Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
how big were you guys in JV
5'9" and about 160 for the first half of HS, and then about 170 for my last two years. But I haz teh speedz.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're going into 10th grade? I think I was 6', 190 lbs then.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Also on a sidenote... how big were you guys in JV lol...
6'2" 255-260

I played linebacker and fullback/runningback tho.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
6'2" 255-260

So my school is tiny damn lol, I need to put on some weight.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6'6 230ish

but im dutch so i never player jv, you are 15 right?
if 14 then 6'4 210ish

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
6'6 230ish

but im dutch so i never player jv, you are 15 right?
if 14 then 6'4 210ish
I am 14 I turn 15 next month.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 08-20-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy your JV days. It's nothing but fun and games. Our team was so talented I think we're the first JV team around here to go 10-0.

Varsity is when things start getting serious. Championships need to be won, seats need to be filled, and recruiters need to be bated in. Or at least thats what they told us when I got up to Varsity.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Enjoy your JV days. It's nothing but fun and games. Our team was so talented I think we're the first JV team around here to go 10-0.

Varsity is when things start getting serious. Championships need to be won, seats need to be filled, and recruiters need to be bated in. Or at least thats what they told us when I got up to Varsity.
Same thing they told me at Krop, but at this new school the JV is the varsity.. the first football game ever for the school is september 9th, they're is no varsity until maybe next year if were good enough to have a juniors, sophomores, and freshmen varsity team, we'd either be a killer JV or ****** varsity next year.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In JV? prolly about 6'0 200...I was about 6'2 220 at the end of high school though, and for most of my high level stuff I was that weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

At the end of HS I was about 6'3" 300 lbs.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know you want to rush the passer and get after the quarterback but contain is your number 1 responsibility. You have to stay disciplined and play run first. In highschool, most teams are run orientated. A lot of teams try to run sweeps with best athlete and try to get him around the corner. As a DE or OLB who has contain responsibilities, it is not necessarily going to be a glorified position but it is vital to the defense. It's more important to stop the play from happening by keeping contain than it is to try to make the play by yourself and end up getting beat around the corner.

From a technical standpoint, don't take the OT or the FB head on. You take him on with your inside shoulder always keeping your outside hand free while still keeping your hips square to the line. That way, if they try to bounce it outside, you'll be in a postition where you can get off the block and make the play. If they try to cut it up inside of you, you drive your man inside and squeeze down but make sure you keep the same relationship with your outside hand free. If you take on the block square, the ball carrier can cut either way off you. When you play it the other way, you force him to make a decision. You want him to cut inside of you because that's where your help will be but if he tries to cut it out, you'll be able to make a big play.

I hope that helps. It's kind of tough to explain without actually showing you. Remember, always play run first, pass second. I know you want to get after the QB but keeping contain is your number one responsibility.
This is really good advice, the only thing I'd add is to keep your inside foot at your opponents outside foot, while keeping things square. That way it is nearly impossible for whoever isblocking you to get outside of you and seal off the edge. And if the paly goes inside, do just what TACKLE said, drive him inside and clog it up. Using this technique in the pass rush will help you power past some weaker blockers as well when you are required to rush the passer.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Issues

Containment: One thing to remember is that as a OLB, you force plays inside. Outside contain guys usually don't make much plays but they open up opportunities for other guys to make the stop.

vs Blockers: Since you're on JV, you won't see much Zone blocking schemes. More often then not, your gonna be matched up one on one with most blockers. I'll tell you from experience, the people that gave ME the most trouble while I was trying to block are the low guys that took on the block head on. One thing to remember about being head on blocked is having your hands on the blocker for separation and KEEPING YOUR EYES IN THE BACKFIELD. More often than not you'll get a feel for the play just from the type of block you're facing. Shed the block.

Things to work on: Hand quickness, defensive lineman techniques, staying low, and keeping your eyes on the ball carrier.

The Lower man will win 9 times out of 10.

That is the key right there, if you can stand your opponent up, they aren't getting the strength needed from the core and lower body to do their job, if you incorporate what Tackle said, with this, and the foot positioning I was telling you, it'll vastly imporve your abilities to seal the edge, as well as helping out in your overall game.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played on both freshman and varsity because my school was pretty small, so we didn't have a lot of players.

I was like 5'10" 160 my freshman year...6'2" 190 my senior year

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I wish I could have played Varsity as a sophomore but there's about 60-70 something kids that come out for Varsity every year.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6'2" 255-260

in JV WTF!

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
in JV WTF!
When your an islander.. you tend to grow faster hahaha