Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All Indispensable Team

Before reading another word, knock on wood. Pray that the spate of injuries ransacking NFL training camps does not arrive at the doorstep of a crucial player near you.

Sure, injuries are just part of the game. But it also is true that some injuries are more devastating than others.

Call them the "crippling" injuries when it comes to a team's hopes for 2009. And since losing a starting quarterback, obviously, would be devastating to every team, we left them out of this little exercise.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

My boy Jennings is starting to get nationwide love...

Quote:
Jennings has gone from underrated and overlooked on a national scale to quite possibly the best receiver in the game. Sure, it's probably still either the Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald or the Texans' Andre Johnson that leads the way, and certainly Terrell Owens and Randy Moss would have something to say. But at 26, Jennings is in the discussion.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0OkbxwOVC
It's funny because I think Jennings being invited to Fitz's offseason training has had more of an impact on his hype than anything he's done on the field. It's odd to because the Packers seem to get a ton of media coverage and nationally televised games.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uh they chose Chris Henry for the Bengals...epic fail?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Gonzalez for the Falcons...

Tommie Harris for the Bears...

Shaun Smith for the Lions...

Pierre Thomas for the Saints...

Thanks for a good laugh SI!
Old 08-20-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Tony Gonzalez for the Falcons...

Tommie Harris for the Bears...

Shaun Smith for the Lions...

Thanks for a good laugh SI!
How is Tommie Harris making you laugh?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love the guy to death and stuff and he might have been underrated last season but he influence people expect him to have this season is just crazy

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers is more indispensable than Jennings. Without Jennings they still have plenty of viable options. Without Rodgers, Matt freaking Flynn.

edit...nevermind. No Qbs. duh. Probably should have looked at the link.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-20-2009 at 02:14 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
How is Tommie Harris making you laugh?
Because he isn't key for their defense. Nor has he played at a high level the past 2 years. Give me Briggs, Forte, Tillman, Brown, Olsen, or Urlacher before even bringing up Harris.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow...that list is just terrible.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's pretty bad but, SI always comes out w/ crap like this.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Tony Gonzalez the player for the Falcons?

They did fine without him last year, so what would the difference be this season?

This Lopez character should be taking orders from a drive thru...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he isn't key for their defense. Nor has he played at a high level the past 2 years. Give me Briggs, Forte, Tillman, Brown, Olsen, or Urlacher before even bringing up Harris.
Briggs and urlacher are huge on the defense but LB is the position with the most depth. They would hurt but yea not as crippling.

Olsen is a great TE with huge potential but again, Clark is still an above average TE and it wouldnt be totally crippling.

Forte obviously is huge, but we still have Cutler, but i couldve seen Forte here. He wouldve been my #1 probably.

Alex Brown...no he wouldnt nearly hurt as much.

Tillman would hurt but he he always misses a lot games year in and year out and the CBs we have behind him the young ones are still pretty good.

UT is one of the most important positions if not the most important one in the defense that cant be just replaced as easily. What UTs do we have behind Tommie? We have Marcus Harrison, Israel Idonije and Jarron Gilbert. Dont get me wrong I love Marcus and Israel, but it is Harrisons second year and Israel is a great hustle guy, but none of them come near the level Tommie has when he is healthy. there is a reason why the defense sucked a lot the last 2 years with him injured.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love P-Willy but I would have to say Frank Gore is the most indispensable player on the 49ers. Without Willis our defense wouldn't be bottom 5 but without Gore our offense would be, at least in would have been last year.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Tommie Harris is the key for our defense getting back to what it was a couple years ago. When Tommie goes, our defense goes. He's easily the most important part of our defense and when he's on his game, our defense is dominant because he commands so much attention and that frees other players to make plays.

Our defense is predicated on the pressure we get from the defensive line. It's why Vasher looked liked an all-pro, because we were able to wreak havoc with the front 4 and he was able to freelance. Now that the DL has had trouble getting consistent pressure with the front 4 recently, Vasher has struggled and our secondary looks "weaker."

Tommie is a dominant player when he's healthy and we need him to be near full strength for our defense to be going on all cylinders.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman, Brown, etc aren't valuable, but if Tommie is healthy and ready to go, our defense becomes scary again.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans fans gotta love KVB, but no way is he #1. The Titans have decent enough depth on the DL so losing KVB wouldn't kill the team - they kinda showed that last season, no?

The real player the Titans could NOT afford to lose is LT Michael Roos, and here's why - first, the Titans don't have proven OT depth and, in particular, lack any LT depth at all. Secondly, Roos is one of the best pass blocking LT's in the game and is 90% of why Kerry Collins was sacked so few times. We all know what Kerry Collins looks like with pressure bearing down.

While the DL is more important to the Titans than pass blocking, to say the Titans Super Bowl hopes rest on KVB's mad man shoulders is a big exaggeration. I'd put Chris Johnson and, of course, Michael Roos ahead of him in importance.

EDIT: looking around at the other choices, wow, I guess KVB was one of the better selections reality wise, some of these are terrible choices.

Last edited by OzTitan : 08-20-2009 at 08:54 PM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I love the guy to death and stuff and he might have been underrated last season but he influence people expect him to have this season is just crazy
For real. I think Thomas isn't recognized for how good of a runner he is, because our line forces him to break a tackle in the backfield... but lol?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way is it Greg Jennings for the Packers. He's a great WR and it'd hurt if we lost him, but we'd still have a decent WR group without him. Donald Driver, James Jones, Jordy Nelson, and Ruvell Martin would still be a better 1-4 than some teams have at full strength.

This would be my top five in order:

Aaron Rodgers
Ryan Grant
Aaron Kampman
Cullen Jenkins
Chad Clifton
Old 08-20-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand why they picked Mason for the Ravens but I got to with E Reed. Although the defense is excellent the corners are the weakness. They could exposed against top WR's. But, becuase #20 is patrolling deep, very few teams challenge the Ravens deep. And when theydo, he makes them pay. Reed's presence allows the front seven to bring so much pressure and exotic looks because they have the confidence teams aren't going to go deep on them.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben would be a bigger blow to our team than Aaron Smith.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so SI believes Thomas>>>Brees

ok gotcha.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how KVB is indispensable? The Titans have kinda grown accustomed to not having him on the field for 2-3 games a season. If anyone is indispensable its Bulluck or Roos or Mawae

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Big Ben would be a bigger blow to our team than Aaron Smith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
so SI believes Thomas>>>Brees

ok gotcha.
Read the article...

Quote:
And since losing a starting quarterback, obviously, would be devastating to every team, we left them out of this little exercise.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How on Earth is a guy that you spent a 2nd rounder to get is your most valuable player? To me thats saying none of your current players you value for a 1st or 2nd.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

I hate people who dont read the thread.