Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Misleading college stats from gimmicky offense and still not with team by 3rd pre season game. I smell a future bust.
Usually the gimmicky offenses are misleading for QBs, not the guys who catch the ball.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Usually the gimmicky offenses are misleading for QBs, not the guys who catch the ball.
you still have to run routes...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Same with everyone else in the country.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Jeremy Maclin?
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
He wasn't the highest rated WR in the draft?
Clearly the Raiders had DHB rated higher. You can say whatever you want about Crabtree - top 5 talent, top rated WR, etc. The fact is that he wasn't the 1st WR drafted, and he wasn't a top 5 pick. He was picked 10th, he gets paid that way.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
Clearly the Raiders had DHB rated higher. You can say whatever you want about Crabtree - top 5 talent, top rated WR, etc. The fact is that he wasn't the 1st WR drafted, and he wasn't a top 5 pick. He was picked 10th, he gets paid that way.
The Raiders also had Michael Mitchell as that top rated safety...

I thought you meant that he wasn't top rated like by Kiper and Mayock, stuff like that.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is not totally true. The spread offenses create more space and easier reads for College QB's but also allow more space for the wide out for the run after the catch as well as an easier time dealing with safeties.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This is not totally true. The spread offenses create more space and easier reads for College QB's but also allow more space for the wide out for the run after the catch as well as an easier time dealing with safeties.
Well when it's all said and done, they still have to catch the ball like everyone else. Crabtree was even allowed to show off his ability to run after catch in those screens they run so well.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well when it's all said and done, they still have to catch the ball like everyone else. Crabtree was even allowed to show off his ability to run after catch in those screens they run so well.
Oh, I am just saying it can skew a receivers numbers as well. I think Crabtree is going to be a player. He just needs to get in camp.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Oh, I am just saying it can skew a receivers numbers as well. I think Crabtree is going to be a player. He just needs to get in camp.
No denying he needs to be in camp. Damn I wish he would just sign with us already. MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL!

Old 08-26-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Other thing ive been wondering. why do all those negotiations start so late?
It usually trickles down after the 1st pick is signed and so forth to about the 10th then everyone knows what they will be getting and signs but it hasnt' worked out that way.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"On Crabtree, my first guess: Labor Day. A day or two before; a day or two after. That's the most likely time for him to accept SF's deal"
-Matt Maiocco, Niners beat writer.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
Camp and preseason are huge for rookies. If I was an owner I would start to reduce my offer the longer a player misses camp. You don't pay a player just to show up for games, but to get prepared to play as good as possible. For rookies their first season is about improving themselves to play at a high level, the second and third season is when they really step up and earn big salaries.

If they miss camp their improvement in rookie year is greatly reduced. Missing a bunch of regular season games is less important than going to camp.

After camp is over I would demand they take less than last season got. They will have to take that as they'd lose so much if they re-entered the draft. They'd likely sit out the first bunch of games, but the impact of those games isn't so big if they've already missed camp.
You would make an excellent owner.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everything credible should come with one.
Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The Raiders also had Michael Mitchell as that top rated safety...

I thought you meant that he wasn't top rated like by Kiper and Mayock, stuff like that.
No, for this discussion his ranking by the media isn't relevant.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Just because you have a link to something doesn't make it factual or credible.

I remember when people had links up during the 2008 draft about players who failed drug tests at the combine, and the rumors turned up false.
No but it's much better than: "Word is so and so doesn't wanna play".

Old 08-28-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The longer Crabtree sits out, the more overrated he becomes.

It's not like he's a Randy Moss type freak athlete who can expect to excel in the pros simply because he's the best athlete on the field.

He needs to be in TC working on timing with his QB. If Crabtree misses the entire preseason, his rookie year will bust BIG TIME.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i feel sorry for who ever has to draft in the top 10 next year, this is of course if Crabtree gets the money he wants.
And that's not going to happen. Crabtree is just screwing himself over big time. Plain and simple.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Niner fan, I am extremely disheartened by Crabtree's situation. I am just hoping that this turns out similarly to one of Eugene Parker's older clients... Deion Sanders held out until a week prior to the opening game.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if he signs before the first game, he still gets his money. So, whether or not he shows up now or September 12th, it doesnt matter much.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how people are finding ways to subtly blame the Raiders (Davis and Bey specifically) for Michael Crabtree's holdout. This is on no one but Crabtree and his team. They are the ones trying to break the slotting system that has been in place for so long. the Raiders have nothing to do with it. They actually got their 1st round pick in time--the reciprocal of that is also true--their first round pick actually came in on time and didn't hold out.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T R I N G View Post
You would make an excellent owner.
That's what AJ Smith does and he's widely regarded as one of the best GMs in the business. To be honest, I think this is only fair. In the Raiders' scenario, they paid Jamarcus Russell a 6-year deal but they only got 5 years out of him because he missed so much time from his holdout. So that means, in reality, the yearly salary of Russell's contract was even more bloated than on paper.

If I'm a GM/owner, I will pay you for what I am going to get out of you. As you skip camp/preseason looking for more money the time I have you in season 1 goes down. And thus so will your contract offer.

It's worked for Smith.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote