Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who do you think is going to win the AFC South?
Houston Texans 15 21.43%
Indianapolis Colts 32 45.71%
Jacksonville Jaguars 4 5.71%
Tenessee Titans 19 27.14%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.
Question AFC South Division Champions

Who do you think is going to win the AFC South?

Respond to the poll and post your explanation here.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennessee because they don't really lack anything. The only other team that I think has are the Colts but I think the loss of Dungy will have a bigger impact than a lot of people think.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the Colts. I don't think the changes in coaching matter too much. As long as Manning is there theyll be good. If they can beat Tennessee head to head I think they take the division.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went Colts here. I've been predicting the Titans not making the playoffs for the last 3 years, I'm bound to be right one day or another. + Dungy and Harrison are gone.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Went Colts here. I've been predicting the Titans not making the playoffs for the last 3 years, I'm bound to be right one day or another. + Dungy and Harrison are gone.
How is losing the head coach going to propel the creatures of habit that are the Colts into the playoffs.

Called the Titans on this one of course. They brought in a number 1 receiver in the draft, held onto their game manager QB, CJ is back after a year of seasoning, LenDale has frickin lost weight and kept it off, O-line is one of the best in the league. D-Line got hurt with the loss of Fat Al, but a lot of people feel that Jason Jones will fill in nicely. LB core and secondary remain the same, and I predict Griffin and Hope will be one of the best safety duos, if not the best in the league

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling for the Texans to put it all together and win it. This division is much weaker than people think.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts. I think Donald Brown will be a huge asset for that offense, Anthony Gonzalez will put up big numbers, and well, Peyton is Peyton. Only thing lacking IMO is a rush defense which should get better.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans IMO are not a playoff team yet. They have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL (the worst saftey tandem hands down), an injury prone QB that even when healthy is inconsistant, a very mediocre D-line (outside of Mario) ,and a unproven linebacker core. Also throw in the fact that depth is an issue on pretty much every level on that team and you have major potential for disaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 08-20-2009 at 01:45 AM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think the Colts are flawed on defense and have NO running game(I think Addia was a fluke). I think the Texans are a long way from a division title. The Jaguars could surprise some people this year but I wouldn't bet on it. The Titans are a very good team. They have a monster secondary that is very stingy and an offensive line that don't give up many sacks. With a 1-2 punch like Cj and White their running game will be insane. They are a scary team and losing Fat Al will hurt them but I don't see it hurting them that much.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collins still got it!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cant go against the Colts here.

All 3 teams will give them a hell of a challenge though, very strong division.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme the Titans here, giving the Texans a wild card cuz they will drink ur milkshake.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
How is losing the head coach going to propel the creatures of habit that are the Colts into the playoffs.

Called the Titans on this one of course. They brought in a number 1 receiver in the draft, held onto their game manager QB, CJ is back after a year of seasoning, LenDale has frickin lost weight and kept it off, O-line is one of the best in the league. D-Line got hurt with the loss of Fat Al, but a lot of people feel that Jason Jones will fill in nicely. LB core and secondary remain the same, and I predict Griffin and Hope will be one of the best safety duos, if not the best in the league
I've thought for years that Dungy was actually hindering the defense and that his departure would mean an upgrade over there. Caldwell already did put a little more emphasis on the DT position, getting Ed Johnson back and drafting Fili Moala, which is sure to help at least a bit their horrendous run D, which is the biggest flaw this team has had for years.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I took the Titans, even though I think it will be a down year for them and the Colts.

I have the Texans winning a wildcard spot.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm, a lot of people like the Texans chances here but I don't think their defense can be playoff team quality. I like their front seven but they need help bad in that secondary. Give me the Colts with Tennessee going 8-8.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Hm, a lot of people like the Texans chances here but I don't think their defense can be playoff team quality. I like their front seven but they need help bad in that secondary. Give me the Colts with Tennessee going 8-8.
every one thought the Texans were going ot be in the playoffs last year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gah. i legitimatly think the texans are the best team in the division right now....ish. titans and colts have glaring weaknesses that may or may not have been addressed. i like the texans as a complete team...if healthy. and that's about the biggest "if" you'll ever see.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
every one thought the Texans were going ot be in the playoffs last year.
And the year before I thought. Although the hurricane last year could have put a speed bump on them.

I went with the Colts. With the new DTs & coordinator, I anticipate them having the best D in the division. If the DTs get the job done, the Colts will have a very strong D-line. The secondary has 2 pro-bowlers and has been together for 3 years now. & with the new DTs Sanders shouldn't need to be the run-stuffer & can stay healthy. His two mostly injury free seasons have occurred when the DT position was most productive/efficient ('05 & '07). Add all of that with the offense and you have a pretty solid team.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falloutboy is right. People have been picking the Texans to make the playoffs like the past 3 seasons in a row. Remember when everyone always used to say the Cardinals were going to break out and finally win their division and make the playoffs? Yeah, the Texans are that new team. And I guess they'll eventually be right if they just keep choosing them.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts.

I just don't trust Kerry Collins.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

I can't believe someone actually said that they choose the Texans because the Titans and Colts have "glaring weaknesses". The Texans have all kinds of weaknesses. The Titans are the best team in that division
John Wall
Old 08-20-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Falloutboy is right. People have been picking the Texans to make the playoffs like the past 3 seasons in a row. Remember when everyone always used to say the Cardinals were going to break out and finally win their division and make the playoffs? Yeah, the Texans are that new team. And I guess they'll eventually be right if they just keep choosing them.
The Texans quarterback is better than he's ever been.
The Texans runningback is better than he's ever been.
The Texans offensive line is better than it's ever been.
The Texans wide receivers are better than they've ever been.
The Texans tight ends are better than they've ever been.
The Texans offensive coordinator is better than he's ever been.

The Texans defensive line is better than it's ever been.
The Texans linebackers are better than they've ever been.
The Texans secondary ... well they still aren't that great, but the safety play is improved from where it used to be.

And the Texans kicker is decent enough.

But yeah, other than that, same old Texans.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say the Colts, although I think 3 playoff teams come from this division again. Sorry Jags.

Also, sorry Ravens.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Texans quarterback is better than he's ever been.
The Texans runningback is better than he's ever been.
The Texans offensive line is better than it's ever been.
The Texans wide receivers are better than they've ever been.
The Texans tight ends are better than they've ever been.
The Texans offensive coordinator is better than he's ever been.

The Texans defensive line is better than it's ever been.
The Texans linebackers are better than they've ever been.
The Texans secondary ... well they still aren't that great, but the safety play is improved from where it used to be.

And the Texans kicker is decent enough.

But yeah, other than that, same old Texans.
I'm still gonna be skeptical until they prove it on the field. I am rooting for Andre Johnson to stay fully healthy though since he's on my fantasy team. Matt Schaub's chances of staying healthy are greatly improved since Albert Haynesworth left the division. haha
Old 08-20-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And he won't see Jared Allen this season either. That poor sap Schaub has taken some hits that had the defenders involved fined afterwards.

But you're right, he and Andre Johnson need to stay healthy. Johnson turned 28 last month, last year he entered the prime of his career. Schaub turned 28 two months ago, similar deal.