Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn we got drew brees cheap for 60 million 10 million guaranteed.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
3rd best is a stretch and I think you know that. Drew Brees. Is it a homer statement to also take Aaron Rodgers over him for next year and years to come?
I think it is a huge homer statement indeed. Aaron's very good, but he hasn't nearly had success like Rivers has had yet.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
I think it is a huge homer statement indeed. Aaron's very good, but he hasn't nearly had success like Rivers has had yet.
well Aaron has been average while Rivers has been above average. The only Excellent QB's i can think of are P. Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer, McNabb.

I left Big Ben off because he has more weapons and the best defense in football to fall back on.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How in the world has Carson Palmer been excellent?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
How in the world has Carson Palmer been excellent?
up until he got hurt how many people considered him a top 3 QB? Especially on here.

put him on a real team with a real coaching staff and he contends for a SB.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
Can you please stop ruining every thread by continuing with this argument
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
up until he got hurt how many people considered him a top 3 QB? Especially on here.
People were wrong. He never earned that.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't been lurking much, dealing with serious family issues, but I have to post in this thread obviously. Very glad to see Philip locked up long term, his play at the QB position has been magnificent the last few years. Up there with anybody if you look at some of the throws he's made, at the clutchest times. I have no doubt he'll eventually go on a January winning streak, and coming from a Charger fan that confidence was not come by easily.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely worth it for the Chargers.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

phillip is gross and bad
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a good QB, in a good system, and I think it was a good deal for him. I am happy for him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well Aaron has been average
Average? Ha. Really? He was a first year starter last year on a team riddled by injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking at the wins and losses rather than his stats. Here you go:

4,038 yards (Top 5)
28 TD's (Top 5)
13 INT's ( 1 more than Manning, 2 more than Rivers)

This is a kudos to the WR, but nonetheless:
48 Completions of 20+ (Top 5)
16 Completions of 40+ (Top 5)

That is not average, sir. He's above average. I'm not arguing that he is better than Phillip right now, but I would take Rodgers over Rivers in the long run.

/homer

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worth every penny.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to see this, he deserves it.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
People were wrong. He never earned that.
i disagree. he's had bad luck with injuries, but when healthy, this dude was great. absolutely everything you want in a franchise QB. he's gotta earn it again, but i think people forget how good he really was.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Of course I've seen how he carries himself. If you watch news clippings and hear some pundits talk then of course your opinion would be negative. EVERYONE was on Jay Cutlers jock that year. The cameras caught Philip and not Jay. Big whoop. He didn't curse. He's an amazing father. He's competitive. He believes in himself, his teamates, and the organization and he gets fired up when someone tries to challenge that. Does that make him a "dick" or a sports figure to look up to? If I had a son, I'd love for him to want to play the sport like Philip. I'm sure no opinions will be changed by my post, but it irks me when people talk about him like he's killing dogs or killing people while driving drunk. But hey, lets embrace Mike Vick and Leonard Little cuz everyone deserves a 2nd chance, right?
i got your back on this. and i don't know why people are getting all upset about somebody defending phil rivers in a thread about phil rivers.

so, he called out another QB and opposing fans once. big freaking deal.

peyton manning calls out his own team all the time and he gets a free pass because he gets to make funny commercials.

and, how many qbs get in sideline fights with their WRs? not phil rivers. by all accounts he's a great leader. and i have no problem chalking up his "dick" moves as playing with passion.

i think it's a damn shame him and cutler couldn't stay in the same division. because that kind of intense rivalry between 2 of the best young QBs in the game would've been GREAT for the NFL.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Can you please stop ruining every thread by continuing with this argument
Umm, no. But thanks for playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Average? Ha. Really? He was a first year starter last year on a team riddled by injuries on the defensive side of the ball. I think you're looking at the wins and losses rather than his stats. Here you go:

4,038 yards (Top 5)
28 TD's (Top 5)
13 INT's ( 1 more than Manning, 2 more than Rivers)

This is a kudos to the WR, but nonetheless:
48 Completions of 20+ (Top 5)
16 Completions of 40+ (Top 5)

That is not average, sir. He's above average. I'm not arguing that he is better than Phillip right now, but I would take Rodgers over Rivers in the long run.

/homer
ok, Rodgers was above average last year. happy?
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
worth every penny.
Blue, I was wondering how you would rate Rivers' ability to read defenses. I was wondering if you could give me your analysis of his strengths and weaknesses. I know Eli does a very good job in this regard (he has to when he has to deal with the defenses of the NFC Easts).
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
damn we got drew brees cheap for 60 million 10 million guaranteed.
Yeah, definitely got a good deal all things considering with his shoulder injury. Interestingly enough, Brees was the same age Rivers is when he signed that contract. Man, how contracts have grown in the past three years.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: Does Cutler get over $100M?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Depends on his production with the Bears.

I can't stand Rivers but he's a very good QB. Worth every penny.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
Blue, I was wondering how you would rate Rivers' ability to read defenses. I was wondering if you could give me your analysis of his strengths and weaknesses. I know Eli does a very good job in this regard (he has to when he has to deal with the defenses of the NFC Easts).
LOL. No disrespect to BBD, but how in god's name would he know? BBD do you have the chargers playbook on you? It's impossible to answer that question because:

1. He doesn't have the playbook, which has the plays, progressions, and WR & TE section with routes and reads in it. He also doesn't know the hand signals that Rivers might give a WR without having to change the whole play.

2. He doesn't have the coach's tape to see ALL the routes and what the defense is playing

3. He doesn't have a head set to know what the exact play is, being called..

I could be wrong, but if BBD has all these things at his disposal then he very well can answer that question very, very accurately.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I would hope not he is not on that level as of now.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Rivers, he's probably my second favorite QB in the league behind Romo (of course, homer), and he deserves every cent of this contract.

Also, for the Aaron Rodgers talk, come back to me when he wins more than 6 games in a season. Rivers has won playoff games and been to conference championships. So, it isn't even a discussion, for me.