Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-04-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chiefs Cuts

Chiefs chop eight

"Gone are fullback Jed Collins, cornerback Travis Daniels, cornerback Londen Fryar, center Eric Ghiaciuc, tackle Damion McIntosh, linebacker Corey Smith, tackle Herb Taylor, and guard Tavares Washington."

I'm kinda suprised by the D-Mac cut I know he has looked pretty bad in preseason but its not like they have much behind him.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Chiefs chop eight

"Gone are fullback Jed Collins, cornerback Travis Daniels, cornerback Londen Fryar, center Eric Ghiaciuc, tackle Damion McIntosh, linebacker Corey Smith, tackle Herb Taylor, and guard Tavares Washington."

I'm kinda suprised by the D-Mac cut I know he has looked pretty bad in preseason but its not like they have much behind him.

i agree, DMac nor the other guys stepped up last night tho, so i'm sure Pioli will be active with other teams cuts looking for help.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah I know we will be making some offensive line pickups...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure we will to but I'm not sure it will be an upgrade I think it is just to late to upgrade the line.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone not name McIntosh or Richardson has to be an upgrade
Old 09-04-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
anyone not name McIntosh or Richardson has to be an upgrade
agreed.

those two sucked bigtime.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm sure we will to but I'm not sure it will be an upgrade I think it is just to late to upgrade the line.
I understand that we don't have the depth now, and that there may not be future options out in free agents...however for the time being I would much rather take my chances on some free agents or someone else than what we have had. They looked absolute horrible, and at least if we try to bring in someone else then we are doing something different and not just content with someone who will allow 40 sacks a game.

If we pick up some people or try someone new, maybe they will turn out to be good for all we know.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 09-04-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I am not holding my breath as of now with D-Mac gone that means Barry Richardson is the starter thats is not any better.

I mean sure we could luck out and find a player out in FA but teams don't cut good OT's this late very often.

I don't want you to get me wrong I'm as down on D-Mac as the rest of you I'm just saying we are still in big trouble on the OL.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could not disagree with you more. I think Richardson is a GIGANTIC upgrade. He started what, one preseason game and you're ready to write him off? He didn't look horrible last year. I would take NO ONE starting at RT over Damion McIntosh.. at least then the QB could expect the rusher being unblocked instead of having some shred of hope that McIntosh could get his fat ass in front of a defender at least once a game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Barry Richardson has been getting beat vs back ups all preseason so I don't see how any one can think he will do better as a starter?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the live blog at KC Chiefs.com

Released...

CB Jackie Bates
TE Tom Crabree
DE Dion Gales
DE Bobby Greenwood
G Darryl Harris
WR Taurus Johnson
WR Ashley Lelie
DT Derek Lokey
S Bernard Pollard
S Ricky Price
LB Zach Thomas
RB Javarris Williams
WR Rodney Wright

Placed on IR...

G Colin Brown

Old 09-05-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm really surprised Pollard was flat out cut instead of demoted to a backup/special teams role. I guess Page and Morgan will be starting for us this year. Morgan was talented, more talented than Pollard perhaps, but it's still a weird move. Wasn't Morgan more of a FS than a SS?

Old 09-05-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will probably be Mike Brown for as long as he's healthy. good player. I like Pollard too, he can't be any worse than Clinton Hart.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Pollard is suprising but I hear the staff loves Brown. Leslie was a little suprising too given our recievers haven't shown a lot of speed. I have heard he isn't exactly the hardest worker though and if true that would not fit with this staff. Zach Thomas is a little suprising given he was one of our "big" signings this offseason, but I imagine his career is likely over now. It's amazing what Pioli thought of the last few draft classes of Peterson though as guys are getting chopped one after another.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:26 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Well the main one there is Bernard Pollard, I was surprised to see that...

Old 09-06-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Well the main one there is Bernard Pollard, I was surprised to see that...

me too, he was my namesake.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm not a fan of cutting Pollard he should at least be a back up.

EDIT: The more I think about it the more I think this move was made to rattle the cage and let people know no one is safe.

Last edited by Splat : 09-06-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone explain what Terrance Copper did to deserve to make this team?Lelie outpreformed him in preseason and Lelie only played in 2-3 games
Old 09-06-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Barry Richardson waived and Ryan O'Callaghan was signed
Old 09-06-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Barry Richardson waived and Ryan O'Callaghan was signed
I'm so happy I gave you plus rep.:)
Old 09-06-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm so happy I gave you plus rep.:)
not sure how good O'Callaghan is but he certainly can't be worse the D Mac and B Rich
Old 09-06-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I know nothing about him but it has to be an upgrade.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
I know nothing about him but it has to be an upgrade.
See we COULD pick up a free agent to put in, and at least have some sort of hope.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Oh and by the way, another New England Patriot on the team. lol

Old 09-07-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Oh and by the way, another New England Patriot on the team. lol
well if you're gonna take players from another team the Pats are the team to take players from