Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who wins: Ohio State or USC?
USC 23 76.67%
Ohio State 7 23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default USC vs Ohio State

The two keys to the game for me are:

1. How does Matt Barkley handle the crowd noise?

2. Does Pete Carroll use Taylor Mays to spy Terrell Pryor? Mays wants to play closer to the line of scrimmage and the Bukeyes in my opinion have zero chance without a big game from Pryor. Could be an interesting matchup. Might find out which guys' 40 time is legit.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley will do fine and OSU will get their ass handed to them.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I give USC the 10 point win. There defense is still good, have 5 or 6 starting caliber RBs, and Barkely looked decent.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I give USC the 10 point win. There defense is still good, have 5 or 6 starting caliber RBs, and Barkely looked decent.
I think i'd have to agree. I didnt see in the Navy game where the Buckeyes have successfully replaced the likes or Wells, JL, Robiskie, Jenkins and Freeman.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran

murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.

USC 27-36
OSU 17 points at the most
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The two keys to the game for me are:

1. How does Matt Barkley handle the crowd noise?

2. Does Pete Carroll use Taylor Mays to spy Terrell Pryor? Mays wants to play closer to the line of scrimmage and the Bukeyes in my opinion have zero chance without a big game from Pryor. Could be an interesting matchup. Might find out which guys' 40 time is legit.
Pretty sure crowd noise won't be a factor in Barkley's ability to hand the ball off
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could give a **** about the score

I'll be there, wasted out of my mind. It is going to be grrrrrreat!

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I could give a **** about the score

I'll be there, wasted out of my mind. It is going to be grrrrrreat!
I have been to the Horseshoe once(12 years ago, damn I'm old). It was a great time even though Missouri lost... (we were leading at halftime). I think they have expanded it again since then. The thing that sucked the most was that OSU had not started school yet so it was not as fun out that night as I think it would have been.

The worst thing I have ever done with OSU fans is go on spring break. I have never heard the "Sloopy"?? song so many times, and I never want to here it again. The women weren't that hot either, at least not on a per capita basis. Not like partying in Austin. I will never miss a Missouri game in Austin in my life if I can help it.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant see Ohio States offense doing anything against USC. USC by 10+.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I predict Barkley handed it off or dumping it off to his backs 90% of the game. He wont be as big a factor as a QB should in a big game IMO.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless Ohio State's defense is much improved this week, Barkley probably won't have to throw a single pass.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC will win by at least 20.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If OSU's Dline and Oline couldn't dominate against Navy, admittedly a very gutty team, what do the Buckeyes hope to accomplish against USC??

I don't think it will be close, USC by 14.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
If OSU's Dline and Oline couldn't dominate against Navy, admittedly a very gutty team, what do the Buckeyes hope to accomplish against USC??

I don't think it will be close, USC by 14.
I think the Dline critique is not yet warranted. The Navy O-line cut blocks every single down and that dramatically reduces the size advantage they had. However, the Oline is in trouble if they cannot handle those guys.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

should've made this a poll; would've been fun to see the results.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
should've made this a poll; would've been fun to see the results.
Make a second thread with a poll in hopes that the mods combine them. Easy fix.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Default Who will win, USC or Ohio State?

I'm making this thread so there can be a poll. Hopefully the mods will merge it with the existing thread
Old 09-07-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OSU D-Line/USC O-Line matchup should be worth watching. This is the best DLine we've had since the national title DLine (which was probably best in school history)....and USC's Oline is really loaded.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

the rest of the team i'm not gonna even get started with.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or did the poll get jacked up in the merge?
Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I'm not confident. That USC defense is really good, should get alot of pressure on Pryor. Im not expecting the Buckeyes to score much. Pryor still hasnt proven he has agood enough arm to stretch the field. Its gonna take a game like Young had for the offense to pull this one off.

Unless our defense can step up and play alot better than last week we don't stand a chance. We need to stop the run and get an early lead. Putting pressure on Barkley to win the game is the only way we have a shot.

That said, Ill take USC 31- 17

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Is it just me or did the poll get jacked up in the merge?
No, it got jacked it.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Default Trying to fix the poll.

Ok, I got it fixed.

Last edited by P-L : 09-07-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I know I'm not confident. That USC defense is really good, should get alot of pressure on Pryor. Im not expecting the Buckeyes to score much. Pryor still hasnt proven he has agood enough arm to stretch the field. Its gonna take a game like Young had for the offense to pull this one off.

Unless our defense can step up and play alot better than last week we don't stand a chance. We need to stop the run and get an early lead. Putting pressure on Barkley to win the game is the only way we have a shot.

That said, Ill take USC 31- 17
I think there are enough question marks with some of the new SC defenders to make it interesting. My guess is Pete will have Taylor Mays spying Pryor quite a bit. Offensively the Trojans miss Kris Odowd (not sure of his status) but they have so many horses in the backfield i cant see the Buckeyes hanging in there. My guess is Barkley will throw more than most of us think because the Buckeyes will load up on the run. It'll be a big upset to me if the Trojans lose.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definately think the defense will attempt to stop the run, stack the box and make Barkley prove he can carry the offense.

Stopping that run game will be hard enough. We had major problems stopping Navy's run game last week. USC could run all over the field.

Major key for the Buckeyes is getting an early lead. If you let USC score first it really takes some of the pressure off Barkley. I think scoring first would be huge for OSU.

Our only shot is a huge game from from Pryor, a great defensive effort, and Barkley choking on the big stage.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote