that I live in fantasy world, is just typical Puke snobbery.
You have no idea how hard it is for me to say anything nice about a cowboy, but Witten is hands down the best TE in the NFL. Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick. *runs off to puke*

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey, remember when the Cowboys beat up on the BUCS? yea, me too. let's wait til they play a real secondary before we go 'round crowning them
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have no idea how hard it is for me to say anything nice about a cowboy, but Witten is hands down the best TE in the NFL. Oh god, I think I'm going to be sick. *runs off to puke*
Better than Antonio Gates?

Over the same period of time, 6 years, Gates has 400 rec/5066yds/ 51 TDs.

Witten is good, but right now Gates is the leader in the clubhouse.

Not even a diss on Witten, just trying to rep my man Cooley!!:)
Old 09-14-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Better than Antonio Gates?

Over the same period of time, 6 years, Gates has 400 rec/5066yds/ 51 TDs.

Witten is good, but right now Gates is the leader in the clubhouse.

Not even a diss on Witten, just trying to rep my man Cooley!!:)
Witten is infinitely better as a blocker than gates and has gotten his with a prima donna like TO there while Gates has battled the immortal Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson for touches.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Witten is infinitely better as a blocker than gates and has gotten his with a prima donna like TO there while Gates has battled the immortal Chris Chambers and Vincent Jackson for touches.
Really? I think Ladanian Tomlinson would beg to differ on the divine mysteries of 'infinitely better' blocking. Witten has always been at least the #2 WR for Dallas. Romo is always looking for him, even over T.O., which was the source of many Terrell temper tantrums in Dallas.

Overall, Gates is just a more dominant TE. I've seen nothing to suggest Gates isn't a quality blocker for the TE position.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Really? I think Ladanian Tomlinson would beg to differ on the divine mysteries of 'infinitely better' blocking. Witten has always been at least the #2 WR for Dallas. Romo is always looking for him, even over T.O., which was the source of many Terrell temper tantrums in Dallas.

Overall, Gates is just a more dominant TE. I've seen nothing to suggest Gates isn't a quality blocker for the TE position.
umm, yeah, gates is a bad blocker. As for Witten being the number two that's my point, gates is the number 1 weapon while Witten the number two.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:

I think it is pretty well known that Gates isn't the best of blockers. Witten is a much better blocker, whereas Gates is slightly better receiver.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

So far it is looking like the Cowboys receivers are the best... Ha!
Old 09-14-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So far it is looking like the Cowboys receivers are the best... Ha!
The poll says otherwise.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook included, it's tight between the Cowboys and Eagles. Without Westbrook, I'll take Dallas.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
The poll says otherwise.
That's because most people are enamoured with "big names"... Desean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin make people jump on the hype machine. I admit, down the line, they look like the best WR duo, but they have a lot of growing up to do still.

People often discredit team ball. Which is ironic because the best team ball has been played by the Giants, they've been the most successful lately and people still don't give them enough credit.

The Cowboys without TO are now playing more team ball. Names like Crayton, Austin, Hurd don't frighten cause people to jump on any kind of bandwagons... so the poll will reflect their poor popularity, but it doesn't reflect the truth.

Quincy is right... So far, the Cowboys look the best, but it was hard pressed to make believers out of that before the season started.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Westbrook included, it's tight between the Cowboys and Eagles. Without Westbrook, I'll take Dallas.
I see RB is a factor... What about TEs?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok people (specifically the Cowboys fans), please stop the hype train.

You played the Buccaneers. Romo was playing pitch and catch out there, no pass rush, they were missing their starting FS and most of the yards came on broken plays.

Lets put the brakes on this until the Cowboys do that against a team that isn't the early favorite for a top 5 pick. Lets see how they do against the Giants secondary.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And if we're judging things off of one game, I can go into the Crystal Ball thread and serve up some crow for some people.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Ok people (specifically the Cowboys fans), please stop the hype train.

You played the Buccaneers. Romo was playing pitch and catch out there, no pass rush, they were missing their starting FS and most of the yards came on broken plays.

Lets put the brakes on this until the Cowboys do that against a team that isn't the early favorite for a top 5 pick. Lets see how they do against the Giants secondary.
lol. You can't stop the truth. Romo has a lot of very good options to throw to.

We'll see how your receivers do with the Garcia/Kolb/Vick combination. Don't make up excuses now on how they might look bad without McNabb. This whole topic is about Receivers independent of QB play. Unless you're admitting that McNabb is the one that makes them good.. which in that case, further ruins your stance.