Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
got to get your foot in the door somewhere.
If I went to the Raiders it would be in the hope that I could do something right and get someone to take notice somewhere so I could catch on with an actual Professional franchise.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
If I went to the Raiders it would be in the hope that I could do something right and get someone to take notice somewhere so I could catch on with an actual Professional franchise.
Thats the thing the only time the Raiders get noticed is when stuff like this happens that doesn't make teams around the league say gee we should hire that guy.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
When did you become a mod? Im sure if they want it moved, merged, or deleted, they will handle it.

Anyways, this is unfortunate. The Raiders looked great in their preseason opener, and it seemed as though Cable had them on the right track. They looked focused and like they were making progress. Its a shame to hear this well all be undone, by the looks of things.
holy crap, just ****. it is natural to show others that there is already a thread for the same stuff so please, get a life and do something else then be mr. cranky pants

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
That's the second time I've quoted you in this here thread. You know what that means? Somebody has an e-crush... *blushes*
Great minds think alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Getting a coaching position in the NFL is likely FAR harder than in college, so I imagine that even if you only got one year in the NFL, that is awesome on your coaching resume, and could help you get a nice college position.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
When did you become a mod? Im sure if they want it moved, merged, or deleted, they will handle it.

Anyways, this is unfortunate. The Raiders looked great in their preseason opener, and it seemed as though Cable had them on the right track. They looked focused and like they were making progress. Its a shame to hear this well all be undone, by the looks of things.
Big Thank You to APS here. I gave this its own thread b/c the situation was escalated by several degrees of magnitude when the Thursday story broke, it wasn't just a sucker punch, hell-oooo, it resulted in a freaking fractured jaw. And reported to the police as reqd. by CA law which = an assault charge if the complaint is preferred.

And lots of forthcoming civil suits litigation. And more Raider employees fired. And as APS says, it will affect the fortunes of the franchise going into this season as it affects their locker room, I don't think it can't help help but further undermine the least stable team in the NFL.

About Tim Kawakami, I was told by a former MercNews sportswriter who now works for the SF Chronicle that he was hired to appeal to their large Asian readership here, & he has has ridden the horse of the Token Asian Sportswriter covering the Raiders for a lot of local fame, gets meaningless awards annually from the Asian community for it, etc.

Coming from the Deep South I have an acute radar for racism & ethnic preferential treatment, &, you're right, it really irks me in Kawakami's case b/c he doesn't know jack about most pro sports -- any J-school college freshman could cover the Raiders self-implosion over the past 5-6 seasons & 3-4 HCs in a tongue-in-cheek manner ridiculing them. It's not a well kept secret what's wrong with this cracked-at-the-core team. Kawakami, whose overall sports reporting is amateurish as you say, just plays to the crowd while wrapped in his teflon minority status, attack him & the response is always all the Asians screaming Racism, & that's just plain bullcrap.

I'm surprised anyone takes the Raiders of 2009 seriously anymore, even Raider homers. And I didn't put this thread on their team page b/c I knew I would get vilified by the homers there who have skins way too thin for their clownishly managed, completely inept tyrannical dictatorship front office. We're going to see more & more juvenile acts coming from this team as long as Al Davis insists on team employees being loyal to him personally 1st & the team 2nd & runs his team like Don Vito Corleone ran his Mob family.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it still belongs in one thread. just rename the title or whatever.

To the matter, id like to hear all the witnesses first before judging. Obviously Hanson is gonna say he punched him and Cable is gonna say he didnt. We need more witnesses and see what this all was about

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Big Thank You to APS here. I gave this its own thread b/c the situation was escalated by several degrees of magnitude when the Thursday story broke, it wasn't just a sucker punch, hell-oooo, it resulted in a freaking fractured jaw. And reported to the police as reqd. by CA law which = an assault charge if the complaint is preferred.
it was my thread i started and its cool but it was never just a "sucker punch" it mentioned the things you mentioned...

Quote:
Hanson arrived to receive treatment for what was described as an injured jaw. X-rays were taken. The results are not known, although one NFL source told FanHouse Hanson sustained a fractured jaw as a result of the punch.
Quote:
Hanson told police the alleged assault took place at the Raiders' training camp site the day before, but he refused to name the attacker, which is hindering a police investigation into whether misdemeanor or even felony assault charges may be filed. A jaw fracture could warrant felony charges, but the fact the victim is unwilling to pursue the matter criminally is not surprising, given the cloistered nature of the tight-knit NFL coaching fraternity.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote