Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chan Gailey fired

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...p-chan-gailey/

Quote:
A source within the otherwise impenetrable walls of One Arrowhead Drive advises that the Chiefs have fired this morning offensive coordinator Chan Gailey.

Gailey survived the initial purge of assistant coaches after Todd Haley was hired in February.
This is really weird, heh. This season might be better with this move but I have no idea. It's really weird considering Chan ran the spread and made Thigpen successful and now Thigpen might start for a few weeks since Cassel is out.. and we choose NOW to fire Gailey?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't agree with this move the OL is the problem not the OC.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, we could have drafted an offensive lineman and we wouldn't be so bad on offense, but whatever.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I actually like the move, even when the line was decent the offense didn't look GREAT. I figure, if they feel it's not good all ready...then go ahead and make the change before the regular season has started. Yes, it's close to the regular season now but it'd be better to make it now if they feel it will improve the team than wait another 16 games and make a change after we have a losing season.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Ya, we could have drafted an offensive lineman and we wouldn't be so bad on offense, but whatever.
Then our DL would be pretty bad can't fix every thing in one off season they could have done more but but to late now.

There was some pretty good OL in FA this year but they chose not to go after them the only thing I can think of is they thought they could coach up who they had wrong...
Old 08-31-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

There were a lot of good OL in the 3rd round when we took Magee.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
There were a lot of good OL in the 3rd round when we took Magee.
Agreed but I still like the Jackson pick did we over pay for him yes but he has all ready shown flashes of being a real force.

If the trade of Gonzo would have got us a 2nd round pick at this draft it could have been huge.

I would have loved for the Chiefs to have gone out in FA and got a C (Jason Brown) and a RT then drafted a guard in the 3rd Mike Goff is done.

Like I said before to little to late fans on the radio are screaming for us to bring some guys in but the truth is there is not much out there.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Haley wanted to call the offensive plays all along.
with the Cassel injury and things looking so bleek, someone had to take the fall, it was Chan.

the OLine needed to be fired.
they give a new meaning to the word suck.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/08...distract ion/

GAILEY RELEASES STATEMENT

“There’s never great timing for situations like this. However, Todd has to do what’s best for the team and for the future of the Chiefs. I respect that. It didn’t work out for us, but I certainly think that he has a very fine offensive mind and I feel very fortunate to have worked for the Chiefs these past two years.

“I look forward to seeing how I might be able to help the franchise in the near future in other areas.”

LJ TALKS CHANGES AT COORDINATOR

“It’s better now that in the middle of the regular season,” Johnson said. “It was coaches choice to step in and intervene at this time rather than wait until Week 8 or Week 11.”

“To me, it’s like my mother says,” Johnson explained. “There’s just too many roosters in the hen house, so to speak. Two coordinators who are both passionate about what they do and passionate about calling plays. For me, it was only a matter of time.“

“Until we go out there and start winning games, it doesn’t matter who is calling the plays,” Johnson said. “We need to do out there, execute and do things right no matter who is calling plays.“

He knows that different players need different plays,” Johnson said. “As far as what Todd told me, we are going to run the football and do things that we need to do. It definitely puts pressure on me knowing that Baltimore is the first game of the season. We all have to do our part to pick up the extra slack.

“We just have to follow Scott and Todd’s leadership,” Johnson continued. “

Their dedication to winning has already shown and opened up a lot of eyes. We are in a situation where we are the underdogs. We need to do the things that we need to do to get this team back to winning.”
Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I don't agree with this move the OL is the problem not the OC.
Chan's a bad OC. It's a good move. Pretty sure they just kept him to pick his brain to get a better understanding of the personnel they inherited.

The OL is bad, but Chan is worse. The Chiefs want to be able to sustain drives and win the time of possession battle. It's impossible to play good defense when your offense can't stay on the field. This was the major problem I saw with the team last year, and it showed its head again in pre-season. A good OC finds ways to work around having a ****** OL (see: Charlie Weis circa 2001-2004). And the Chiefs' starting OL is leaps and bounds better than what they had in 2008.

They got crushed in the time of possession Saturday, and only converted one 3rd down. The only game the offense hasn't been a complete failure so far is vs. Minnesota - mainly because Thigpen and Croyle didn't play.

Last edited by nepg : 09-02-2009 at 07:46 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Agreed but I still like the Jackson pick did we over pay for him yes but he has all ready shown flashes of being a real force.

If the trade of Gonzo would have got us a 2nd round pick at this draft it could have been huge.

I would have loved for the Chiefs to have gone out in FA and got a C (Jason Brown) and a RT then drafted a guard in the 3rd Mike Goff is done.

Like I said before to little to late fans on the radio are screaming for us to bring some guys in but the truth is there is not much out there.
Have to wait for cuts to be made. And, really, Pioli's style is to not mess with the OL too much. The more they play together, the better they'll be. Improving the talent along the OL will be a gradual process over the next few years.

They'll likely never bring in a big money guy along the OL or at any position other than OLB. The team's development this year and next year's draft will be crucial. Pioli believes in homegrown guys along the OL and DL.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote