Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's Chris Brown plus roids. And, that is all.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
you guys all rip him for hooking up with tila tequila... news flash... he's not really a good looking guy, in fact i'd say he borderlines ape looking with a funny shaped head.
I don't care if you ARE an ape. You have got to have some standards.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The witnesses at Merriman's crib confirm his version of events, genuises, not Tequila's.

Notice how no charges have been filed against Merriman by SDPD. Funny thing, evidence.
It will kick you in the ass everytime.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It will kick you in the ass everytime.
Especially when it's fabricated against you...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless of the guilt involved, here, Merriman has thrown away much of what he could have been.

And I strongly contest the assertion that he is a better pass rusher than Ware. That is ridiculous. Ware has taken it up another notch each of the last two years, and even before last year, in 2007, when both were healthy, Ware beat Merriman out in the sack race. And that was before he posted 20 in a season (something only 5 men have done).

Ware is the better pass rusher, the better player in coverage, the better run defender, and the better player overall. Though Merriman is no slouch, either.

Its funny because I was just thinking that he had become a little underrated after missing last year, and then I come on here and hear people talking like this. Wow.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
I need more details, this makes no sense at all. Why would Merriman beef with a bisexual elf??

Where's the upside??

If he choked her, let's be honest, Tequlia would be R.I.P.

Oh, I just re-read the OP. It looks like Shawne was messing around with that freakazoid. This is a domestic non-story IMO. If there are no signs of physical bruising, I know this is chauvinist to say, but that trick is attempting to screw with Merriman's livelihood because he pissed her off.

But I did lose a few points of respect for Merriman for bringing that skank back to his crib to kick it!!

Ewwh!
my thought

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Regardless of the guilt involved, here, Merriman has thrown away much of what he could have been.

And I strongly contest the assertion that he is a better pass rusher than Ware. That is ridiculous. Ware has taken it up another notch each of the last two years, and even before last year, in 2007, when both were healthy, Ware beat Merriman out in the sack race. And that was before he posted 20 in a season (something only 5 men have done).

Ware is the better pass rusher, the better player in coverage, the better run defender, and the better player overall. Though Merriman is no slouch, either.

Its funny because I was just thinking that he had become a little underrated after missing last year, and then I come on here and hear people talking like this. Wow.
That's because Cottrell had Merriman out in coverage for half the season.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

He should have been arrested for going out with her hes a football star surely he could do alot better than that hell even I can do better than Tila Tequila.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get the feeling that her show has somehow made her a lot less attractive to people.

I know nothing about her personally, but she is aesthetically appealing and she is very much not my type. If she was a normal girl though, I'd hit it.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This comes off pretty insecure to me, it's not a D Ware thread. Also, who cares?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither Merriman or D Ware are significantly better or worse than the other, IMO. Both of them are elite 3-4 OLBs, 1-2 however you wanna rank them.

Parcells picked Merriman over Ware because he thought Ware was a little more fluid and less stiff through the hips, but anyone can see that assessment was mistaken.
Like CC.SD said, no one is dissing Ware, but this still happens to be a thread about Merriman's performance off the field, not on, no need to take cheap shots on Big Shawne's play.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I get the feeling that her show has somehow made her a lot less attractive to people.

I know nothing about her personally, but she is aesthetically appealing and she is very much not my type. If she was a normal girl though, I'd hit it.

this is the reason i dont find her attractive

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post

QFT I'd hit it if there wasn't a chance of picking up every VD known to man.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
That's because Cottrell had Merriman out in coverage for half the season.

It's funny. That used to be Cowboys fans' excuse back in the Parcells days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD
This comes off pretty insecure to me, it's not a D Ware thread. Also, who cares?
Excuse me? So you guys are allowed to have a circle jerk about your clearly inferior player on the general board without any response? I'm not the one that brought it up, nor do I wish to even discuss it at this point in time (although I will be making my annual comparison thread at some point this season...as long as its worth talking about) but the stuff you guys were spouting warranted a response. Ware has clearly moved ahead of Merriman as a player, even compared to Shawne's peak, and I'm sure the vast majority of posters share the sentiment.

If there was a thread about Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian, and some random Bush lover took the thread on a tangent about him being so great and better than DeAngelo Williams, though all recent evidence suggests otherwise, it would get a response and warrant it.

In fact, you are the one who sounds insecure. I merely stated the fact, but throwing a rock at your glass house has you a little worried, it appears. Just made the obvious rebuttal to the "Merriman is better than Ware in X ways." None of what was said is true.

And don't think just because BBD started it that its ok. He's notorious for a) being a contrarian and arguing the less popular notion and b) unassumingly and skillfully provoking me in a way that can never be pinned on him :)
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-09-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Merriman>>>Ware 24/7.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Romo>>>>>Brady 24/7

I guess that makes it true, eh?
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-09-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Romo>>>>>Brady 24/7

I guess that makes it true, eh?
it does. true story.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Are you canadian, DMW??
Eh?
Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's funny. That used to be Cowboys fans' excuse back in the Parcells days.

Excuse me? So you guys are allowed to have a circle jerk about your clearly inferior player on the general board without any response? I'm not the one that brought it up, nor do I wish to even discuss it at this point in time (although I will be making my annual comparison thread at some point this season...as long as its worth talking about) but the stuff you guys were spouting warranted a response. Ware has clearly moved ahead of Merriman as a player, even compared to Shawne's peak, and I'm sure the vast majority of posters share the sentiment.

If there was a thread about Reggie Bush and Kim Kardashian, and some random Bush lover took the thread on a tangent about him being so great and better than DeAngelo Williams, though all recent evidence suggests otherwise, it would get a response and warrant it.

In fact, you are the one who sounds insecure. I merely stated the fact, but throwing a rock at your glass house has you a little worried, it appears. Just made the obvious rebuttal to the "Merriman is better than Ware in X ways." None of what was said is true.

And don't think just because BBD started it that its ok. He's notorious for a) being a contrarian and arguing the less popular notion and b) unassumingly and skillfully provoking me in a way that can never be pinned on him :)
And they were right about that as well. Parcells did have Ware out in coverage more than Wade. That's not surprising that Ware is doing better under Wade considering the year that Merriman had under him when he was the DC of SD. We'll see how they do this year under hopefully equal footing. If Merriman is 100% back from his injuries, I can see a tight race between the two.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
And they were right about that as well. Parcells did have Ware out in coverage more than Wade. That's not surprising that Ware is doing better under Wade considering the year that Merriman had under him when he was the DC of SD. We'll see how they do this year under hopefully equal footing. If Merriman is 100% back from his injuries, I can see a tight race between the two.
I don't know if Ware will ever get 20 sacks again, but I know Merriman won't.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Actually it is completely impossible to know that.

I'm not a fan of generalizations but seriously, give it a rest Cowboy fans. I love you guys most of the time, but the whole Ware/Merriman thing is sooooo boring at this point. And too often the slightest compliment to Merriman sprouts up a slew of 'zomg ware is betterzz' comments. Just let them both wreck quarterbacks. On the field, I doubt any Bolt fan would trade Merriman for Ware, and I am just as sure that the opposite is true.

Last edited by CC.SD : 09-11-2009 at 07:14 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sacks are a pretty circumstantial stat. Guys that rank high year in and year out should get credit, but hitting a super high mark doesn't necessarily make you better. Unless you think Mike Strahan is the greatest pass rusher of all time.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Actually it is completely impossible to know that.

I'm not a fan of generalizations but seriously, give it a rest Cowboy fans. I love you guys most of the time, but the whole Ware/Merriman thing is sooooo boring at this point. And too often the slightest compliment to Merriman sprouts up a slew of 'zomg ware is betterzz' comments. Just let them both wreck quarterbacks. On the field, I doubt any Bolt fan would trade Merriman for Ware, and I am just as sure that the opposite is true.
We will see what you say when San Diego lets him go next off-season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Shawne Merriman's rookie year, he didn't start till his 7th game and that year he got 10 sacks.

2nd year he only played 12 games and he recorded 17 sacks

3rd year 15 games 12 sacks

I don't think Merriman getting 20 sacks is impossible, I dont think it is impossible playing in the AFC west.

Last edited by bantx : 09-11-2009 at 08:13 PM.
bantx is offline   Reply With Quote