Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 08-30-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
cribbsjosh

Both seemed to play pretty good this preseason especially against a stought tennesse defense. I'm confused who would u go with? Quin or Anderson? Niether?
Old 08-30-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is this even a competition? Anderson blows and you spent a first round pick on Quinn, why not give him a shot.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say give it to Quinn, he was drafted to be the QB of the franchise, and its not like he has been given a full opportunity and blew it. Anderson just lived off that one Pro Bowl season and has been real inconsistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well personally, I think the Browns should just let Brady Quinn start from the get go because Brady Quinn is prolly the more talented QB and there is no way for the Browns to see if Brady Quinn can succeed as a starter if they keep saying it's a competition and then letting Anderson take all the snaps.

If you're the Browns, you have to be realistic. The difference between Anderson and Quinn isn't so great that it will cost you a chance at the Super Bowl, or even a playoff birth.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Quinn for a couple of reasons.
- Anderson lost the job last year and Quinn only lost it by getting injured. The only game he did play healthy he looked great.
- Quinn is more suited to be the face of the franchise and could lead the team for quite a while
- Quinn is a domer ;)
- Quinn looked better to me this preseason
- As a Browns fan Quinn has all the heart for the team you would need
- Ive got Quinn as my backup FF QB

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN's Trent Dilfer said Anderson will start (btw that's just his opnion) :/

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
ESPN's Trent Dilfer said Anderson will start (btw that's just his opnion) :/
Until Ocho Cinco Twitters its not official.

Seriously I wouldn't put any stock in Dilfer's opinion.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson is a moose dick
Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quinn's gonna start, but i'm not sold that he's gonna be better than DA. DA is still young and has a ridiculous arm, and is really good when he's on. Quinn needs a chance tho, he has way more upside
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't see how Quinn isn't already the starter. He's got a lot more upside and he is the better player right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anderson lost everyone that made him decent in the coaching staff and he didn't progress last year when given a chance.

Quinn has far greater potential, the Browns are better off starting him from the word go and putting anderson up for trade.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be Quinn. DA has a rocket arm, but Quinn has him in everything else.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Anderson is what he's gonna be... ridiculous arm, questionable accuracy, always looking deep, bad clock management, streaky, and a gun slinger
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Derek Anderson is what he's gonna be... ridiculous arm, questionable accuracy, always looking deep, bad clock management, streaky, and a gun slinger
And he isn't that bad... I'm tired of people constantly knocking him making him out to be one of the worst QBs in the league. Last year our entire team was pathetic, offensive line, running game, receivers, defense, special teams was even the worst I remember it in a while.

Derek had maybe one or two games that were horrendous (Redskins and Bengals)

The game he got pulled after was the Ravens and he played exceptionally well with one interception where the RB turned the wrong way so it looked like a direct pass to T Suggs. I think DA can still be a starter in this league with or without Cleveland, you put the guy behind a good offensive line and he will pick apart defenses, but he will also make questionable decisions at times... That's part of his game.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Rex Grossman?

I think it is Quinn's job to lose, I still can't believe they signed anderson to a deal after drafting Quinn, nobody is going to want to take him now.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:44 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You start the best player full stop, but providing that isn't as clear as day in Anderson's favor, I think Quinn deserves a chance with full support behind him.

BTW, did anyone catch that crazy penalty Anderson got in the Titans game that just passed? I was watching on an incredibly low resolution Internet stream, but from what I gathered Anderson started running after an overthrown deep ball by Kerry Collins to catch it on the sideline, and managed to run onto the sideline area and knock over a ref in the process, giving the Browns a 15 yarder. Was perhaps the strangest penalty I've ever seen.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Rex Grossman?

I think it is Quinn's job to lose, I still can't believe they signed anderson to a deal after drafting Quinn, nobody is going to want to take him now.
If a player is willing to work out a new deal first, the existing contract is not a big deal for the receiving team in a trade since it's stripped of guaranteed money basically making it a clean slate. And a player would typically be happy to cooperate because a new deal = new signing bonus.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd bet the Browns long term go with Quinn, but IMO Anderson will get a chance to start somewhere else in the league.

The Brett Favre experiment is doomed to fail in Minnesota, and in a year or two I think Anderson would be an excellent fit there.

Physically, Anderson is IT, but his problem is with consistency and decision-making.

I don't know what his contract status is, but I wonder what Cleveland could score in a trade for him.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
And he isn't that bad... I'm tired of people constantly knocking him making him out to be one of the worst QBs in the league. Last year our entire team was pathetic, offensive line, running game, receivers, defense, special teams was even the worst I remember it in a while.

Derek had maybe one or two games that were horrendous (Redskins and Bengals)

The game he got pulled after was the Ravens and he played exceptionally well with one interception where the RB turned the wrong way so it looked like a direct pass to T Suggs. I think DA can still be a starter in this league with or without Cleveland, you put the guy behind a good offensive line and he will pick apart defenses, but he will also make questionable decisions at times... That's part of his game.
Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.

Old 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Part of me feels he'll end up a Panther. Maybe it's the scherer connection, but Fox likes vet QBs and he's a perfect fit for our system.
Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks

Last edited by wonderbredd24 : 08-31-2009 at 04:44 PM.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Please, please, please trade for him

You guys need a DTackle... we could package Derek Anderson and Corey Williams for a pick or picks
Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Ha ha, we don't have a first rounder next year. We don't have much in the way of depth either. Pep eating 18 million in cap space kicks the team in the nuts.
where would you need a first rounder for, its DA were talking about here, second and a fifth or something like that should easily cut it, prolly way less

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Anderson would have probably been a beast in Minnesota.