Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Philip Rivers signs 6 year $92M extension.

Between $38-$39M in guaranteed money. It's the breaking news on ESPN News.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds about right

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I drafted him hoping that he'd be trying to play for that contract.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little but surprised that both the Giants and Chargers took the plunge, given the labor uncertainty for 2011. Granted I don't think it will come to a lockout, there's too much good money for both sides, but you never know. I probably would have franchise tagged these guys for 2010, myself. But their franchises have shown a real commitment to them in getting the deals done now.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm a little but surprised that both the Giants and Chargers took the plunge, given the labor uncertainty for 2011. Granted I don't think it will come to a lockout, there's too much good money for both sides, but you never know. I probably would have franchise tagged these guys for 2010, myself. But their franchises have shown a real commitment to them in getting the deals done now.
its all about trust and assuring them they got the starting job right mcDaniels?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I'm a little but surprised that both the Giants and Chargers took the plunge, given the labor uncertainty for 2011.
it'd be best to have them locked up through the potentially uncapped season, because someone might offer him a giant contract in that window.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice.. Although he's a dick, he deserves the money.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad we signed Aaron Rodgers when we did.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds fairly accurate.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Nice.. Although he's a dick, he deserves the money.
He's a dick because he beasts the Raiders ass a couple times a year? Or because he mouthed off at poor little Jay "I'm a *****" Cutler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
He's a dick because he beasts the Raiders ass a couple times a year? Or because he mouthed off at poor little Jay "I'm a *****" Cutler?
I'm sure they're both factors in his conclusion but have you seen how the guy carries himself? I can see why so many people don't like him. And I don't want another thread devoted to arguing about how much Rivers is liked or disliked and reasons why. Let's talk about the contract. Smart move by the Chargers and it's a fairly good deal for Rivers as well. Like cvv said; I'm also very happy with the timing of the Rodgers deal.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About the same as Eli. No question who I'd rather have.

If that's the market for Cutler I'd be fine with it. There is speculation that he is next but there are still a few years left on his contract so I'm not sure how much incentive there is for the Bears to do it unless he takes less money.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People can say what the want about Rivers he is a hell of a player I would take him first out of his draft class in a second he is the 3rd best QB in the game after Brady and Peyton IMO.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
People can say what the want about Rivers he is a hell of a player I would take him first out of his draft class in a second he is the 3rd best QB in the game after Brady and Peyton IMO.
3rd best is a stretch and I think you know that. Drew Brees. Is it a homer statement to also take Aaron Rodgers over him for next year and years to come?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's certainly in the conversation for 3rd best. He also had an MVP caliber season last year w/ a gimpy LT. He's fantastic and he really doesnt get enough credit because, he's always had a great supporting cast. But he makes them all better and he's had to carry that team without the likes of LT and Gates in there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-24-2009 at 10:34 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
3rd best is a stretch and I think you know that. Drew Brees. Is it a homer statement to also take Aaron Rodgers over him for next year and years to come?
Being a Chiefs fan I watch alot of SD games and I really don't think its a stretch at all you could argue Brees sure but Rivers is in the mix for the #3 spot and would get my vote.

Last edited by Splat : 08-24-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is the best QB from the class he was drafted in and realistically the best young QB in the NFL. I like the signing for SD.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
About the same as Eli. No question who I'd rather have.

If that's the market for Cutler I'd be fine with it. There is speculation that he is next but there are still a few years left on his contract so I'm not sure how much incentive there is for the Bears to do it unless he takes less money.
I think he decides to f with the bears and doesn't sign a contract extension the season before he becomes a FA. But that's just a gut feeling, have nothing to go on right now.

Good for Rivers, he got paid and rightfully so. One of the best young QB's in the league.

Quote:
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rivers is my Lord.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I'm sure they're both factors in his conclusion but have you seen how the guy carries himself? I can see why so many people don't like him. And I don't want another thread devoted to arguing about how much Rivers is liked or disliked and reasons why. Let's talk about the contract. Smart move by the Chargers and it's a fairly good deal for Rivers as well. Like cvv said; I'm also very happy with the timing of the Rodgers deal.
Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 08-24-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I think he decides to f with the bears and doesn't sign a contract extension the season before he becomes a FA. But that's just a gut feeling, have nothing to go on right now.

Good for Rivers, he got paid and rightfully so. One of the best young QB's in the league.
I think it depends on how chicago goes under his remaining years, if they tank it and there's a contender with an opening he'll leave but if they come close over the next couple of years with Cutler at the helm he might want to stick around.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
This is sad. You had some great arguments until bringing that **** up out of left field.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I think it depends on how chicago goes under his remaining years, if they tank it and there's a contender with an opening he'll leave but if they come close over the next couple of years with Cutler at the helm he might want to stick around.
I could see it, but I think (my opinion, no substantial evidence) that the Vikings are setting themselves up nicely. If Cutler for any reason doesn't like it and jumps ship, the Vikings have a hole that will open up after Favre (cause Jackson will probably leave and they won't give Rosenhaus an honest shot). That would be an incredible offense to see

Quote:
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

how is it out of left field? people act like he's this bad guy who talks **** on the field all the time without backing it up, and yet we're suppose to be alright with Vick and Little playing?

Regardless, Philip is a great guy and a great role model. He plays the game the way it should be played, with passion and energy, and leaves everything out on the field.

Anywho, carry on. Phil got paid!!! :)

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 08-24-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

T'was out of left field because nobody came even near of saying that Rivers shouldn't be playing, or mentionning Little/Vick.

Besides that, I'm seconding pretty much all you've said.