Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like that idea a lot, Black would make a pretty damn good guard.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about Javier Arenas?

Personally I would like to have him on the Eagles, he is probably the most physical corner in this draft and Daniel Jeremiah says he has the best ball skills as well. Arenas is pretty much a ready made nickel who can start from day 1 in that spot while also returning punts and kicks. He can blitz as shown by his 5 sacks and 4 QB hurries and he can defend the run as shown by his 69 tackles and 12 tackles for a loss. Essentially you get a immediate role player with potential to eventually start. Not a guy who is overly athletic but he is just a gamer at the CB spot who came up with 3 interceptions against Florida and Texas in the SEC Championship and National Championship.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does not have elite size or speed, to challenge the biggers Wr's. That said, the majority of WR's are smaller and quicker now a days. His size does not bother me, as much as his speed does. What he lacks in speed, he more than makes up for it on instincts. He plays alot faster on the field than his forty time would indicate. He is physical and and can press cover and makes immediate tackles after the catch. I love this guy, and see him going in the second round. He is, if you will, a poor mans, Wilson. If we can nab both, we will be in business.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ Thump's Mock...
1. Wilson- Everyones fav sweatheart. Imo, he is the best CB, and would take him over, Haden. Ballhawk, with physical presence.
2. Allen- This has to be the most underrated S, in this years draft. If he were available for us, id thrilled.
2. McCluster- Explosive athlete, great hands and great YAC. Can play the wildcat, and return punts and kicks. Size is an issue, and his fumbles troubles.
3. Jerry- Great talent, nimble and agile for a guy his size. Struggles with weight issues.
3. Butler- commented on your previous mock.
4. Alem- Tapp/Cole...can be develop without being asked to impact immediatly.
4. Curran- A Tweener, who bites on PA.
5. Woods- Two gap DT, who can add depth.
6. Mesko- commented on previous mock.
7. Epps- Ingrams, injuries will make a draft choice likely. Talented receiver with great speed. Very raw blocker, and will need to develop his blocking skills.
7. Nichols- Will simply be added for depth.

This is a great mock and doubt we would land Wilson and Allen, but it would be nice. I will add my own mock, later so you can jab at it.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-29-2010, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only problem I have with that criticism is Rennie Curran being called a tweener

That is certainly not the case, Curran is a monster.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:39 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

He is a physical specimen, but his height is what im refering to. There have been solid LB, that have been on the shorter side, Jessie Tuggle and Zach Thomas. Every time I saw him play, he always stands out for being short. Hey even the great GM's dont score 100% in the fan popularity. Relax dude, you honestly do solid mocks. War Thumper!

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curran would be sick at WLB. I really like Curran, he has been the Dawgs best LB two seasons in a row. Love his anticipation. Although the thing that worries me is I felt the same exact way about Buster Davis out of FSU when he was coming out. The difference is that Davis wasn't nearly as strong or quick as Curran, he had great instincts and was on the smaller side.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
He is a physical specimen, but his height is what im refering to. There have been solid LB, that have been on the shorter side, Jessie Tuggle and Zach Thomas. Every time I saw him play, he always stands out for being short. Hey even the great GM's dont score 100% in the fan popularity. Relax dude, you honestly do solid mocks. War Thumper!
haha I'm not even mad, I'm just disagreeing.
Old 03-29-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello Eagles fans! I, along with superman(and some numbers at the end) as my assistant, have been given the honors of working with the Eagles in this most recent forum mock. It's through about two rounds and I wanna get reaction from you guys.

Additions

DT Clifton Ryan (McNabb trade)
LB Derrick Johnson (for 87th pick)
DE Brandon Graham (18th pick)
OL Vladimir Ducasse (33rd pick, McNabb trade)
LB Donald Butler (64th pick)

Subtractions

QB Donovan McNabb

I have the 82nd and 140th picks remaining, and I plan to look at the secondary with those picks.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I like it, Duccasse has potential at 4 spots, Graham is a complete monster, Johnson is good, Clifton Ryan is a decent run stuffer and Butler is one of my favorite prospects at LB.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm working on my mock right now. A question for Eagles fans...

If both Kindle and Iupati are on the board, who would be the better pick?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

I would go Iupati, especially if Kolb is starting. Whenever McNabb is out Andy changes his offense and it becomes balanced and if he wants to do that consistently over the course of the season he will need to upgrade the trio of Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles and Nick Cole. Also the Eagles really couldn't open up holes against Dallas and the Eagles running game hasn't been the same since Shawn Andrews went crazy and became soft.

Kindle might just become Chris Gocong part 2 which isn't needed for this team. Kindle certainly could play LB on 2 downs and DE on 1 but the Eagles never did that with Gocong so I don't know why they would start with Kindle.

But if Kareem Jackson, Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourty are on the board, give the Eagles one of them. The Eagles need a Sheldon Brown replacement, Sheldon started breaking down last year, he was great the first half and then all of a sudden he turned into a turnstyle the last few weeks, injury or not he is 31 and he is only going to get worse, the Eagles need CB depth.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kindle.....
Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was bored so I just did a quick mock.

Trades
- Donovan McNabb traded to Oakland for pick #39
- Chris Gocong traded to Cleveland for pick #105
- Quintin Demps traded to Cincinnati for pick # 151

1. Maurkice Pouncey C/OG Florida
2a. Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
2b. Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech
3a. Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida
3b. Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
4a. John Skelton QB Fordham
4b. Jeff Owens DT Georgia
5. James Starks RB Buffalo
6. Zoltan Mesko P Michigan
7a. Nate Byham TE Pittsburgh
7b. Chris Scott OT Tennessee
Old 03-29-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

We have New Orleans' 5th rounder, Matt Mosley is wrong.

BTW that is a good mock draft, Pouncey is a stud and so is Jackson. And there are a bunch of solid players through the whole thing. Chris Scott would move to OG right?

Last edited by Thumper : 03-29-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to get Eric Decker, Jordan Shipley, or Riley Cooper in one of these drafts.

Eric Decker would be a fantastic red zone target. He's just a flat out good player, but fell because of an injury. He could be absolutely AMAZING value.

Jordan Shipley is like a younger Kevin Curtis. He could also provide us with a good KR/PR guy. He's flying under the radar right now.

Riley Cooper is an intriguing prospect. I dont know how I feel about him exactly, but I know he could be had for later in the draft or in the middle. Could possibly become good value.

I think WR is a place we could hit during the draft.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Either would make me happy. Depending if what we do before the draft. Would love the OT, but Kindle would help our D, tremendously. I think I would lean a little more on Kindle, a tad.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I was bored so I just did a quick mock.

Trades
- Donovan McNabb traded to Oakland for pick #39
- Chris Gocong traded to Cleveland for pick #105
- Quintin Demps traded to Cincinnati for pick # 151

1. Maurkice Pouncey C/OG Florida
2a. Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
2b. Morgan Burnett S Georgia Tech
3a. Jermaine Cunningham DE Florida
3b. Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi State
4a. John Skelton QB Fordham
4b. Jeff Owens DT Georgia
5. James Starks RB Buffalo
6. Zoltan Mesko P Michigan
7a. Nate Byham TE Pittsburgh
7b. Chris Scott OT Tennessee
I really like it a lot. I like Burnett, but even though the Eagles tend to value LB less, I'd like if they went LB earlier, and I think this will be the year they do so, if any. I think Navarro Bowman in the second round would be a smart, and potentially possible choice.

That being said, if the draft turned out anything like this, I would be very, very, very happy.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with Iupati OT talk? From everything I've heard when he tried his hand at tackle in the senior bowl he struggled pretty mightily. I think he's the consummate guard and should stay at that position. I'd love to have a mauler at guard, but I just like Kindle too much to say we shouldn't take him.

I know people say that Kindle could be Gocong 2.0, but I believe that for one he is more fluid in space than Gocong, and a better natural athlete. Gocong puts up some great numbers in workouts, but when the pads are on he can't hack it as a LB. I believe Sergio can. He is straight up nasty. Can't say enough about the guy, he is one of my favorite prospects and I'd love to see him in Eagles green.

That said can he cover Witten? Probably not, but I put quite a bit of the fault on McDermott for not figuring out ways to mask that deficiency in our defense better. There are almost no SLB in the NFL who could cover Witten, and I think that our defense needs to figure out another way to deal with this problem than just throwing the SLB on him.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
What's with Iupati OT talk? From everything I've heard when he tried his hand at tackle in the senior bowl he struggled pretty mightily. I think he's the consummate guard and should stay at that position. I'd love to have a mauler at guard, but I just like Kindle too much to say we shouldn't take him.

I know people say that Kindle could be Gocong 2.0, but I believe that for one he is more fluid in space than Gocong, and a better natural athlete. Gocong puts up some great numbers in workouts, but when the pads are on he can't hack it as a LB. I believe Sergio can. He is straight up nasty. Can't say enough about the guy, he is one of my favorite prospects and I'd love to see him in Eagles green.

That said can he cover Witten? Probably not, but I put quite a bit of the fault on McDermott for not figuring out ways to mask that deficiency in our defense better. There are almost no SLB in the NFL who could cover Witten, and I think that our defense needs to figure out another way to deal with this problem than just throwing the SLB on him.
I agree about Iupati, stick him at RG and you are set there as long as he is on your team. Put him at Tackle and that may not be the case. As far as Sergio, If he is coming is as an LB, that is a serious risk, and honestly, he wouldn't be much of an upgrade at SLB over Gocong. He is a more fluid athlete, but he isn't meant to be a SLB in a 4-3. Put him as a rush LB in the 3-4 or as a RE and you have a great player. He doesn't have the body type to be a successful LE and doesn't have quite the athletecism you want in a LB. Just my opinion though.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

There is one thing I hate about knowing stuff about the draft, I am almost always disappointed on draft day.

For instance, I thought that Patrick Willis, Aaron Curry, Michael Griffin, Brandon Merriweather, Haloti Ngata, Reggie Nelson, Darelle Revis, Jonathan Stewart, Jeff Otah and Brian Cushing were all going to be beasts and I wanted the Eagles to draft them and then I watched their stocks just take off during the season or during the combine and they got well out of the Eagles reach.

This year, I really like Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson, Rolando McClain and Kareem Jackson and now all 4 of them are projected to be gone by the time the Eagles pick. Also I'd like to throw Pouncey's name into that mix as well, he is going to be a stud and I've known that since before he declared and now everyone is on his bandwagon and he might go 11th overall.

I'm always disappointed on draft day for the most part because the players I had an eye on for the longest time go right before the Eagles pick and this year the Eagles are going to be stuck with choosing between the players I've been bashing for the entire season, Taylor Mays, Carlos Dunlap, Everson Griffen and Patrick Robinson.

Please if none of Brandon Graham, Kyle Wilson, Kareem Jackson, Rolando McClain or Maurkice Pouncey are on the board please just trade down and grab McCourty, Darryl Washington, Donald Butler or John Jerry.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffen and Mays will be better than all the players you named with the exception of maybe McCourty.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Thumper: did you really predict Patrick Willis, Derelle Revis, and Haloti Ngata as "beasts"?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Thumper: did you really predict Patrick Willis, Derelle Revis, and Haloti Ngata as "beasts"?
I sure did. Not so much Haloti, I really liked him though and wanted the Eagles to take him. Darrelle Revis was my favorite in the draft, and P Willis was my bust proof player.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

I was enamoured with Haloti Ngata, that year. And for some reason wanted Marcedes Lewis, lol.

Sig by Bone Krusher