Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default who are some returners that also start?

i'm watching the jets game now and see leonard returning and just got curious. plus it could be helpful for fantasy leagues that count return yards.

lenard- ss & pr
hester- wr & pr
bess- wr & pr
j stewart (gets enough carries)- hb & kr
josh wilson- cb & pr/kr?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Cribbs continues to see more and more playing time at WR
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leon Washington has been far outplaying Thomas Jones this pre-season, although it could mean the end of his KR/PR days if he starts.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pretty sure Leodis McKelvin falls under this category. Percy Harvin could be considered depending on if he wins the 2nd WR position.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnnie Lee Higgins can be a #3 or maybe a #2. better fit in the slot though

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Leon Washington has been far outplaying Thomas Jones this pre-season, although it could mean the end of his KR/PR days if he starts.
I don't think so. He is an electrifying return man because of the skills that make him an effective RB. But he does not have the body to be a full time RB, he will probably always have to split carries with someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerious Norwood had the job last year, I don't know how much he'll have this year. So did Steve Breaston. Both those guys were beasts for me in the league I was in with return yards but Breaston got removed from return duties late last season though.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hixon on the Giants last year was the starting WR when Plax was out and a return man, I don't about this year.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leodis McKelvin for the Bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
I don't think so. He is an electrifying return man because of the skills that make him an effective RB. But he does not have the body to be a full time RB, he will probably always have to split carries with someone
I'm sure he will always split carries, particularly in this offense because there is so much emphasis on running the ball and we have three backs. But given he is the best of the three and I think will be able to help out Sanchez the most in the passing game, he should have the opportunity to start and get the most touches of the three. In that case, given how important he is on the offense anyway and we have other explosive players on the team that are capable of returning kicks at the very least, somebody else should probably take over the KR duties.

Perhaps if Alllison makes the team he can take over some of the KR duties and get eased in. Washington really is playing like the best running back on the team by far, so hopefully he gets more touches and gets extended so he can stay with this team for a long time. But it would be a shame to have him get injured returning a kick or give him a couple less touches on offense when there are other explosive returners on the team, albeit perhaps not as good as he is. But NYJ returners have always looked good, Justin Miller was fantastic before he got hurt and Washington took over. I'm sure Allison would do a great job as well if he took over the KR duties with Washington getting more touches on offense, and to be quite honest I'd be very happy if that happened.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ted Ginn Jr. returned some Punts & kicks I don't how many he'll get this year

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Ted Ginn Jr. returned some Punts & kicks I don't how many he'll get this year
What happened with Ginn Jr.? Has he worked out for the Fins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginn was always going to be a three year project, I guess this season will tell us for sure.

I don't know why teams are so reluctant to have the best man doing the job. Realistically there's not that much more of a chance of getting injured running back a kick. In fact I'm pretty sure any returned I've seen get injured recently got hurt in TC playing with the second teams, or got hurt blocking or something else, not running back a kick.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon Williams started 9 games last year and will be a fulltime starter once Al Harris is done.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
dolphinfan2k5
DC GFX Team
Veteran

dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolphinfan2k5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this last week, when all the starters are supposed to be starting and playing, Ginn returned two kickoffs, so I'm hopeful that means that he will be returning kicks in the season. We had just cut the guy we'd been trying there the previous two weeks though.

I don't know if I'd consider Bess a starter either. Our depth chart is very unclear right now after Ginn. Right now Brian Hartline is the other starter.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
Well this last week, when all the starters are supposed to be starting and playing, Ginn returned two kickoffs, so I'm hopeful that means that he will be returning kicks in the season. We had just cut the guy we'd been trying there the previous two weeks though.

I don't know if I'd consider Bess a starter either. Our depth chart is very unclear right now after Ginn. Right now Brian Hartline is the other starter.
The guy's name was Chris Williams. Its a damn shame he isnt on the team anymore. He looked like he could be a good returner. He was fast and hit the holes hard and quick in the return game, but the only problem is that he couldnt catch a ball clean to save his life. Almost every kickoff or punt he caught it would bounce off his hands and he'd had to catch it again.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
What happened with Ginn Jr.? Has he worked out for the Fins?
He's improving every year and this year he looks poise to breakout. Its like night and day compared to how he looked as a rookie to how he looks now. He use to be just fast and not quick. Only thing that was going good for him was straight line speed and his hands. Now he has improved getting off the line, his route running, he is going in the middle finally to catch the balls and now he is adding some quickness in his game. Still needs to work on being consistent though.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Tramon Williams started 9 games last year and will be a fulltime starter once Al Harris is done.
I thought Will Blackmon was your #1 return man, no?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

I think as of now Desean Jackson is still returning punts because Maclin has been Mr. Dropsie.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I thought Will Blackmon was your #1 return man, no?
Will Blackmon will be the primary returner this year, but Williams will be back deep with him on kicks. Williams has also been our punt returner and kick returner in the past.

I thought that counted enough for the purpose of this thread. If it's just #1s then I guess take him off.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Will Blackmon will be the primary returner this year, but Williams will be back deep with him on kicks. Williams has also been our punt returner and kick returner in the past.

I thought that counted enough for the purpose of this thread. If it's just #1s then I guess take him off.
Oh I don't care what the point of the thread was. I'm just trying to get some inside info for my Fantasy league which rewards for Return Yards.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:15 AM    (permalink
superman
Veteran

superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh yeah i remember blackman was pretty valuable last year
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Ginn was always going to be a three year project, I guess this season will tell us for sure.

I don't know why teams are so reluctant to have the best man doing the job. Realistically there's not that much more of a chance of getting injured running back a kick. In fact I'm pretty sure any returned I've seen get injured recently got hurt in TC playing with the second teams, or got hurt blocking or something else, not running back a kick.
It is just tiring if you have to do an extra few sprints a game and take some pretty big hits too. A starter is already taking a good amount of snaps, teams don't like overloading them if they don't have to.

Watch out for Mike Goodson, he is going to get carries and catches this year for the Panthers, and he is returning kickoffs. If this kid gets any daylight, he is insanely shifty and fast. The new wedge rules do hurt that position though. I think he could return one or two. But I'd wait until its easy to see how the Panthers will use Deangelo, Stewart and Goodson.

I don't really know of any others out there
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know that i consider what randel el does with punts returning but hes starts at wr too at this point.