Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,019
Reputation: 13512
Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ugh, Vick and McNabb will not fight. Apparently nobody understands that McNabb was the one who TOLD Andy Reid to look into Vick.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,389
Reputation: 2502635
Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Ugh, Vick and McNabb will not fight. Apparently nobody understands that McNabb was the one who TOLD Andy Reid to look into Vick.
So he says. We don't know what really happened. It wouldn't be the first time McNabb towed the company line.
__________________
Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 11,389
Reputation: 2502635
Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Giants
-- Eli will suck pretty bad
-- Jacobs will get injured
-- Bradshaw will be pretty damn good
-- No WR get anything done except Nicks
-- D is great
-- Osi is not
-- Wild Card and pray for horrid Jan weather. If so, SB IMHO.

Cowboys
-- O will be great ...
-- Until one of the OL goes down
-- Jones might average 8 YPC on 150 carries.
-- WR are much better than expected
-- D suffers lack of true NT and ILB
-- Win division but get bounced

Redskins
-- Haynesworth is a bust
-- Campbell is a bust
-- Coach gets fired
-- WR, except Moss, are over-rated
-- OL over-rated
-- Last place
-- Landry hurts a few people

Eagles
-- Vicka and McNabb fight
-- WR over-rated
-- D plays much better than expected
-- Wesbrook is too injured too often
-- OL looks good though
-- third
Gee I wonder which team you are a fan of.
__________________
Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji


DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Gee I wonder which team you are a fan of.
I think only the G-Men can make it ..... I think they have the best D in Football going into the season. I just am not a fan of the O.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I think only the G-Men can make it ..... I think they have the best D in Football going into the season. I just am not a fan of the O.
And yet you're a fan of the cowboys O which is just as one-dimensional under Garrett.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 144
Reputation: 519
ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.
Default nfc east

1. Giants: Best o-line and d-line in the east! Eli is a legitimate stud at QB.

2. Eagles: Better coach than Dallas.

3. Dallas: The talent is there, but coach sucks!

4. Washington: Bad front office and bad coach.....
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the real world
Posts: 1,384
Reputation: 23294
herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
And yet you're a fan of the cowboys O which is just as one-dimensional under Garrett.
For whatever reason, I rather have our 11 on O than the Giants ALL-in-ALL.

I know GMen fans love Eli and think the world of the OLine but I don't think them very good w/o Plax. Much more one dimensional than any Offense in the NFC East right now if you ask me.

With that stated, I think the GMen might have the most talented WR Core in the NFC top-to-bottom.... but first they need to develop and also they need to carve out roles.

I have seen enough GMen to know Plax was like an outlet valve for Eli every time **** broke down. He could just chuck it up there and Plax would get it. Maybe Ramses B can provide that but the WR core in GMan land is way too young IMHO. Eli is going to have issues with completions versus blitzing teams. WHo is he going to trust? Nicks? Smith? Ramses? Moss? Who??? Boss? No way.

With respect to your running game, it is very good but playing all 16 with 8-9 in the box will have its toll on Jacobs and Bradshaw.

Hey, I like the GMen come January. No Plax, new D Coordinator, young skill players on O .... I think come Jan some of that goes away for playoff time as your team identifies roles for these young guys, D Coord get his rep down.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-08-2009 at 12:38 AM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,208
Reputation: 460581
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Redskins

-- WR, except Moss, are over-rated
-- OL over-rated
How can the WRs outside Moss and the O Line be overrated when both are considered below average? The expectations of the young WRs are high but neither of them are considered highly rated at this point. And the O Line is widely recognized as the weakest piece of the team.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

So this is not really a prediction based on all things being equal. This is basically some dreamt up scenario that is not based on who is the best team. Who's to say Giants will acquire some big name player? All things being equal the Giants are overrated and don't have one legit star receiver on their team at TE or WR. I don't know why everyone has them doing so well.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
And yet you're a fan of the cowboys O which is just as one-dimensional under Garrett.
In what way is our offense one-dimensional?
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
In what way is our offense one-dimensional?
So quincy, how is that 53 man roster projection of yours with all of our rookies in it lookin'?

Eat Crow.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
1. Giants: Best o-line and d-line in the east! Eli is a legitimate stud at QB.
Eli Manning had his best season as a QB last year and only had an 86 QB rating. Romo has never fell below 90 any of the seasons he has played. Eli is far from being a stud QB. He is a good bus driver QB and benefits greatly from a good defense and run game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post

2. Eagles: Better coach than Dallas.
Only if he was as good a father as he is a coach

McNabb is on the decline and Vick is not going to be the factor people think he will be coming out of Prison.

Plus Ware dominates Vick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
3. Dallas: The talent is there, but coach sucks!
yeah because Wade has a 22-10 record since being here in Dallas and his defense led the league in sacks with 59. What an awful coach. [/sarcasm] Not saying he is great. He still needs to win a playoff game, then again neither did the supposedly great Parcells when he was here with us.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 09-08-2009 at 09:06 PM.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So quincy, how is that 53 man roster projection of yours with all of our rookies in it lookin'?

Eat Crow.
If not for Brandon Williams getting injured 9 of our players would have made the roster (Brewster is on PUP and will certainly be given a spot when he comes back). So 9 made the roster (subtracting the 2 7th rounders and Smith a 5th rounder). I said around 10, and 9 is around ten. I can't imagine what you are so obliviously beating your chest about.

And not that it matters, but despite being cut Deangelo Smith made another team's roster.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
If not for Brandon Williams getting injured 9 of our players would have made the roster (Brewster is on PUP and will certainly be given a spot when he comes back). So 9 made the roster (subtracting the 2 7th rounders and Smith a 5th rounder). I said around 10, and 9 is around ten. I can't imagine what you are so obliviously beating your chest about.

And not that it matters, but despite being cut Deangelo Smith made another team's roster.
Not that I thought you'd man up to it anyways...

IF, IF, IF.... Nice excuses.

There are 6 of our 12 draft picks on our final 53 man roster. You didn't say that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not that I thought you'd man up to it anyways...

IF, IF, IF.... Nice excuses.

There are 6 of our 12 draft picks on our final 53 man roster. You didn't say that.
Ah yes I forgot about Hodge who was placed on IR.

How did you come up with that number? Jason Williams, Butler, McGee, Hamlin, Buehler, Phillips, and Brewster is on PUP and will certainly be on the roster when he gets better. That is 7.

You're arguement is that our draft was not talented enough to make our roster. Not that they would get injured. Sorry but I am not clairvoyant and can foresee injuries. Fact of the matter is if Brandon Williams and Stephen Hodge were not placed on IR all indications point to them making the roster. Only 3 out of the 12 were outright cut, and two of them were 7th rounders and one of them was a fifth rounder, who made another team's roster. So apparently he was talented enough to make an NFL roster.

Anyhow. Your point was that the front office made poor choices in the draft. You can't blame them for 2 players getting put on IR and whom have never had a serious injury in their college careers, so that was totally unforeseen. So basically you are pissed because 3 players out of twelve were outright cut: two 7th rounders and a 5th rounder. Is that really something to get upset about? Get real.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Ah yes I forgot about Hodge who was placed on IR.

How did you come up with that number? Jason Williams, Butler, McGee, Hamlin, Buehler, Phillips, and Brewster is on PUP and will certainly be on the roster when he gets better. That is 7.

You're arguement is that our draft was not talented enough to make our roster. Not that they would get injured. Sorry but I am not clairvoyant and can foresee injuries. Fact of the matter is if Brandon Williams and Stephen Hodge were not placed on IR all indications point to them making the roster. Only 3 out of the 12 were outright cut, and two of them were 7th rounders and one of them was a fifth rounder, who made another team's roster. So apparently he was talented enough to make an NFL roster.

Anyhow. Your point was that the front office made poor choices in the draft. You can't blame them for 2 players getting put on IR and whom have never had a serious injury in their college careers, so that was totally unforeseen. So basically you are pissed because 3 players out of twelve were outright cut: two 7th rounders and a 5th rounder. Is that really something to get upset about? Get real.
Unfortunately, this is a bottom line business and injuries are a part of the equation whether that is fair or not. Nobody is gonna give a damn about "what's fair" when it comes down to it. In the end, real results are the only thing that will determine how good or bad this draft was. The guys that were cut or got injured that didn't help the team make for piss poor draft value. ...and I'm not one to toss aside the value of picks. Especially when you consider how late many of our starts were drafted. I'm just seeing the sand fall between my fingers here. Trying to find something positive coming from this draft, but the reality is that there is a lot of waste. Wasted picks = Egg on Jerry's face.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Unfortunately, this is a bottom line business and injuries are a part of the equation whether that is fair or not. Nobody is gonna give a damn about "what's fair" when it comes down to it. In the end, real results are the only thing that will determine how good or bad this draft was. The guys that were cut or got injured that didn't help the team make for piss poor draft value. ...and I'm not one to toss aside the value of picks. Especially when you consider how late many of our starts were drafted. I'm just seeing the sand fall between my fingers here. Trying to find something positive coming from this draft, but the reality is that there is a lot of waste. Wasted picks = Egg on Jerry's face.
So if picks get injured in their rookie year that means they are busts and are equivalent to being cut? That is patently absurd. They weren't really expect to make any significant contribution to this team this year anyhow. Especially since they were a 4th and 6th rounders. Their value to the team will come one to two years down the road.

Not to mention that our 7th rounders are on our practice squad and could very well join the roster down the road and make a contribution to the team just like Patrick Crayton did when he was on the practice squad the first year.

Anyhow my point was that around ten picks were good picks because they were talented enough to make the roster and your point was they weren't talented enough to make the roster. And in fact around ten would have made the roster if they weren't injured and you know it. Injuries did not factor at all in any of our discussions. Now you are shifting the line. Our argument was about talent, but since you can't win on that point you change the course of the discussion. Nice try.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
So if picks get injured in their rookie year that means they are busts and are equivalent to being cut? That is patently absurd. They weren't really expect to make any significant contribution to this team this year anyhow. Especially since they were a 4th and 6th rounders. Their value to the team will come one to two years down the road.

Not to mention that our 7th rounders are on our practice squad and could very well join the roster down the road and make a contribution to the team just like Patrick Crayton did when he was on the practice squad the first year.

Anyhow my point was that around ten picks were good picks because they were talented enough to make the roster and your point was they weren't talented enough to make the roster. And in fact around ten would have made the roster if they weren't injured and you know it. Injuries did not factor at all in any of our discussions. Now you are shifting the line. Our argument was about talent, but since you can't win on that point you change the course of the discussion. Nice try.
More putting words in my mouth. Sigh. Where did I call the guys hurt being busts already? I said they were wasted picks. We still may get value from them, but is Robert Brewster a 3rd round pick in value today? Brandon Williams a 4th round value today? etc etc. If the draft was today, we wouldn't sniff them that early. The difference is, you don't blame management. I'm saying where there's waste, there's fault. Fault that ulitmately must fall on Jerry's shoulders, no matter what's "Fair".

Of course we spoke about injuries. Brewster's at the time. What I just said above is a repeat of what I said earlier over and over again. Just more players are now involved. I can't sit here and say we didn't draft talented players. That was never my beef anyways. I said we reached. I think we did. I said we shouldn't have traded out of 51. Still think so today. I think we had a lot of draft picks that we could've used to get quality over quantitiy. Now that quantity appears to be slipping away. So we get neither quality or quantitiy. Instead waste.

You can still think this year's draft was great and all. You can ignore the fact that the guys you thought would make the team didn't. Meanwhile, I'll just call it like I see it. Not an entire waste, but mistakes galore.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
More putting words in my mouth. Sigh. Where did I call the guys hurt being busts already? I said they were wasted picks.
Wasted picks = Busts. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You say To-may-to I say To-mah-to. You are doing an extremely poor job covering up your ridiculous assertions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
is Robert Brewster a 3rd round pick in value today? Brandon Williams a 4th round value today? etc etc. If the draft was today, we wouldn't sniff them that early. The difference is, you don't blame management. I'm saying where there's waste, there's fault. Fault that ulitmately must fall on Jerry's shoulders, no matter what's "Fair".
Um and who exactly did we expect Brewster to beat out for a starting job? Colombo? Davis? Kosier? I sincerely doubt that Tom and Jerry were under any illusion that a third round lineman would beat out one of our starters. Brewster was picked as a developmental prospect to eventually start down the road. Not this year. Saying we lost value because Brewster was put on PUP or that Tom and Jerry would not have taken him where they did because of his injury is ridiculous. Same goes for Brandon Williams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The difference is, you don't blame management. I'm saying where there's waste, there's fault. Fault that ulitmately must fall on Jerry's shoulders, no matter what's "Fair".
All of these players who got injured didn't have an injury history in college. So no I don't blame the management for not foreseeing the unforeseeable. And it has nothing to do with "fair." It has to do with you being ridiculous. Sometimes no one is to blame. You can't accept that. The same argument you are making the Nazis used for the Jews. Was it their fault that the German economy went in the crapper? No, but the Jews got blamed for it whether it was "fair" or not. Now obviously that example is an hyperbole. But it illustrates my point that assigning blame just for the sake of assigning blame is stupid, and often gets you into trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What I just said above is a repeat of what I said earlier over and over again. Just more players are now involved. I can't sit here and say we didn't draft talented players. That was never my beef anyways. I said we reached. I think we did. I said we shouldn't have traded out of 51. Still think so today. I think we had a lot of draft picks that we could've used to get quality over quantitiy. Now that quantity appears to be slipping away. So we get neither quality or quantitiy. Instead waste.

You can still think this year's draft was great and all. You can ignore the fact that the guys you thought would make the team didn't. Meanwhile, I'll just call it like I see it. Not an entire waste, but mistakes galore.
And I pointed out to you we didn't overreach. Consensus was Jason Williams and Robert Brewster were third rounders. The only person you can legitimately say that we "reached" for was Victor Butler who most people had ranked a lot lower than where we drafted him. And look how that turned out. Furthermore, we needed all those players we drafted. We needed around 10 new players. OLB Brandon Williams being put on IR, necessitated us picking up OLB Curtis Johnson. Safety Deangelo Smith being cut necessitated us picking Safety Marvin White. Because of the lack of depth on this team (as last year's injuries showed) we didn't really have the luxury of packaging numerous picks to get a few potentially more talented players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think we had a lot of draft picks that we could've used to get quality over quantitiy. Now that quantity appears to be slipping away. So we get neither quality or quantitiy. Instead waste.
If you were expecting Hodge, Williams, and Brewster to making a significant contribution this year your expectations were way way way too high. Who is Hodge going to beat out: James or Brooking? Who is Williams going to beat out Ware or Spencer? Did you expect Brewster to beat out Colombo? They are rookies not Free agents. You don't seem to understand the difference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

You can still think this year's draft was great and all. You can ignore the fact that the guys you thought would make the team didn't. Meanwhile, I'll just call it like I see it. Not an entire waste, but mistakes galore.
I don't think this year's draft was great, but it was good and what this team needed. And The only guy that I thought that would make it and got cut was Deangelo Smith, so you are not really calling it as you are seeing it. You are just being ridiculous.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Wasted picks = Busts. I'm not putting words in your mouth. You say To-may-to I say To-mah-to. You are doing an extremely poor job covering up your ridiculous assertions.
Tell me what is ridiculous about saying this draft sucked when we had 12 picks and only 6 are on the 53 man roster on opening day? Great job you say? Sigh. There is a difference between wasted picks and busts. It's called draft value. But I guess that's what you want to fail to acknowledge. People usually do that when they're losing a debate. We got crap value out of our picks. How do you defend that? ..By saying my logic is screwed and avoiding the facts. That's how. lol. Terrible ... dare I say cowardly approach? I started off by saying we never maximized our draft assets. I stand by that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Um and who exactly did we expect Brewster to beat out for a starting job? Colombo? Davis? Kosier? I sincerely doubt that Tom and Jerry were under any illusion that a third round lineman would beat out one of our starters. Brewster was picked as a developmental prospect to eventually start down the road. Not this year. Saying we lost value because Brewster was put on PUP or that Tom and Jerry would not have taken him where they did because of his injury is ridiculous. Same goes for Brandon Williams.
OK, so you think a year on PUP is the equivalent as a year of health and being on the team.

Did I expect him to start? No. Did I expect that Proctor and McQuistan would start last year and that we'd have to trade for Holland too? No. We knew that this was going to be a development year for Brewster, but he's not even doing that. If you think reading the playbook is the equivalent then... :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
All of these players who got injured didn't have an injury history in college. So no I don't blame the management for not foreseeing the unforeseeable. And it has nothing to do with "fair." It has to do with you being ridiculous. Sometimes no one is to blame. You can't accept that. The same argument you are making the Nazis used for the Jews. Was it their fault that the German economy went in the crapper? No, but the Jews got blamed for it whether it was "fair" or not. Now obviously that example is an hyperbole. But it illustrates my point that assigning blame just for the sake of assigning blame is stupid, and often gets you into trouble.
...GMs and Coaches get fired all the time for being blamed on the "unforeseeable". Someone is always accountable. That's the truth... as I like to illustrate. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
And I pointed out to you we didn't overreach. Consensus was Jason Williams and Robert Brewster were third rounders. The only person you can legitimately say that we "reached" for was Victor Butler who most people had ranked a lot lower than where we drafted him. And look how that turned out. Furthermore, we needed all those players we drafted. We needed around 10 new players. OLB Brandon Williams being put on IR, necessitated us picking up OLB Curtis Johnson. Safety Deangelo Smith being cut necessitated us picking Safety Marvin White. Because of the lack of depth on this team (as last year's injuries showed) we didn't really have the luxury of packaging numerous picks to get a few potentially more talented players.
If you wanna say we didn't reach, you have a legitimate argument that I can start to believe. But it's still difficult for me to take Gosselin's big board for "the standard".

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
If you were expecting Hodge, Williams, and Brewster to making a significant contribution this year your expectations were way way way too high. Who is Hodge going to beat out: James or Brooking? Who is Williams going to beat out Ware or Spencer? Did you expect Brewster to beat out Colombo? They are rookies not Free agents. You don't seem to understand the difference.
It was clear we were looking for short term depth, impact on special teams (not Brewster lol) and starting potential for some down the line. That short term depth and impact on special teams is shot with those guys. Where did I ever say they were starters? Of course they're not good enough. We chose quantity over quality. Stop trying to pull stuff out of thin air and make it seem like I said such things. You don't seem to understand. Period.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
I don't think this year's draft was great, but it was good and what this team needed. And The only guy that I thought that would make it and got cut was Deangelo Smith, so you are not really calling it as you are seeing it. You are just being ridiculous.
Ah, some retracting I see. Basically you were talking as if every player we drafted was a wise selection. That the draft was perfect... Now it's no longer great, just good. Finally, some sense I see. Maybe you are not the blind homer that I thought.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Tell me what is ridiculous about saying this draft sucked when we had 12 picks and only 6 are on the 53 man roster on opening day? Great job you say? Sigh. There is a difference between wasted picks and busts. It's called draft value. But I guess that's what you want to fail to acknowledge. People usually do that when they're losing a debate. We got crap value out of our picks. How do you defend that? ..By saying my logic is screwed and avoiding the facts. That's how. lol. Terrible ... dare I say cowardly approach? I started off by saying we never maximized our draft assets. I stand by that point.
I have never said this draft was great. Maybe in your twisted little mind. And there is no loss in draft value for players who weren't going to have a chance of contributing beyond special teams due to injuries, which is what you fail to understand. Who exactly did you expect Brandon Williams, Robert Brewster, and Stephen Hodge to beat out? You have no clue what you are talking about. You apparently have little clue who the Cowboys starters are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post


OK, so you think a year on PUP is the equivalent as a year of health and being on the team.
Ok apparently you have no clue what PUP is. You don't sit out a year. Being clueless is becoming a theme in all your posts G-Unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did I expect him to start? No. Did I expect that Proctor and McQuistan would start last year and that we'd have to trade for Holland too? No. We knew that this was going to be a development year for Brewster, but he's not even doing that. If you think reading the playbook is the equivalent then... :/
Again like I said when you are on PUP you are not out for a year. So you are not making any sense.

And Brewster was never going to beat out Holland for the backup guard spot. If Colombo went down this year Free would take over, and if any of the guards went down Holland would take over. Brewster had very little chance of playing this year anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post


...GMs and Coaches get fired all the time for being blamed on the "unforeseeable". Someone is always accountable. That's the truth... as I like to illustrate. lol.
And those organizations tend to be really crappy genius. Look at organizations like the Steelers who stick with their coaches through thick and thin, and look at organizations who have a high turnover rate because their owners fire their coaches at the drop of the hat. You want to blame Jerry for things beyond his control. Fine. But just know that is incredibly silly and it makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

If you wanna say we didn't reach, you have a legitimate argument that I can start to believe. But it's still difficult for me to take Gosselin's big board for "the standard".
Well almost every "Professional" draftnik takes it as the standard. Because Gosselin consistently has the best board year in and year out. That is because he forms is big boards based on talking to NFL GM and scouts and not his own personal preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It was clear we were looking for short term depth, impact on special teams (not Brewster lol) and starting potential for some down the line. That short term depth and impact on special teams is shot with those guys. Where did I ever say they were starters? Of course they're not good enough. We chose quantity over quality. Stop trying to pull stuff out of thin air and make it seem like I said such things. You don't seem to understand. Period.
You are so upset that all of these rookies were going to miss time this year. For what reason? How were they going to contribute beyond special teams? Beyond beating out starters, you are not making any sense. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Ah, some retracting I see. Basically you were talking as if every player we drafted was a wise selection. That the draft was perfect... Now it's no longer great, just good. Finally, some sense I see. Maybe you are not the blind homer that I thought.
Again don't put words in my mouth so you can erect strawmen because you can't address my argument. I didn't say it was perfect and I never said it was great. I merely said they didn't reach as you are contending, and bundling up picks to get four or five "better" players would have been stupid considering the lack of depth on this team. And considering the rash of injuries our rookies have been having it is not clear whether their would be any rookies healthy for the year and not on IR if Jerry did what you are proposing. I'm just glad he is the GM and not you.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,795
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
I have never said this draft was great. Maybe in your twisted little mind. And there is no loss in draft value for players who weren't going to have a chance of contributing beyond special teams due to injuries, which is what you fail to understand. Who exactly did you expect Brandon Williams, Robert Brewster, and Stephen Hodge to beat out? You have no clue what you are talking about. You apparently have little clue who the Cowboys starters are.
OK, so now there is a big difference between saying the draft was good versus great??? Let's get beyond symantics here. What is your reason for all your justification about how all the picks were the right picks made for the right reasons? If all the picks were the right decisions, then why the downgrade from calling it a great draft? I thought you said this is what we needed? Is it because now all of a sudden only 6 of the 12 are on the final active roster on opening day?


How can you say there is no loss in draft value? Do you sit there today thinking that we have accummulated the same worth that matches the value of our draft assets going into the draft?

Don't try to suggest that I thought the guys we drafted were gonna be starters. That's what YOU were trying to tell ME! Outside of Jason Williams and David Buehler, I didn't expect any to be starters now or down the line. Bottom line is that now you're reaching while you keep sliding down that slippery slope. You thought more of them would make the team than did, and now you don't want to own up to it. Be a man. So now we come away with 6 guys on the final roster to start the season and you're trying to reach further by saying that Brewster on PUP is going to develop the same way as he would've have had he been healthy... AND you think he's gonna play this year? Clinging on to the depths of hopes... Need a hand up, buddy?


Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Ok apparently you have no clue what PUP is. You don't sit out a year. Being clueless is becoming a theme in all your posts G-Unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Again like I said when you are on PUP you are not out for a year. So you are not making any sense.
Grow up. The initial reports were out that he'd miss the season because of this injury. But since the Cowboys put him on PUP hoping that he'd still have a chance to play, you're now telling me that there's a good chance of him returning? Reaching is now your only theme in all your posts. He won't be ready in 6 weeks. Nor will he be ready in 9. Without training camp, regular practice, you think the team will put him on the active roster with a 3 week window to activate him? C'mon now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
And Brewster was never going to beat out Holland for the backup guard spot. If Colombo went down this year Free would take over, and if any of the guards went down Holland would take over. Brewster had very little chance of playing this year anyhow.
...and you were trying to convince me that he was a great 3rd round pick? You're doing me a favor by that comment of yours. Thanks. Now you understand my frustration. We'll see how much Preston plays this year because that's the playing time Brewster would've gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
And those organizations tend to be really crappy genius. Look at organizations like the Steelers who stick with their coaches through thick and thin, and look at organizations who have a high turnover rate because their owners fire their coaches at the drop of the hat. You want to blame Jerry for things beyond his control. Fine. But just know that is incredibly silly and it makes no sense.
You've become too used to making excuses for Jerry. I like the guy a lot, but he is not perfect. I commend him on good decisions and criticize him on bad ones. Neither a homer or a hater. Just calling it like I see it, when I see. I wouldn't want another owner in the league, but for me to praise his every move without good reason is not being honest with myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Well almost every "Professional" draftnik takes it as the standard. Because Gosselin consistently has the best board year in and year out. That is because he forms is big boards based on talking to NFL GM and scouts and not his own personal preferences.
I'll give him his due. He's earned that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
You are so upset that all of these rookies were going to miss time this year. For what reason? How were they going to contribute beyond special teams? Beyond beating out starters, you are not making any sense. Period.
First off special teams needed a boost, so don't discredit that for nothing. A big point being made post draft was all about how these guys would have their biggest impact on STs. Outside of that, I wanted them to provide depth. You also seem to want to say that's not important either. Your point is that if they don't start, then their contribution is insignificant. I totally disagree. Additionally, I wanted them to develop themselves and be ready for bigger and better things in years to come. I wanted them to be worthy of the draft picks we spent on them. Now their growth is stunted, replacements have been found and their future looks a lot less shimmery than the day we drafted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Again don't put words in my mouth so you can erect strawmen because you can't address my argument. I didn't say it was perfect and I never said it was great. I merely said they didn't reach as you are contending, and bundling up picks to get four or five "better" players would have been stupid considering the lack of depth on this team. And considering the rash of injuries our rookies have been having it is not clear whether their would be any rookies healthy for the year and not on IR if Jerry did what you are proposing. I'm just glad he is the GM and not you.
I didn't say they needed to trade picks to get four or five better players! Talk about putting words in other people's mouths... I think the value we got in return was much less than what we could've gotten. Period.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,019
Reputation: 13512
Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Only if he was as good a father as he is a coach

McNabb is on the decline and Vick is not going to be the factor people think he will be coming out of Prison.

Plus Ware dominates Vick.
Wow way to take a cheap shot at Andy Reid, he is still better than Wade because last time I checked Wade Phillips is a big softy that lets players run all over him like he is a doormat, and Andy Reid is the second winningest active coach in the game that consistently puts out playoff caliber teams.

And McNabb is on the decline? Why don't you just scream you don't have any clue what you're talking about? Last year was one of his best years, he threw for a career high in yards, yes higher than the year with TO.

And congrats Ware stiff armed Vick, how well to you think a QB is going to tackle a LB that has about 50 pounds on him? Plus who cares about Vick? He will not be playing all that often and he will be used in gadget and wildcat plays. McNabb is the QB and he owns the Cowboys. 44-6, I counter your homerism with homerism of my own.

Last edited by Thumper : 09-09-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
- The D will suffer with all the FA losses.
Yes, "all" of those FA losses. Brian Dawkins and Sean Considine.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
So he says. We don't know what really happened. It wouldn't be the first time McNabb towed the company line.
Also wouldn't be the first time you went against McNabb just because you don't like him.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.